BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Outdoor Grow 2019: White Widow, Northern Lights & CBD Lemon Potion

We thinking the Northern Lights was just hungry? I saw you upped her cal/mg and her base nutrients a bit.
Yeah, seems to be a heavy feeder. Magnesium deficiency a bit too. New growth is still a bit yellow, but worse first thing in the morning for some reason. :morenutes:
Looking good especially the NL.
Thanks. I'm debating whether to top it again. I kinda like the shape it has now.:Namaste:
That NL looks more like the WW I grew than the WW does...
Well, there is a possibility we swapped the seeds at some point - even though we were supper careful not to. I guess we'll know once they start flowering. :p

Well, yet another wet day outside so we decided to play indoors by making a batch of gummies. Yesterday I prepared some infused coconut oil. I make small batches at a time just cause it's easier that way for me. I started with 2 oz of refined coconut oil and added 3 grams of decarbed Sour Diesel. I wanted a slightly weaker concentration this time so that more gummies could be eaten without over doing the high. Also, the gummies should taste less weedy as well.
I then put it in the decarb unit and turn it on for one cycle.
2 hrs later it's done and once the weed is strained, I have approx 1.8 oz oil. Added 1/4 tsp of lecithin.
By my calculations that oil came out to (approximately) have a THC concentration of 10 mg/ml.
I had two 3-oz boxes of jello so decided to make a small batch of each: Watermelon and Berry Blue flavors.
I also read a few online sources that recommend to "bloom" the gelatin for a couple minutes before mixing with the other ingredients. This makes it easier for the gelatin to dissolve and gives the gummies a silkier complexion. Do this by adding a little of the cold water and mix. I tried this on the Berry flavor to see if we could notice any differences between the two methods (bloom vs no bloom).
Then mix on low heat. I also read that higher temperatures break down the gelatin.
This go around, we also skipped the dusting of the molds with corn starch. It felt like a tedious and messy step. Instead we just kept the molds in the refrigerator for at least an hour. We filled each set of molds with a flavor. The molds are mini dinosaurs that each hold approx 1.25ml of liquid.
We also had a mold (bears) that were larger, at 3.25ml so we pour both flavors into each bear. I really like the way they turned out. We let them sit out for the rest of the day to dry out (become less sticky). Then we might add some sour patch -- especially the watermelon flavor.

The dosing came out to approx 2.5 mg per mini dino, and approx 6.3 mg for the bears. :snowboating:
Oh yeah, we didn't really notice any difference between the "bloomed" gelatin and the batch that didn't bloom the gelatin first. They are a bit sticky, but came out of the molds easy enough. They certainly look nicer without the corn starch everywhere.

How many can you eat before you have to stop? Lol
Well, I can eat too many before I know I should stop. :laugh: But seriouly, probably 3 or 4 will be a good number for me - I'm a lightweight.

My gummies has about 2 mg each in them. 2 would give me a nice steady uplifted feeling without ever feeling too strong. Enjoyable for social interaction at the low dose for sure. My first experience with edibles I ate 50mg.....f’d my world up! Lol. I try to be on the cautious side with them now. Lol

With my metabolism, I usually don't feel anything until 90 min or longer. :morenutes:

Not sure if that's good or bad, do you eat a lot of gummies?
To be honest, I don't eat a lot of edibles mostly for that reason. I prefer the immediate response of smoking a bowl.:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom