Blue Angel 2019

She was a huge help with trimming and jarring the buds.
You're a lucky man,BL-if Mrs.C ever offered to help,you could literally knock me over with
a feather!
Beautiful harvest on that DA-those nugs look yummy-and there's a lot of them!:welldone:

Smoke Report:
Dark Angel
What a trip it’s been with this Dark Angel. No, I’m serious! It’s been a blast.

She was a Dark Angel purchased from Crop King seeds. A small pawn shop in my town sells every seed they have on the market, so it was super convenient.

This is what I found off the internet for info on it.

Growing: Easy
Flowering Time: 8 Weeks
Indica/Sativa: 50% Indica / Sativa
Effect: Full Body Stone
THC: Medium THC (15-20%)
CBD: 1.10%
CBN: 0.30%
Yield: Up to 550gr indoor/350gr out
Genetics: Cheese X Jack Herer

Although, I think I chopped her down exactly 1 week early.

She was grown in de-hydrated coco, in a cube form. Broke it up into smaller chunks. Re-hydrated it with (I’m going to be honest) plain tap water. I then mixed in perlite about 60/40. Germinated by 24 hours in water, then into a paper towel in a sandwich baggy for 24+ hours.

Started in a jiffy peat pellet. From there a small container (similar to the one the new plants are in but smaller). Then into a 5 gallon cloth pot, and there she fulfilled the rest of her life in.

Bam! Fast forward, she’s done! :woohoo:

What an amazing aroma she puts off as a living flowering plant. She smells similar as a finished plant, but intensified. I gave a jar to the wife of the blue Cookie to smell last night. She said “ohh yeah that smells nice”. I opened the DA after that, as I was about 6 foot away from her she could smell it and she said “ohh woo!! That smells great!” Very potent smelling bud. Almost a (what the wife said) a black liquorice smell. I don’t fully think that, but I can’t put my finger on what it smells like, maybe a strong marijuana/cappuccino smell. Very appealing!:drool:

The weight, out of the two jars I got a whopping 71.06 grams, so just over 2.5 oz.

I will most definitely grow this plant again. Oh wait, I’m already growing it again, two of them :laughtwo:

Stuck the joint in the freezer after rolling it. I’m about to fire it up!

I’ll post the pictures and then I will report on how she smokes.

Wow, okay, first impression, it has an amazing taste to it! Very delicious, with a tinge of a fruity flavour to it. The smell of the smoke was very potent as the joint burned, and has that fresh herb smell to it. Not like the fresh car smell, but that distinguished herb smelling smoke, that makes your brain say “ok I know that smell!” Just like when you smell the fresh car smell. :thumb: The smoke didn’t have a Rez’ey smell to it at all. Very impressed with it.

The high, well, it only took from then till now for me to feel the affects kick in. I don’t feel all that lazy at the moment, I feel like I could keep busy at something. I imagine in a lil while the indica traits will come out and I may find a movie, (hell I might even take my pants off, why not!) and become one with the couch. As we’re in a bit of a heat wave at the moment! (Finally, summers here! :surf:) I think it may be time to buy an air conditioner for the top floor of my house. The plants will enjoy that, and if it pleases us along the way then that’s just a bonus! :yahoo:

I apologize for my long reads of updates, but I will now proceed with an update on the girls.

Update:

Was a hot day in the capital of Alberta today. We’re going into a bit of a heat wave so that’ll be fun.

Damn I just busted out the roach of that Dark Angel, and wowwy, wowzers I am stoned! :cough:

Back to the update! Haha at work today, I pissed the electricians off at work today, at the safety meeting. :goof: Not my fault that there were a few sensitive employees and they can’t take a joke. It was fuc*in hilarious! :rofl:

After work today I removed the black material I have in the window and opened a window, put a fan in the window in hopes to help cool this place off.

I had a good visit with my plants after that. My daughter found an old piece of tape that was ripped off some of that black out cardboard stuff. She kept calling it a seat belt, and proceeded to try and put on her seatbelt:hmmmm: what ever it worked perfectly because it distracted her enough for me to hang out with the plants.

I found some chomp marks on the DA2, I then noticed a few small black flies flying around. So I put a yellow sticky trap in the bottom of each plant. I also clipped one up top just off the light edge. As long as it doesn’t get too warm, it’ll work fine.

Didn’t feed them, or anything just spent time with them, and got some photos. :popcorn:

I’ll end the night off with a couple pictures of a really nice Lambs ear out of the bunch in my garden. It had a spider on the pedal, it kind of stuck out to me.

have a great night everybody!

:passitleft:

P.s- I’m still really baked :ganjamon:

You're a lucky man,BL-if Mrs.C ever offered to help,you could literally knock me over with
a feather!
Beautiful harvest on that DA-those nugs look yummy-and there's a lot of them!:welldone:

Yeah sometimes I forget that! I am a very lucky man! Thanks for reminding me that! :high-five:

Thank you sir! It really means a lot! :thanks:

Yes the harvest, I’m absolutely floored at the finished product! Smells, tastes, has punch to her step, the full package! What more could a person ask for! :adore:

I just harvested my Blue Cookies, she was ready a little early. With trim, last grow I dried mine out and then made a tincture with Everclear 151 using the freezer method. Then let that evaporate some to increase potency. The tincture burns a bit under the tongue, but not too bad. Still trying to figure out how to make it a bit more potent. I think I'm going to order some bubble bags for this next round and try some hash.

Everything I've read recently also says not to put trim, or any flower for that matter, in the freezer as it will break the trichomes (in alcohol it's ok because it attaches).

Nice looking harvest!

Hey Jajunk - keep us up to speed with that - I'm very interested in all the methods of concentrate etc. - I mostly want to vape or use concentrates in some form....but I'm sure I'll smoke a bit just for the pure rush of it !!!
I am now officially jealous of all you guys bringing in a harvest !!!:adore::adore::adore:

Hey brother! :passitleft:
Nice smoke report on the Dark Angel! It sounds like just my kind of smoke!
it smells like, maybe a strong marijuana/cappuccino smell.
No ways. I consume a large amount of both daily, i’d love some bud with aromas from both! :rofl: Sounds amazing. I’ll have to see if I can get some Dark Angel beans in South Africa.
My daughter found an old piece of tape that was ripped off some of that black out cardboard stuff. She kept calling it a seat belt, and proceeded to try and put on her seatbelt:hmmmm: what ever it worked perfectly because it distracted her enough for me to hang out with the plants.
Brooo your daughter is a gem! :rofl::goof:
Your plants are looking healthy and happy!

Hey brother! :passitleft:
Nice smoke report on the Dark Angel! It sounds like just my kind of smoke!

Thank you so much brother irie!! :Namaste:

No ways. I consume a large amount of both daily, i’d love some bud with aromas from both! :rofl: Sounds amazing. I’ll have to see if I can get some Dark Angel beans in South Africa

Ya ways!:laugh:

I don’t drink cappuccino’s but, I consume a lot of coffee during the day. Fill my big coffee cup up and big thermos before I leave for work every morning. I need to drink more water :laughtwo:

Yeah do it! I’m interested to if your able to get them or not! :thumb:

Brooo your daughter is a gem! :rofl::goof:

:goof: Haha thanks bro! She’s a lil Tasmanian devil, I swear, unbelievable smart, won’t sit down for any longer then 20 seconds. Wired for sound from the minute she wakes up to the second she goes to bed.

She’s constantly has bruises all over her legs because she’s so rambunctious. Wait till she learns how to skate board, then it’s going to be hospital visits :laughtwo:

Yeah I could go on forever about her if you let me, she has my heart, and constantly reminds me why I promised her from day one that I went going to be some dead beat dad. I’m very involved in her life and I always have been. She loves me and I love her.

Blah blah blah, plants. marijuana. Looking great. Yes! :laughtwo: Hahaha I had to stop my self! Thanks again brother!:high-five:

I just harvested my Blue Cookies, she was ready a little early. With trim, last grow I dried mine out and then made a tincture with Everclear 151 using the freezer method. Then let that evaporate some to increase potency. The tincture burns a bit under the tongue, but not too bad. Still trying to figure out how to make it a bit more potent. I think I'm going to order some bubble bags for this next round and try some hash.

Everything I've read recently also says not to put trim, or any flower for that matter, in the freezer as it will break the trichomes (in alcohol it's ok because it attaches).

Nice looking harvest!

I’ll have to remember that! Thanks a lot man!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ohhh some hash sounds great!:goof:

Thanks again man! I’m overall pleased with the harvest. It was a fun ride, regardless of if I had to move the entire grow to a different house in the middle of the grow!:yahoo:

You can't go wrong with Cheese and Jack bro. Sounds incredible. Hope you enjoy:passitleft:

Thanks brother sparkey!! Yeah she’s got some great genetics! Definitely proved her self!!

Oh I definitely will! I’m going to let her cure for another week or so and then I’ll really start indulging in it!:yahoo:

Hey Jajunk - keep us up to speed with that - I'm very interested in all the methods of concentrate etc. - I mostly want to vape or use concentrates in some form....but I'm sure I'll smoke a bit just for the pure rush of it !!!
I am now officially jealous of all you guys bringing in a harvest !!!:adore::adore::adore:

Lol thanks greenjeans! Don’t worry I’ll be jealous when yours are finished, because by then mine will probably be all gone and smoked haha :goof:

Hey Slider....

I hadn't been by to see your journal for a while. Lots of good stuff going on! Sorry that you had to harvest your girls a bit early, but understandable under the circumstances. Hopefully this next grow goes nice and smooth, despite the heat. Make that energetic daughter of yours another waffle to keep her busy!

Good day.

You and Jim have been busy since my last visit!
Great harvest on the DA !...And the "new girls" couldn't be happier!
I hope this BC is a little more "user friendly" than her sister was-she looks great right now...

Hey Slider....

I hadn't been by to see your journal for a while. Lots of good stuff going on! Sorry that you had to harvest your girls a bit early, but understandable under the circumstances. Hopefully this next grow goes nice and smooth, despite the heat. Make that energetic daughter of yours another waffle to keep her busy!

Good day.

Ecstatic to have you back!

Yeah it was an interesting grow. I’m interested to how they turn out grown in 100% worm castings and perlite. Maybe there won’t be any difference who knows, time will tell! :thumb::yahoo:

Yeah my daughter is a blast! Always full of fun and laughter! She’s even better, when she’s eating quietly. :goof:

Don’t get too many of those quiet moments, I’ll take them I can.

Please, stop by anytime! Happy your here! :thanks::high-five:

You and Jim have been busy since my last visit!
Great harvest on the DA !...And the "new girls" couldn't be happier!
I hope this BC is a little more "user friendly" than her sister was-she looks great right now...

:laughtwo: Things sure popped off after you left!! Glad to see you came back!

Thank you sir! :slide: It’s great to have some great quality home grown again! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I hope so to for the new Bc. All I can do is give it love and care! Keeping the last grow out of my mind and washing away all of my resentment towards her:laughtwo:

Maybe she’ll win me over yet with this grow!:ciao:

I was in peavey mart today after work buying some more worm castings for when I want to transplant. I was looking at their selection of nutrients and they had some different nutes. I was thinking of buying one or maybe both of them. Just gotta figure out what would be better or best just to get both. Once I get caught up with all of my notifications I'm going to go look into what they were again. As I forgot already haha

I’ll maybe make an update later seeing what would be my best option :yahoo:

Glad to see you came back!
It's good to be back! Things are finally back to close-to-normal around here,so my time is mine again,at least for awhile...

Update:

No pictures in tonight’s update, but I just want to start off tonight with, yesterday when I got home from work it was a hot one so my top floor of my house was a disgusting hot mess. The hygrometer said 31.8

I then opened my window all the way and put a fan in the window again, an hour later or how ever long it was later I come back and it said 24.6 so that made me really happy. :yahoo:

I lit a doobie with dark Angel (my second joint or DA) at the beginning of this journal and now I’m really stoned! Wowzers, what was I saying?:hmmmm:

Ahh yes!:idea: Now I remember. I dropped in at my local peavey mart today after work, to buy a couple more 4L bags of worm castings. I found new bottles of nutrients from the same brand of nutrients I use. They must have re stocked their shelves!:thumb:

That must just be calmag, which I already have. So I probably won’t be getting this one until it’s out.

I’m thinking about getting this carbo blast, what’s your opinions on adding this to my feeding schedule?

They also have

I think this might be good for after I transplant but other then that would I really need this stuff? I’m not sure what the ingredients are but that should be easy to lookup.

There we go boom, just got back from looking it up and this is what i found about carbo blast when googled.

Plants produce the sugars they rely upon for food by a process called photosynthesis. They utilize light, water, carbon dioxide and fertilizer to produce sugars which are used for energy.
These carbohydrates are, alongside oxygen, one of the end products of photosynthesis. Carbo Blast is an additive which supplies extra carbohydrates to plants. Feeding additional carbohydrates to the plant means that it does not have to rely so heavily on its own resources and can more easily direct energy to the manufacture of essential oils, resins and fragrances.
Plants can outgrow their energy sources, which causes growth to slow down, sometimes bringing it to a complete standstill. Carbo Blast is designed as an energy boost during flowering to load up plants with carbs to stop them from stalling.
Carbohydrates can also help to speed up the plant's metabolism and therefore have a positive effect on yields.
Key Carbo Blast Features:

• 100% soluble in solution
  • The carbohydrates contained in Carbo Blast are identical to the sugars a plant produces.
  • Carbo Blast delivers instantaneous results giving plants the energy they need.
  • Can be used with any feeding and additive schedule.
  • The extra available energy source promotes increased oil and fragrance.
  • Carbo Blast delivers better results than just using fertilizer and weight gain boosters alone.
  • The additional carbohydrates in Carbo Blast can deliver enough energy to support larger and fuller fruit and flower production.
I think I will be getting this one, let’s see what they have to say about the other, I’ll be right back

:popcorn:

Super B+ is a plant vitamin supplement, utilizing vitamin B1 (thiamine) which has been shown by research to have many positive effects on plant growth from assisting rooting, growing, flowering and fruiting, to keep plants stress free.
As well as encouraging healthy, vigorous growth, B vitamins are also shown to significantly increase crop yields if used all the way through growth in conjunction with a good food and additive schedule.
With Super B+, imagine an athlete on a strict diet and exercise program to ensure they perform at the highest level, using vitamins as a food supplement to keep diseases, colds and flu at bay. Using Super B+ gives plants a better chance of success!
Key Features:

• Effective Super B+ extra strength vitamin formula
  • Economical dilution at 2ml per 1L (1ml per 1L for transplants) Super B+ is a 2-in-1 additive product
  • Can be used on all grow media, hydro system and any method through all stages of plant growth
  • Insurance against environmental stressors which are common when growing indoors
  • Use as foliar application or as nutrient additive
  • 3 Minimal effect on EC and pH levels
  • Encourages larger crop yields
  • Increases general crop health and germination rates

I think I may get that one as well, :thumb:

The internet is wonderful!

Have a great night everyone!

It's good to be back! Things are finally back to close-to-normal around here,so my time is mine again,at least for awhile...

You enjoy carcass time!! You never know when that fun, loving grand daughter will be back talking your ear off again! (Hopefully not for good, but visits are always nice) :cheesygrinsmiley:

Update:

The plants had a really good dry cycle, was nice and light so I figured it was the night for another feeding. :morenutes:

First of all, I just want to say that my best friend I’ve known since grade 3 and his wife had their baby girl today! So congratulations to them!!!:cheer:

When Their previous daughter was born, they had asked me if wanted to be a god parent to her, so I graciously accepted! Haha I’m the, god father! :cool: I love saying that :laughtwo:

Ok back to the plants,

It was a hot day today, there for my grow room was in the high 20’s, (Celsius) seemed to be getting hotter the longer I was in the room so I put the fan in the window and will check on it again later. It’s just starting to cool down, so that’s good!:yahoo:

I was blown away at the smell of these girls when I went in there today. The growth knocked my socks off! It almost looked like they flipped to flower, but they are not autos, and if anything if they were exposed to more light, then that shouldn’t turn them to a 12/12 light schedule magically :hmmmm: I’ll have to look at the light timer tonight, but even with a power outage it doesn’t reset it’s self. I’ll take a look. I need to pull my tent/box out for that.

My common sense is telling me to sit back down. :nomo: Nothing to be worried about!

So I split one gallon of water with a dose of early veg nutrients mixed in, between the three of them. Lots of run off, and all three had some good weight back to all three of them! :morenutes:

I also sinched up those strings keeping that canopy nice and low.

Unfortunately with the close ups I forgot to do it with the DA1 and DA2 before the close ups. The BC I tightened them before the close ups.

That’s all for tonight, before I close out though, I just want to say another bit about my life. This is the exact night my brother past away 9 years ago. I miss him everyday. I wish I could phone him tonight instead of remembering the last time I saw him. :(

Anyways, sorry to bring the mood down.

I’m going to grab another drumstick (ice cream cone)and hang out on the couch for a bit. Maybe even have a pre nap before I go to bed.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom