BID 7.0 LED Test Featuring BudMaster II 675-XG - High Brix CocoGanics

Hey Bid, I was reading into your soil/coco oxygen injection idea and I found a really good PDF/study you may want to read. If ya PM me your email I'll forward it to ya. It goes over different studies done and techniques for adding oxygen to the soil and some of the things it was saying was in 1 experiment by oxygenating the soil a study saw a 46% increase in yield!! Definitely think you like this article/study.

On the topic, does anyone aerate their soil? I remember on my very first grow doing this every few weeks with a wooden chopstick and my 1st grow turned out really good :) I was curious if anyone else does this? I know its used quite frequently in lawns and parks to help the grass. Tonight I said, screw it, im going to do it, and I used my soil ph probe and pushed it into my soil a bunch of times in each pot trying to spread out the hole by about 2"...Lets see what happens :)

Yea my question was because of Budmasters add, I know they are good lights bro, ive seen your results with them but making a claim that it is "The Best" panel on the market when they are not using Cree Diodes is false advertising imho, I have no idea who makes "The Best" panel out there but its pretty common knowledge these days that Cree diodes are the best.

Jon, the lights that you just got from the other company also don't use CREE. Just curious if you feel that CREE is still the best?

Hey Bid, I was reading into your soil/coco oxygen injection idea and I found a really good PDF/study you may want to read. If ya PM me your email I'll forward it to ya. It goes over different studies done and techniques for adding oxygen to the soil and some of the things it was saying was in 1 experiment by oxygenating the soil a study saw a 46% increase in yield!! Definitely think you like this article/study.

On the topic, does anyone aerate their soil? I remember on my very first grow doing this every few weeks with a wooden chopstick and my 1st grow turned out really good :) I was curious if anyone else does this? I know its used quite frequently in lawns and parks to help the grass. Tonight I said, screw it, im going to do it, and I used my soil ph probe and pushed it into my soil a bunch of times in each pot trying to spread out the hole by about 2"...Lets see what happens :)
thanks brodah! im gonna set it up soon, been building an aero cloner
Sub'd if you dont mind sir! :)
glad to have you and welcome aboard

k well im almost done with the new aerocloner i ordered some new misters the ones i put in dont shoot up enough so i got the red exclone 360 misters 50 + a drill bit for 11 duckets an the rainforrest
i was going to use my old tote but the new pump and manifold are to tall so i fould a taller tote and painted it green after 2 coats of primer and some sanding,i used a 396 gph pump and 1/2 inch pvc for the manifold, as it sits it sprays like crazy with the manifold off it shoots about 6 feet up! so it was a really fun build and went smooth everything was easy "murphy" must have had the day off cuz i found every tool i looked for right off and it was alll in the the perfect size, i used packing foam instead of neoprene,cheaper and i can cut a few hundred if i need em, the pics are pretty self explanitory, and the cost total was under 50, for a 16 site and theres plenty of room for more if i had more netpots, or i could just cut 2 1/4 inch discs and bypass the netpots

heres some pics of it as it sits today,
i will update in a day or 2 after i install the new sprayers
Pump9.jpg

aero_cloner1.jpg
aero_cloner2.jpg
aero_cloner3.JPG
aero_cloner4.JPG
aero_cloner5.JPG
aero_cloner7.JPG
aero_cloner8.JPG
aero_cloner9.JPG
aero_cloner13.JPG
aero_cloner10.JPG
aero_cloner12.JPG
aero_cloner11.JPG
aero_cloner14.JPG
aero_cloner15.JPG
aero_cloner17.JPG
aero_cloner16.JPG
aero_cloner19.JPG
aero_cloner18.JPG
aero_cloner20.JPG
aero_cloner21.JPG

the neat thing is to grow as an aero hydro all i have to do is take a spare lid and cut it to fit 1 or 2 of the 10 inch netpots i have or buy some 4-6 inch netpots so i could do a few smaller ones but i really like the idea of jusy 1 monster in a 10 incher oh and heres the kicker i measured nothing not once lol i just bought a bunch of 1/2 inch pvc parts and crossed my fingers i ran it for an hour last night and saw no leaks woohoo!! its like manifest destiny of project building it was like the universe/ganja gods wanted me to have this cloner!lol "if you build it they will root!" :rofl:
well next up is my ebb and flow for organic hydro!!

I love the warning sticker!!!

No little children bathing in your cloner!!!

Or better yet!!!

Do not clone children in here, they do not grow roots!!! LOL

I'm going to be late to my own funeral! It took me this long to finally see you in action BID. I knew from the first post I was subbed here; It looked like a Cannabis 420 Disco Tech! Congrats on your win...

Hey BID - I'm along for the ride here.

Are you using, or did you Doc Buds High Brix program? Are you using that now? Just curious.
No kit, I can't get promix locally,and I decided to just knuckle down and go the long way and make hi brix work in Coco (my fav medium) I have gotten very close to what I want, and I'm getting good to great number , and more the type of person to create a system of my own than follow one, I don't mind the challenge, I'm the same way in most areas like seeds,rather breed my own than use someone elses work , I'm a mad scientist! Lol
I love the warning sticker!!!

No little children bathing in your cloner!!!

Or better yet!!!

Do not clone children in here, they do not grow roots!!! LOL
Lol I got a kid I'm pretty sure would grow roots in the couch if I didn't turn off the TV!
I'm going to be late to my own funeral! It took me this long to finally see you in action BID. I knew from the first post I was subbed here; It looked like a Cannabis 420 Disco Tech! Congrats on your win...
Thanks man welcome aboard! ,
Sup BID,Good job man.Are those sprayer's adjustable?:bravo:
Yeah you can control the flow but I have to change the red ones they don't spray up enough
Very smart!
I'm curious about the result :Namaste:
thanks I am too,I have high hopes!

i was going to use my old tote but the new pump and manifold are to tall so i fould a taller tote

i ran it for an hour last night and saw no leaks woohoo!!

Great looking aero tote. I'm rebuilding my cloner after this batch. I put too many sites in it, and I've decided I like to take huge clones, so I need to break it out into 3 or 4. I kind of like leaving them in there for an extra week or so after roots start showing. I wait until the slowest clones have at least a couple inches of roots. I'm also getting a deeper/taller tote this time. The shorty works fine for rooting, but once it shift to a DWC type device, the low one doesn't hold enough water. They use it too fast.

No leaks huh? Can you take a pic of the bottom of the lid that shows the edges? Specifically I'd like to see the area around those locking handles. I think your lid is similar to the tote I'm using, but I did have to glue in a curtain. Mine didn't leak right away. I think it took well over 1 hour. Mine is a RubberMaid tote. I think it's a Roughneck line. It's one of the clear bottoms, with a blue lid though. Yours looks like it might be a Sterlite. I was not able to make their lids not leak at all. :blalol:

One last thought/tip... I've real good results using the "Fusion" spray paint. I think it's a Krylon product, but I get it at wallyworld. Comes in matte black and I was able to get great coverage on the clear totes with 2 coats. No priming or sanding! :)

I built the ebb and flow system last night super simple but I think it will do organic hydro really well , and if not I have plenty of synth nutes post some pics soon

You know what they say on the interwebs... "pics or it didn't happen!" :rofl:

No pressure, but it's an aweful big coincidence that I'm buying supplies to setup a flood & drain tray on Saturday. We have to go down to Spokane for some other reasons, so I always hit my hydro store when I'm there. Building out my veg area this round. I'd really appreciate it if you could post some pics before Friday. I've got a design in mind, but I love seeing other folks' ideas. Especially fellow mad scientist types! :winkyface: :morenutes:

the test phase is yet to happen,after i change the red sprayers it may leak like a sieve we will see i know the roughnecks dont leak and my first one was a roughy but its not gonna work with the new pump and manifold,the manifold touches the lid lol, and i was thinking i might want to go to harvest at some point so i got the 30 gal sterilite and i have a spare lid to make into a big netpot lid,, im editing pics to post today, of the ebb n flo i used killz to prime then appliance epoxy then green, i dont care if mine leaks a little i have a giant short tote to put it in that i will use as a bottom in the veg/clone tent,,so runoff can be sucked up by clones in smartpots, i try to make things as easy as possible due to my mobility issues, i really wish i could set my tents up on tables having everything on the floor is hard on my herniated discs, but my ceiling is low and a 7ft tent just fits

Hope you are going to have better luck with the cloner than I've been having. Well I just wasn't paying close enough attention to the PH I think. Cloner looks 100% functional. Hey Watch out when you use then organics n hydro. They can cause a lot of slime clogging up the works. I've been playing with a Earth Juice product and it's some nasty stuff only fitting to use in top watering soils. I guess one could strain it before using it. Earth Juice also has a HighBrix product too. Molasses helps. Well GL BID Rep's for the cloner, I made this one acouple years back,
Cloner12.JPG

and;
Roots58.JPG

GL and Keepem Green

Hey BID looking bloody busy as always lol. Loving you and your own path bit, Im the same, mad scientist all the way! Really watching this for your coco knowledge combined with your take on enriched mediums.
I would be most honoured if you could drop by and check my Fluxing thread out. I think someone of your stature could do incredible things with the style.
As I said before good to be here early on!

Hope you are going to have better luck with the cloner than I've been having. Well I just wasn't paying close enough attention to the PH I think. Cloner looks 100% functional. Hey Watch out when you use then organics n hydro. They can cause a lot of slime clogging up the works. I've been playing with a Earth Juice product and it's some nasty stuff only fitting to use in top watering soils. I guess one could strain it before using it. Earth Juice also has a HighBrix product too. Molasses helps. Well GL BID Rep's for the cloner, I made this one acouple years back,
Cloner12.JPG

and;
Roots58.JPG

GL and Keepem Green
this is my second aero cloner i did the first in a 10 gal you can see they top of it in the the first couple pics its the blue one, i had good luck with it, it just needed refinement and to be bigger, as for the organic hydro my plan is to use the sns and the dogget simpson stuff maybe, but i have the best dang tea ever (t&j soil life & activator) the only tea that can be left to go anerobic and it wont grow bad pathogens and wont harm plants, and its good at keeping brewing nute from going bad i think it will be key in the system staying gunkless and i have an aquarium filter to clean the water if i need it, but the plan and products im gonna use should work well, if not i have synth nutes i can use to make a hybrid feeding soultion with the tea, but the stuff ive been reading and watching shows how you can have a "clean" organic hydro setup, where most go wrong is adding any kind of sugars, i will make it work somehow and at minimum have a "live" hydro system, its my new challenge for myself, the goal is to combine hydro and organics best of both worlds that works for me , ,i understand there are many ppl doing it successfully in large scale applications like aquaponic systems with koi,tilapia and other fish, so i may end up creating a small scale aquaponic system with gold fish lol, for now its just organic ebb & flo,
i have read that ph is not important in an aerocloner till after roots form,that the cuts uptake nothing thru the stem till roots develop,at which point you have to get it dialed in, and the more roots you have the more the plants help to buffer the ph ,not to clear how that works, but till roots its just about keeping them moist and oxygenated i will prolly take cuts tomorrow for a test run if the new misters show up like ups claims, lol that cloner looks like it works! i have a tote just like that i was considering using, but im thinking it will be my air injection pot now, thanks for stopping by always a pleasure wood!:high-five:
Hey BID looking bloody busy as always lol. Loving you and your own path bit, Im the same, mad scientist all the way! Really watching this for your coco knowledge combined with your take on enriched mediums.
I would be most honoured if you could drop by and check my Fluxing thread out. I think someone of your stature could do incredible things with the style.
As I said before good to be here early on!

well geeze you trying to make me fall over from the giant head your giving me? lol flattery will get you everywhere :thumb: i find highly mineralized coco to be awesome and full of untapped potential still, being still a relativly new medium with most ppl just using it for dtw passive hydro, i think it can do far more the pics im putting up are of plants in coco and fed not much more than t&j tea i mixed the coco for this run with twice as much minerals as i usually do and im pretty impressed with how they are doing, the oldest 2 are 42 days since the flip im also posting pics of the ebb n flo i still need to drill a hole for the pump cord and airline the pump has a attachment with a line to pull air into the flow
i will come visit in a bit
ok picture time first the ebb n flo then the 3 girls under the budmaster II 675
DSCF09672.JPG
DSCF09653.JPG
DSCF09643.JPG
DSCF09714.JPG
DSCF09704.JPG
DSCF09632.JPG
DSCF09695.JPG
i seem to have missed getting a pic of the top showing the bulkheads attatched oops do that one next time during the setting up the ebb photoshoot ok heres the girls, oh a note on the og kush that plant was flowered and harvested then revegged and now flowering a second time all in the same 3 gal smartpot,and i have no doubt it will yeild more this time
DSCF09745.JPG
DSCF09751.JPG
DSCF09765.JPG
DSCF09774.JPG
DSCF09784.JPG
DSCF09793.JPG
DSCF09805.JPG
DSCF09834.JPG
DSCF09853.JPG
DSCF09864.JPG
DSCF09872.JPG
DSCF09922.JPG
DSCF09932.JPG
DSCF09941.JPG
DSCF09953.JPG
DSCF09961.JPG
heres some shots of the candy cream i harvested last week kinda a freebie since it grew in the back of the greenhouse with no nutes added to old coco tha i had collected and was going to recycle and wash but decided to grow a few autos in, it never autoflowered bu grew all the way to the roof, its a cross of cream caramel auto and cheese candy auto, unless i got mixed up, in what i planted but it smells an aweful lot like cream caramel
DSCF0923.JPG
DSCF09241.JPG
DSCF0928.JPG
DSCF09301.JPG
DSCF09311.JPG
DSCF09322.JPG
DSCF09352.JPG
DSCF09342.JPG
DSCF09363.JPG
DSCF09372.JPG
DSCF09383.JPG
DSCF09392.JPG
DSCF09402.JPG
candy_cream.jpg
now to go post pics on the other journal

Wow BID!!! actually holy freaking $%$#%$!!! LOL Those bud shots are freaking incredible looking, healthy shiny leaves, trichomes every were, looks like its going to be a very successful grow with this budmaster and the bidmaster combo!!! I swear I am going to have to pick up that T and J tea! After seeing your photo's of the sour D, I can definitely see the growth traits in my Ogiesel of the Sour D, very leafy nugs but covered in trichomes!! Amazing update as always BID! 2 green thumbs up!

Wow BID!!! actually holy freaking $%$#%$!!! LOL Those bud shots are freaking incredible looking, healthy shiny leaves, trichomes every were, looks like its going to be a very successful grow with this budmaster and the bidmaster combo!!! I swear I am going to have to pick up that T and J tea! After seeing your photo's of the sour D, I can definitely see the growth traits in my Ogiesel of the Sour D, very leafy nugs but covered in trichomes!! Amazing update as always BID! 2 green thumbs up!

Lol that was great! Thanks brother, yeah they are looking exceptional hitting 17brix on the sd2 15 on the og , I think I got the mix of minerals spot on this time,and the light is nothing short of amazing and impressive, the tea and the occasional ergs boost and the foliars amaze/PGR & bloomit is all I have used no where near as much stuff as the last run in soil ,seemed they needed so much more to be happy, and didn't develop nearly as fast, I just think Coco is my home medium I love trying new things as I'm starting into right now, but I get the feeling I'm always gonna come back to Coco, even if this new stuff works awesome it would take something utterly spectacular and easy as pie to sway me ,lol yeah the tea is the key to it,it's very strong and needs to be diluted alot ,1 gallon of brewed tea makes several 5 gallon buckets full you only use a little over a cup per 5 gal,and you keep the rest of the gal in the frig and it's cheap you really should try it!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom