BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Outdoor Grow 2019: White Widow, Northern Lights & CBD Lemon Potion

About a month ago, I mentioned that I was going to try to make infused oil with the roots of my Lemon Potion:
The root ball was substantially smaller than I was expecting, but I still want to experiment with it. In the case that it might contain good amounts of CBDa, I'm thinking that I will chop it up and simmer it in oil for a good long time and see if I can get a decent infusion.
I've delayed posting an update because I hadn't been able to test if it worked. Still not sure, but I think it does work. Here's a review and update:
I saved the small rootball from my CBD Lemon Potion Auto
I chopped it up as fine as I could -- this is some VERY tough and dense material.

I then decarbed it for 2 cycles in my Ardent unit. Just a guess at the time. Maybe 3 or 4 cycles would have been better, but still need to figure that out.
Then I weighed it (3.94 grams) and added it to 2 ounces of grapeseed oil.
Then ran it through my Ardent unit again for the infusion. I ran it for 3 cycles with several hours between cycles. Again, just a guess, but I had to start somewhere.

After the infusion I strained it and bottled it into some small roll-on dispensers. It had very little aroma - mostly just of grapeseed oil. Into one of the bottles, I added a couple drops of eucalyptus essential oil.

So now for the past few weeks I've been trying to test it out on my occasional aches and pains. Fortunately (but unfortunately for the testing) I haven't really had any issues during this time so I've been hesitant to post anything about it. The few times I have tried it, I do believe I got pain relief. Thumb was sore - maybe a little arthritis kicking in. It helped that. My lower back/hip has been chronically sore lately and have added it to that area. Again, I'm pretty sure it's working. Just hard to tell if the oil is doing the work or just the fact that I'm massaging it in is helping, but it sure feels better.

One of these days, I just might drive up to Berkeley or San Francisco to drop off a sample for testing - there's a couple labs there. The one in SF is where Shed sent his sample for testing - only about an hour drive for me.

I'll try to keep everyone updated as I learn more. I've got two more harvested plants that probably have larger root balls that I can work with. :nerd-with-glasses:

@CBDNeil posted a thread where he tested the roots of a low-CBD plant and got a high CBD result.

We were all hoping he would repeat the test with another plant but he hasn't been here since January.

Did you keep any out before you added the eucalyptus oil? That might be a better sample to test. Either way, I'm curious!
I only put the essential oil in one of the bottles. I still have 3 bottles that I can use for sampling.
@CBDNeil posted a thread where he tested the roots of a low-CBD plant and got a high CBD result.
Yes, indeed. That thread is where I got the idea to try it out myself.

I made some topical from trim per Shed's advice. It works great, I'm not afraid to use a few eyedroppers full on my knee when it's buggin. Stuff works great!!!! Never tried the roots but I am growing a Candida and will try some topical from that whenever I get her to harvest.

Never tried the roots but I am growing a Candida and will try some topical from that whenever I get her to harvest.
That brings up another question I have: If this root oil really does work, is it because I used a CBD strain (Lemon Potion) or would a THC strain have the same potency?

That's how I was able to test my first batch of THC balm. Had a bug bite and the itching stopped immediately with the first application.

However, I don't think I'll sit outside this evening in my underwear in hopes I get another bug bite. ;)

Thanks HH & Shed! One of these days I'm gonna get a real camera... and still loose to Cola Monster. LOL.

My salve has just plant parts (leaves/stems/roots) and no buds, and nothing is decarbed (so everything is in acid form i.e. THCa) and it works exceedingly well on bites!
Wouldn't you expect that after 4 days in the crockpot there would be some decarboxylation going on?

Back
Top Bottom