BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Outdoor Grow 2019: White Widow, Northern Lights & CBD Lemon Potion

Thanks mate, ended up buying a few.
Already have a journal going, have been cloning incredible bulk for a few grows now.

Any benefit to autos? Always cloned my plants but have read you can’t with autos.

Anyway ended up buying seeds through GYO seedbank

Got myself some decent strains, love growing incredible bulk but time to get a few different strains going

I like Auto's they are somewhat on a schedule so you'll need to keep up with their needs. I found a schedule that I use for weekly mixes. Works well for me, I've varied and I always return to the original recipe... Nope no cloning Auto's but you can top and or quadline if you want too.

What seeds did you get?

Today is "chop day" for my LSD-25 auto from Fast Buds Seeds. Breeder estimates 8 week cycle time, this one is at 10.5 weeks. Here's some "before harvest" pics.

Yo Yo Yo, it's xmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frosty Daze Beez!!!!!! Congrats on the Harvest and the pics look great!!!!!

I chopped the Purps today, but she ain't got color like your little one there!!!!

:thumb:

Trimming went pretty well today - about 2.5 hrs for @Liquidintel and I. Here's some pics of the harvest:

What a beautiful bowl-full of purple goodness. Taste tested yet?
We were mesmerized while looking at that pile of buds. The colors were so bright and when placed in the sunlight, the buds sparkled. :nerd-with-glasses: Haven't tried anything yet, but looking forward to it in a week or two. :drool:

My garage has been so warm this summer, even with the AC rollin, the larger buds have been drying in 3 days. My bebo harvest went into jars on the 18th and are all pretty much in the cure zone giver take... What's your dry time? You chopped all those colas down to buds already?

My dry time is usually about 6 days. I have no environmental controls in my shed so I'm at the mercy of the weather - usually it ranges 65 - 85F and 40 - 70% RH. We actually leave some stems on the larger buds but keep them short. Instead of hanging most of them, we use a large herb drying basket. It seems to work really well for us and makes the process easier.

I saw that basket, I was wondering when you did the final trim from stems and stuff. I've been hang drying and trimming from the stems when I jar. I know it keeps some of the buds a bit wetter but I usually just leave the jars open over night and they drop right into the 62'zone within a couple days. Also helps with not having the other buds too dried out and rehydrating. I don't separate my buds, when it's time for concentrates I just grab a jar and go!

I was wondering when you did the final trim from stems and stuff.
After the initial drying period, I de-stem the remaining stuff and do a final manicure before going into the jars/turkey bags for cure.

I thought it was interesting that the caterpillars turn to the color of the bud they are eating.
Seems obvious now that you think about it! If a creature as complicated as flamingo can turn pink from eating pink things, why not something as basic as a caterpillar. They poop green as well (when they're green...)!
Today is "chop day" for my LSD-25 auto from Fast Buds Seeds.
Gorgeous plant! That purple is definitely worth the caterpillar experiment. :welldone:
herb drying basket
LOL! Duh :).

I like Auto's they are somewhat on a schedule so you'll need to keep up with their needs. I found a schedule that I use for weekly mixes. Works well for me, I've varied and I always return to the original recipe... Nope no cloning Auto's but you can top and or quadline if you want too.

What seeds did you get?

Northern Lights
White Widow
Critical Kush
Lemon Haze
Pinapple Chunk
Cream Caramel

All x3 seeds in female
I purchased the Cream Caramel from a aussie seed bank, has arrived and just planted into rockwool.
Will have to start a journal on the grow

A bit of a lengthy Update today so hang on. :cool:
So far this summer, we've harvested Lemon Potion Auto #1, Sour Diesel lab rat, and LSD-25 Auto. That leaves us with four remaining plants:

Lemon Potion Auto #2 (Barney's Farm):
I believe LPa2 will be ready for harvest in the next few days - maybe this weekend. It is currently at Day 78.

LPa1 was harvested at 89 days, but this one looks like it will be ready sooner than that. Not very many pistils on this plant (very similar to LPa1), but the sugar leaves are quite frosty.

Still some clear trichomes, but also quite a few amber.

Lab Rat #2 / Bagseed / Trainwreck:
Not sure what to call this one now, but it's finally showing signs of ripening.

The hairs are saying "almost", but the trichomes are saying "not yet".

Northern Lights (Dope Seeds):
A couple weeks ago we discussed when to mark the flowering day - pre-flower vs flower. After more consideration, I have decided to not count the pre-flower days so even though NL showed first pistils on July 4th, flowering really didn't start until July 18th.

Everything is going smoothly with this big girl - she requires very little attention.

White Widow (Dope Seeds):
Also with this one, she just does her thing requiring very little attention, but getting lots of it anyway. Had to get the ladder out in order to take some top view shots. :)

A couple weeks ago, I had a little mishap while adjusting the stakes. The trunk split just above my first topping site. Evidently I didn't leave enough of the stem above the topped node so I created a weak spot that had to be taped. It was a pretty large split and affects most of the plant, but so far she doesn't even seem to notice it happened. :yahoo:Unfortunately I read @Heavenly Hybrid's advice a little too late - but now I know for next season! :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom