BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Outdoor Grow 2019: White Widow, Northern Lights & CBD Lemon Potion

I like to eat a brownie and then smoke a bowl, the brownie just continues the high and picks up right about the time the smoke is starting to fade. It's a nice combo, eat brownie, smoke bowl, brush teeth, & enjoy!

My first experience with edibles I ate 50mg.....f’d my world up! Lol. I try to be on the cautious side with them now. Lol

I feel like many people have a story like this when eating edibles (myself included). That's a story I'll never forget hahah.

Same here, I can always eat more later but once you eat something there’s no going back!

No going back indeed, you're in for the ride.

I like to eat a brownie and then smoke a bowl, the brownie just continues the high and picks up right about the time the smoke is starting to fade. It's a nice combo, eat brownie, smoke bowl, brush teeth, & enjoy!

I do this aswell, it works great! I find already being high when the edible starts to kick in really eases the initial ooga booga feeling I get. Hah

Up to 2 hours is normal for an edible. It is absorbed mostly in the small intestine so takes a while to get there. Gummies can seem quicker cause there’s lots of absorption through the mouth while chewing.
Edibles can be stronger because THC changes shape slightly when metabolised, to a more potent form of THC. I like the eat and toke approach. I think about 5mg is my limit w edibles... they can hit hard eh! :D

I love me some edibles. I have to take it easy on edibles because it raises my tolerance even more than it is and smoking almost becomes ineffective.
I guess how concentrates can ruin flower for you.

I’m currently taking a break from smoking (2 days so far) and only taking olive oil capsules and edibles that are all made from rosin. I’m very happy at the moment, but I’ve been in a fog for a few minutes. I like fog. Fog is my friend...

Up to 2 hours is normal for an edible. It is absorbed mostly in the small intestine so takes a while to get there. Gummies can seem quicker cause there’s lots of absorption through the mouth while chewing.
Edibles can be stronger because THC changes shape slightly when metabolised, to a more potent form of THC. I like the eat and toke approach. I think about 5mg is my limit w edibles... they can hit hard eh! :D
Would you happen to know If I were to suck on the gummy instead of chewing and swallowing it, I would feel the effects quicker? I enjoy taking 5 to 6mg myself, relaxing and manageable.

Would you happen to know If I were to suck on the gummy instead of chewing and swallowing it, I would feel the effects quicker? I enjoy taking 5 to 6mg myself, relaxing and manageable.
Gummies break down pretty quickly with saliva. I would imagine if you held that in your mouth you get some sublingual absorption. That usually kicks in in about 15 minutes for me.
Edit: that’s when I chew a piece of a cob. I chew it, keep it under my tongue for about 10 min. The sublingual kicks in quicker and then the high from swallowing it kicks it up a notch in about 45 min. I would think a gummy could be done the same way.

would imagine if you held that in your mouth you get some sublingual absorption. That usually kicks in in about 15 minutes for me.
The sublingual kicks in quicker and then the high from swallowing it kicks it up a notch in about 45 min. I would think a gummy could be done the same way.
^^^ :thumb:

I haven’t tried gummies. I put oil under my tongue, use my tongue to spread some of it to the inside of my cheeks (apparently buccal absorption is quite efficient). Then wait as long as possible b4 swallowing. I expect chewing slowly on or holding a gummy in you mouth for longer would work the same. Not sure the sugar sitting there all that time would be good tho :hmmmm:

Hmmm, now im thinking my brownies are too strong, i use 2/3 cup canacoco oil. I use one oz to one cup for oil recipe.

I have no clue how strong my oil is but one brownie keeps me high for 3-4 hours easy. My brownies dont play...

I would imagine if you held that in your mouth you get some sublingual absorption. That usually kicks in in about 15 minutes for me.
I expect chewing slowly on or holding a gummy in you mouth for longer would work the same.
Sounds like an experiment. For Science! :idea:
Hmmm, now im thinking my brownies are too strong, i use 2/3 cup canacoco oil. I use one oz to one cup for oil recipe.
I have no clue how strong my oil is but one brownie keeps me high for 3-4 hours easy. My brownies dont play...
Just for fun, I did a quick calculation for you: If your starting weed is 20% THC, then 8 oz coco oil to 28 gr flower should yield approx 545 mg/oz of THC. Then if you use 2/3 of a cup (5.3 oz) in your brownie mix, you will get approx 2900 mg THC in that batch. I usually cut my brownie pan into 4X4 so 16 servings. That would result in 180mg THC per brownie - Yikes!! :eek:
I’d hit it...
I'm not sure I'd hit that... :nervous-guy::laugh:

I sometimes make tinctures & they are faster acting, w/sublingual absorption and don't last quite as long as digested edibles. I'm pretty leery of the latter after several too-much experiences, which were the opposite of fun.

Sounds like an experiment. For Science! :idea:

You in Cali, I can get you a couple...

Just for fun, I did a quick calculation for you: If your starting weed is 20% THC, then 8 oz coco oil to 28 gr flower should yield approx 545 mg/oz of THC. Then if you use 2/3 of a cup (5.3 oz) in your brownie mix, you will get approx 2900 mg THC in that batch. I usually cut my brownie pan into 4X4 so 16 servings. That would result in 180mg THC per brownie -

I'm with you right up until I double the recipe and I double the pan size then I end up with 18 brownies. Minus the one I eat, baking and wrapping fee, who cares if it's all for me (rapping)! :laugh:

My brownies are pretty consistent from batch to batch and the weed I use for oil doesn't seem to matter that much. Well so far... That's where our chat about sativa comes in. Smoke a bowl of Sativa eat a Sativa Brownie, you know the rest.

I run my decarbed herb through twice. 7g through 1/4 cup oil and then the strained mash is ran through about another 1/4 cup. I don’t know if I’m onto something or not either this process but not only does it peak in about an hour for me, it lasts at least 7-8 hours. I gotta be careful what I’ve got going on the rest of the day know what I mean?
I'm not sure I'd hit that... :nervous-guy::laugh:
If you’re not gonna eat yours... umm

I run my decarbed herb through twice. 7g through 1/4 cup oil and then the strained mash is ran through about another 1/4 cup. I don’t know if I’m onto something or not either this process but not only does it peak in about an hour for me, it lasts at least 7-8 hours. I gotta be careful what I’ve got going on the rest of the day know what I mean?

Do you press the mash afterward?

You in Cali, I can get you a couple...
Road trip! :ganjamon:
I'm with you right up until I double the recipe and I double the pan size then I end up with 18 brownies.
Those must be huge brownie servings! Remember what happened to @Kingjoe83 when he ate too much in one sitting? I'm afraid that's what would happen to me if I ate one of your brownies. :laugh:
Do you mix the two runs together, or keep them for separate projects? I'm thinking that if you combine the two runs, you are essentially diluting your first run, but that might be a good thing since it's hitting you fast and long. o_O

I sometimes make tinctures & they are faster acting, w/sublingual absorption and don't last quite as long as digested edibles.
Agreed. I made an oil with weed that was decarbed twice (the thought was to make it more sedative). I take it when having trouble falling asleep. I just keep it under my tongue as long as possible. Takes about 20-30 minutes to feel. Seems to work pretty well for me.

Back
Top Bottom