Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hey I have a general question about spots on my leaves . Blueberry is the strain , im about 5 weeks into flowering and aside from some yellowing of the leaves , the only problem I'm running into is these troublesome spots on my leaves which are getting terrifyingly close to my sugar leaves .. I am currently using the go box with the organic based nutrients . Using cal mag , bio bloom , bio marine , bio bud , and just used my last watering with bio root . I plan on harvesting around the end of march but any idea of what might be the problem ? I also ph test everything I water the plant with and it's between 6 and 7 every time .
420-magazine-mobile1841696261.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1551532874.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Brown spots on new growth indicate calcium defiency. If your using calmag it may indicate ph issue.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

Hey Snid, this thread has been busy. Anyway I have a easy question. I'm going to place a order for bag style pots for autos and I'm wondering what size pot is appropriate for autos. I'm trying to utilize space. Thanks in advance
I'd go with 3 gallon pots, anything larger and you may be wasteing media and tent space. Thanks for your question, :Namaste:
I apologise for randomly asking this question but the title is ask us anything so I was hoping I'd find the answer here. I have a very small grow cabinet about 22 cubic feet. Stealth is an absolute for me as far as odors and lights and sound goes. I need to vent of course but my issue is I need to know the absolute quietest smallest 100% effective ventilation/odor control I can have. Does anyone know of the answer??? Thank you and sorry again for the randomness
I think your vent booster inline fans at home depot are your best bet. CPU fans work very well for small spaces too and are ultra quiet I've used both with relative success at regulating temps and humidity. But now i use a big 400+ cfm inline that's louder than my furnace..

Since you're getting started and most likely want to go cheaper then CPU fans are your ticket.

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:cheers

My guess would be Zinc, seeing as how your new growth seems to be the only area experiencing the yellowing between veins.. Then again it could be Magnesium, Iron, Nitrogen, Sulfur or Manganese. Check out the chart. It would help if you could include some more details about this grow... i.e. pH levels, nutes, soil/coco/hydro? You know, the basics

420-magazine-mobile553604074.jpg

Hi snid :) I was told you are the person for this :) as I'm a noob, I'm planning on doing my first grow. 600w hps 8 pot wilma system, starting off with 1 plant (cindy99) jiffy plugs, and then in to clay pebbles. (Hydroponics) my question is straight after germination when I put my plant in my tent, in to the clay pebel. How soon do I start feeding the plant? Do I start off giving it water? Or straight away add nutes to my wilma tank little by little? And in 24 hours how many times should I feed it? And for how long? Sorry for all the questions

Kitty's First Grow Spring 2017 - LED & CFL & Sun

Alright guys. Kitty needs your help!!!!

Just watered the girls. I REALLY wait till they ask for it... with noticeable dry soil pulling from the sides of the pot throughout the top inch. I noticed these two leaf discolorations while watering. One is on my smallest seedling's first true leaves and the other on my largest seedling's first true leaves.

Smallest...

Biggest...

Is this them politely asking for their first nutrients? They are all between 12-14 days above soil. Ride on the rink between seedling and veg. They are in 70/30 Biobizz allmix (organic and know to be 'hot') and perlite. I thought the all mix would get them through 3 weeks but growth has been very fast as of late. (Seeing my first roots through the bottom holes of the largest lady already and we aren't even two weeks above soil.)

They are also still under 24 hour lights which I planned on dialing back on Thursday to 20/4 (officially two weeks above ground).

What are they trying to tell me guys?? These were the only two color discolorations I found amongst 9 plants and it is kind of curious how it is found on both my largest and smallest plants.

I also noticed some cotyledons yellowing but believe this is a normal process as the plant grows out of its seedling stage.

Help! My leaves don't match any of the the known deficiencies on the chart that gets passed around...

Mutation? It would effects the whole half leaf right? Not just a portion. I really don't want to give them nutes they aren't ready for... especially in the all mix.

Kitty's First Grow Spring 2017 - LED & CFL & Sun

..."Whoever sad best things in life are free...obviosly grew their own bud."...
Please help with lights

Hi snid :) I was told you are the person for this :) as I'm a noob, I'm planning on doing my first grow. 600w hps 8 pot wilma system, starting off with 1 plant (cindy99) jiffy plugs, and then in to clay pebbles. (Hydroponics) my question is straight after germination when I put my plant in my tent, in to the clay pebel. How soon do I start feeding the plant? Do I start off giving it water? Or straight away add nutes to my wilma tank little by little? And in 24 hours how many times should I feed it? And for how long? Sorry for all the questions

start nutes day 1 in hydro. strength 1.0ec (500ppm) going off a water starting point of 0.3ec (150ppm). ph 5.5-5.8.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I started LSt training 3 days ago, and the top leaf seem drooping and form a claw and the end of the tip.

It seems like a nitrogen toxicity, but i only fed nute once. However, seems like my plant used to be nitrogen deficiency before (yellow bottom leaf, drooping) so I transplant to a bigger pot and fed her.

It turns out the the top leafs start to droop again.

I used 2 cfl 45w and 2cfl 65w daylight
Watering her every 2 days

Thank for your help

420-magazine-mobile786371726.jpg
420-magazine-mobile38487782.jpg

I'm growing 2 white widow autos and am stumped why one is a runt. I germinated them both the same time and the runt actually showed taproot first and got planted 1 day ahead of the other. My question is should what causes them to be runts if I germed and planted them the same way. Also will the runt get bigger or should I pull the cord now?

420-magazine-mobile431466471.jpg
420-magazine-mobile761256524.jpg

It might be 2 different phenotypes of WW. I had 2 different phenos and they grew completely differently. The runt ended up surpassing the other WW in smell. It had a much stronger odor. I guess you never know until the end.

My plants leaves are dying. It's starting at the bottom. Would this be from over watering? I'm growing in coco perlite mix.
Water every day about 3/4 of a gallon between 6 plants.
Running floranova bloom. 1ml per gallon. And calmag+ 1ml per gallon.
420-magazine-mobile1004529906.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1809753090.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1576605261.jpg
420-magazine-mobile961974723.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1244580649.jpg
420-magazine-mobile41515284.jpg
420-magazine-mobile998280991.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My plants leaves are dying. It's starting at the bottom. Would this be from over watering? I'm growing in coco perlite mix.

My bottom leaves sometimes go fast and yellow like that as long as top growth isn't a affected I'd let it dry out. Check ph soil. if your pH is out if range it will lock out cali mag. So make sure your in 5.5-6.5

How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

Oh ps I hope this is allowed to ask mods. Please delete if not allowed. Anyone know how to delete and add signature to the android app for 420 mag? My desktop is showing it's updated but still hasn't changed on here? Help please gents and lads.

Bro stop watering your killing your plants!!!!!! The plant has what's called a tap root it's the main root under the plant and it's job is to seek out water among other things if your soil is constantly wet it won't have to seek out the water and your plant will get weaker and weaker until it finally dies. Two MAJOR things your doing wrong one is you don't water your plants until they droop from lack of water second thing when you water you wanna water until you get runoff from the bottom of your container. This way you build a root structure you force the tap to grow looking for water and that makes the plant stronger and healthier. Other than that there looking ok keep it up

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

Oh ps I hope this is allowed to ask mods. Please delete if not allowed. Anyone know how to delete and add signature to the android app for 420 mag? My desktop is showing it's updated but still hasn't changed on here? Help please gents and lads.

Try shutting down phone &restart it after a min or so

Bro stop watering your killing your plants!!!!!! The plant has what's called a tap root it's the main root under the plant and it's job is to seek out water among other things if your soil is constantly wet it won't have to seek out the water and your plant will get weaker and weaker until it finally dies. Two MAJOR things your doing wrong one is you don't water your plants until they droop from lack of water second thing when you water you wanna water until you get runoff from the bottom of your container. This way you build a root structure you force the tap to grow looking for water and that makes the plant stronger and healthier. Other than that there looking ok keep it up

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly
Hey brother. Hope all is well with you. I'm going to posts some pic later, but is day 27-28 for two of them, & the others are 23-24. They all are showing beginning pistils. Is this too early? Thanks man. I wish the steelers could steal tyrelle pryor off the browns. We'd be holding thrashes trophy next year.

Back
Top Bottom