Blue Angel 2019

Hey brother, plants are looking great and they've all been opened up really well.
:woohoo: yay for your birthday month, what's the date? :theband:

The girls are looking good,BL-they're going to be ready for "the big house" real soon here!
I think that "view from the toilet" might just be a first for a grow journal...:cool:

:rofl: You crack me up carcass!

Thank you sir! Their growth is right on track! I’m excited to transplant these girls, and put them in the tent. I got off work early today and had some time to work on the tent before I picked up my daughter. A lil me time is always nice, don’t get much of it but it sure is nice lol! I will probably have an update later tonight or tomorrow.:thanks:

Man, nice buds,and isn't the alone time with the girl are the best ,beautiful looking grow and great idea with the clips.

Thank you sir! Very nice to have you stop by! Stop in any time!! :thanks:

Everything looks great!!! I am looking forward to giving this method a go. Everything I'm doing now seems to be chasing problems and previous mistakes.

Thanks greenjeans!! Good to hear from you!!:ciao:

I look forward to seeing your techniques be put to work!! :high-five:

Yeah chasing problems can get frustrating! I hope it turns around for you sir!!

:thanks:

Great looking setup Backlipslide. Can't wait to see it going in flower. You always put off some great looking flowers my friend :thumb:

Thanks brother sparkey! It’s coming along! Not at the speed I would like it to, but this is just the way my life is now a days haha :laughtwo:

Very nice of you to say bro! I’m very excited to see if the panda film vs. Space blanket will make a difference or not. I already love it and wish I did it earlier but, I’m excited to see a difference if there’s going to be one or not :high-five: stay tuned I’ll have an update here tonight, or early tomorrow.

Hey brother, plants are looking great and they've all been opened up really well.
:woohoo: yay for your birthday month, what's the date? :theband:

Thanks brother irie! Yeah their growing very nicely! I look forward to moving them to the big light.

My birthdays the 28th, makes me a Virgo :headbanger:

Thanks for stopping in brother! Always good to see you!

How the heck do you guys do this with kids and a job???!!!???? I'm barely keeping ahead and just when I thought I had a handle on things my 1939 tractor has developed a heart problem - no starter!!! I'll see if I can find the crank, but that didn't go well last time so....

How the heck do you guys do this with kids and a job???!!!???? I'm barely keeping ahead and just when I thought I had a handle on things my 1939 tractor has developed a heart problem - no starter!!! I'll see if I can find the crank, but that didn't go well last time so....

You know green jeans! I wonder the same thing sometimes! I’m exhausted after work and the daughter keeps me on my schedule of things I need to do after work, then once she goes to bed I have a small 1-2 hour window to do anything with the plants because I have to wake up at 4 for work. Needless to say, I’ve been dragging my ass out of bed every morning for the last couple months, wishing I could get just a couple more minutes of sleep. Go to work, do it all over again:eye-roll:

Being in my late 20’s and in shape always helps too, but I can’t get any closer to 30 without being 30 after this month.:reading420magazine:

Update:

Got off work early today, start my long weekend off right! Had a lil bit of me time before I had to pick up my daughter so I finished wrapping the tent, and I cut the main door in. I didn’t build the door yet but I have my piece cut I just need to trim the sides of it, tape it on and I was thinking of building another door in it. On the 2’ side of the tent. I may not, it was just a thought. Once that is done, I will need to cut my hole up top for my cords and crap to come through. Also cut a hole for my fan to sit in while the plants are vegging, and get my carbon filter setup and ready to use for when I plug it in once the ladies have been flipped.

I also put some two inch thick styrofoam insulation 2’ wide under my tent to bring it up off the carpet as well giving it a harder surface to sit the plants on. Should work great. :thumb:

:passitleft:

Ooh I love the box! It looks so cool!

I'm dying to use panda film too! I forsee amazing plants!

New DIY tent is looking awesome brother! :high-five:

That tent looks great,BL !
Are you going to cut a hole for that outlet in the back wall-might be
handy to have an outlet inside the tent....or not...

Happy Birthday Month!- the 28th also happens to be our 45th wedding anniversary...

Ooh I love the box! It looks so cool!

I'm dying to use panda film too! I forsee amazing plants!

Thanks bro!! Yeah it’s great stuff! Way sturdier of a material over space blankets. (Not sure if it’s true but I read it has) 99% reflectivity rate. Black on the outside which helps keep light from coming in, I should have done this earlier! Although it is a pain in the ass trying to figure out and somewhat “perfect” my grow space after I figured out the last one haha ohh well keeps me on my toes!

Lookin' good Back!!! :thumb:

Thank you sir!! It’s slowly coming together! (Back together) :laughtwo:

New DIY tent is looking awesome brother! :high-five:

Thanks brother irie!! I tell you, it sure would have been easier to just buy a tent and get it delivered to me, but I like to take pride in the things I have, and if I can build it, you bet your ass I’m going to try! Haha:laughtwo:

Oh you need a new seat for your car? Hell I can build that! Hahaha just playing, I know my limits! (Sometimes):goof:

That tent looks great,BL !
Are you going to cut a hole for that outlet in the back wall-might be
handy to have an outlet inside the tent....or not...

Happy Birthday Month!- the 28th also happens to be our 45th wedding anniversary...

Thank you sir! I’m glad it’s almost finished!

I thought about the Electrical outlet idea, but figured having it inside the tent might be a bad idea as the humidity gets so high in the tent, I’d rather eliminate all possibilities of starting a fire if I can lol.

That is very cool!! I will have to remember that and make sure I take the time to congratulate you and your wife come that day! :circle-of-love::thanks:

That's the way to do it, just test for light leaks around the door.

Thank you sir!! Means a lot! I’m glad I found you on Instagram, you have some great photos!

Yeah I was worried about the light leak problem. I will touch base on that on my next update, that I should be working on, after I hit send.:thanks:

Update:

Was a change of plans, I went upstairs to take another photo I forgot to get, and got carried away with thinking about the tent. I then ran to the store for a few things. First I had to get our jugs of water filled, then went to our local Canadian tire for a new extension cord (always nice to have a few extra) so I bought one 16’ and one 6’. I probably end up using both of those on the tent. I also bought a new fan for the tent, with a bigger tent, comes a bigger fan. The old ones are a 4” fan, this one is a 6”, I may have have the both in there. One on both sides of the tent, blowing at one another, and create a tornado in the middle!

I need to look back and see where I left off with the tent updates. Ahh yes! I built (tapped on) the door, trimmed all the ugly edges from it being folded for delivery. Like pennywise said, I’ve been worried about the light that is able to leak in once the plants are in there. So instead of having a small fan up in the top corner sucking air out of the tent. I went ahead and hooked up my carbon air filter. I also moved it and rigged it up to hang in my tent. Flipped the hoses around on the fan and bada-boom bada-bing! The carbon filter sits inside the tent. I just need to tape some panda film around the hole I cut to allow the hose to come through, blacking out that troubled area. Hooking that up right away, it should create enough positive air pressure, sucking the door shut giving it a firm seal (Hopefully).

I also cut a semi hole for the cords to go through at the top of the tent. Once all my cords have been run through I will tape that up to allow zero light to penetrate through.

I also need to cut in a fresh air exhaust point (or two) somewhere in the tent, to give adequate air flow for those ladies of mine.

I want to finish off this post with, a friend of mine borrowed me something today. I’m almost scared to use them. I’ve got a gopher problem in my back yard, some living underneath my shed in the back and one underneath my deck out front. My friend gave me some gopher traps, but there’s some cats in the neighbor hood that get let out. I would absolutely love to get one of those pissin and shittin bastards, but it would also probably be illegal to trap and “accidentally” break one of their legs or worse yet kill someone’s cat. So maybe I’ll hold off on the gopher traps:nervous-guy:

Go to growpotcheaply.com Neil built a grow room and videoed the whole thing. He used Panda film and made his door with Velcro. Check his site out.

I actually just come from there, and I couldn’t find exactly the video you were talking about, I found other cool videos but not that one.

Looks like it’s coming together, neighbors will frown if you trap their cat! Lol

You bet! It’s almost there! I just need to do some finishing touches and it’s ready for the plants!

:rofl: Yeah, I think your right, I might have some really pissed off neighbours..

Update:

Did a lil bit of work on the tent tonight after the daughter went to Lala land! You know it’s kind of funny, two years ago I would have stayed up all night if I had to to get this all finished in one night. Now it takes me three weeks to finish one project :goof:

I taped a cut piece of panda film around the tube from the carbon filter up top, trying my best to black out any light to penetrate through.

I also installed the fan inside, ready to be plugged in. Plugged the fan in, ready to be switched to on. Hung my light in the tent and reinforced it so it doesn’t swing wildly.

All that’s left is to get a fresh air return point. Then the plants! I haven’t even turned my light on yet, I’m waiting to do it until I get my plants in there. :dude-knocking: You can keep knocking, but you can’t come in!:theband:

I’ll finish off with a picture I got of something that scared the shit out of me earlier tonight. Sitting on my front deck, you know having some quiet time, smoking cigarettes, smoking some Dark Angel, just hanging out in the late evening nice whether we had, it cooled off really nicely and my neighbor across the street has gone camping so it’s extra quiet. Peter fu**ing cotton tail him self jumps out from below the bottom part of my deck and starts hopping down my yard. :slide:

Have a good night everyone!

Damn,BL-you get shit done when you put your mind to it!-That tent came out nice!
I've got a gopher in my front yard that I've tried to trap about 6 times-I finally decided he's smarter than I am,so my plan now is to wait it out till he dies of old age-or I do,whichever comes first....

Back
Top Bottom