Blue Angel 2019

Grew up in the suburbs of Detroit, moved almost as far away as I could and still stay in MI. Tip of the Mit!

Detroit was NOT a friendly place growing up, and I feel like most urban areas are the same. When I was a kid I got cold cocked right in the eye for not giving some stranger kid a piece of gum when he demanded it in a packed movie theater lobby. My wife and I had to run away from some dudes trying to take our shit in the train station in Chicago the last time we took the train there. I have a friend in Seattle, she told me some people just moved into the should be condemned house across the street from her, they pulled 8 cars into the yard and now they are all being lived in as well.

Needless to say I'm not a fan of the big urban areas anymore. No offense to you big city folk and I know it's not like this everywhere but the only thing that comes to mind when I think of the city is crime and squatters.

EDIT: And shitty football teams!

I’m so sorry to hear about your troubled times in Detroit. Couldn’t have been easy. Crime is everywhere, even in places you don’t want it to be.

A new Statistics Canada report indicates Edmonton had the third-highest homicide rate in Canada last year.

The statistics suggested Edmonton homicide report was 3.49 per 100,000 population (49 homicides total in 2017), with only Thunder Bay and Abbotsford-Mission having higher rates among metropolitan areas. Edmonton also had the highest rate among communities with a population of 500,000 or more.

I don’t live in Edmonton but I live in a small community outside of Alberta’s capital city, and last year it was rated (the small town I live in) top 3 “worst” places to live in regards to crime to population in western Canada.

I’m a Pittsburgh fan, because before I even paid attention to NFL my brother was a Steelers fan, so I started liking them as well. Then my brother passed away from cancer. He gave me a bunch of his Pittsburgh steeler paraphernalia in his will. It catapulted my love for the Steelers. I’m also a Pittsburgh penguins fan as well. They don’t air a lot of the games here in Alberta so I’ll pay attention to the Edmonton Oiler games if I have to, other wise the penguins game will be on. Now that we’re in the new house, we got rid of cable to avoid having another bill on top of internet, so unfortunately these up coming seasons, I won’t be able to watch any of the steeler or penguins games, thumbs down.

Your seedlings look good-nice,fat stems (i don't know if fat stems actually mean anything,but they sure look good)
It does look like you've got a tiny bit of burn on a few of the tips,but I wouldn't worry about it, just back off a little bit on the nutes,and it shouldn't get any worse (just a tiny bit,nothing drastic) as it is now,you can't even notice it unless you really look close,and know what you're looking for.

I think it's the genetics of the BCs... both my grows have done that where the tip, even with new growth, is almost harder than the rest of the leaf. I wouldn't change your nute schedule unless you see it work up the leaf itself. The BCs are very finicky, but seem to adapt quickly.

Update:

Hang on, I need to finish packing a bowl, and smoke it. It’s been a long day..

:cough: Ahh, much better!

So I brought the ladies out for a dance tonight, or is guess more like a slaughterhouse.

I chopped them up pretty good, did one more final clean up of the lower bud sites, as well as a few selective fan leaves up top that was blocking light.

Gave them both about 1.5 gallon feeding. Early flower dose of nutrients with cal mag.

Before^

After^

Blue Cookie^

Before^

After^

Dark Angel^

B.C on the left and D.A on the right

I also raised the fan, and raised the light a couple notches. Only a couple notches left.

D.A 1 and D.A 2 ^

The one B.C seed that took. The other one I dug out of the puck and put back in a paper towel, but I ended up giving up on it. It’s almost as if the seed cracked but it was a complete dud.

Continued...

They're looking great-nice cleanup you did on them-must be the day for that-I did mine this morning-I've got more to do,but it seemed like they were starting to say "ouch",so I'll do a little more in a day or two...
The seedlings (and Jim) are looking mighty fine....he better enjoy it while it lasts !

Hey Backlip! :ganjamon: Plants are looking great! Nice job on the haircut, they were bushing out! :tommy::morenutes: Flower production seems great so far, loads of frost developing there.
The young ones are looking good! Jim’s got em covered. :cool::popcorn:

Update:

Just a couple pictures, the first one being the Blue Cookie, and the second picture is the Dark Angel.

The Blue Cookie is chunking right out.

The Dark Angel is really starting to get some height to her. Surpassed the bc in height. This top cola really speaks to me. I’m looking forward to it filling out.

This top cola really speaks to me. I’m looking forward to it filling out.
Sheez that is going to fill out to one monster cola! :adore: that's a future nug of the month lol. Really good nodal spacing, she's gonna fill out from top to bottom.

Update:

Hang on, I need to finish packing a bowl, and smoke it. It’s been a long day..

:cough: Ahh, much better!

So I brought the ladies out for a dance tonight, or is guess more like a slaughterhouse.

I chopped them up pretty good, did one more final clean up of the lower bud sites, as well as a few selective fan leaves up top that was blocking light.

Gave them both about 1.5 gallon feeding. Early flower dose of nutrients with cal mag.

Before^

After^

Blue Cookie^

Before^

After^

Dark Angel^

B.C on the left and D.A on the right

I also raised the fan, and raised the light a couple notches. Only a couple notches left.

D.A 1 and D.A 2 ^

The one B.C seed that took. The other one I dug out of the puck and put back in a paper towel, but I ended up giving up on it. It’s almost as if the seed cracked but it was a complete dud.

Continued...
I do need some better lights l. I'm just running cfl and the blurples would do much better I think

Looking pretty sweet!

You da bomb!! Thanks @Pennywise :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sheez that is going to fill out to one monster cola! :adore: that's a future nug of the month lol. Really good nodal spacing, she's gonna fill out from top to bottom.

I sure hope she fills out like you say it will! Hope she fills out to be worthy enough for that title, but I mean come on, I see what I’m up against with everyone’s superb monsters growing! Everyone is killing it!! :welldone: Everyone!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I do need some better lights l. I'm just running cfl and the blurples would do much better I think

@Dmoney32 LED’s have their advantages! CFL also has its advantages! Some prefer other options. I’m an LED man and love me that blurple!! :thumb:

Update:

I left the ladies in the tent tonight, but I opened my door fully and turned on my other light to get some photos.

Yesterday I found an ant run into my grow box after I opened it up (after work). I’m not sure if it was on me and came in that way or if they’re climbing through my walls. (Rolls eyes) damn insects!! Either way I bought an ant trap just in case.

I also trimmed off more small bud sites below the top canopy. After seeing everyone else’s beautiful lollipop job on their plants, I kind of come to the conclusion that I did a pretty half ass lazy trim job :laugh:

Now, for the seedlings, I was going to give DA 1 and 2 their first dose of nutrients (seedling dose) but they had a bit of weight to them still, and I need to give my self a haircut tonight. Buzzer time! It’s getting too warm not to! So I’ll maybe wait till tomorrow.

DA one^

DA Two^

The blue Cookie seedling growth seems to be stunted or something. It has no roots visible at the bottom of the puck yet, and I haven’t noticed much growth out of her in a while. I also noticed this on a cotyledon leaf today.

I pulled the dome lid off as well, for good.

So this is what I’m proposing. I think I may have left her in the dome for too long, and Perhaps I transplant into her first pot. Give it a good drink of ph’d water. Then maybe snip that cotyledon leaf off.

That’s all for tonight. Now It’s haircut time.

:passitleft:

Update:

Sorry @Pennywise i didn’t see your post until now.

I finished my haircut and got right back to the plants. I transplanted the BC into a cute lil plastic pot. Buried the puck down and gave it a really good drink of water. Assuring that I watered the entire pot of soil, pulling oxygen down with it, in hopes it will train those roots to go down.

I once experimented with cutting the mesh bag off with my ren and stimpy plants. They both equally grew the same through out their life. Until I brutally murdered them and cut them into pieces. I have absolute faith in these mesh bags, but I wish I would have caught your post before transplanting, just to see what would happen. Ohh well, she’s in dirt now, and time will tell!

I cut both the leaves off, because well, why not. They just shrivel and die anyways. She looks funny now though :laughtwo:

Jim checking her out, he’ll take care of her.

:passitleft:

I really like the way those strains grow. I have crop king seeds also. I grew black indica for my first grow because it was supposed to stay short and be good for beginners. I had two black indicas in one tent and they stayed very small but i harvested about 6 ounces. They were super bushy and compact and identical. They also produced a heavy body high and put me straight to sleep. I honestly wish i had gotten a more sativa leaning strain instead of black indica.

At the same time i bought 5 black indica feminized from crop king seeds and 3 blue dream feminized from sunwest genetics. Later on i bought the 10 pack autoflower sample pack and it xame with 12.
They all came with two freebies. I want to try those strains. That green crack you grew looked sexy. Check out my sunwest genetics blue dream

The ones on the right are autoflowers

Looking great in the garden brother! :ganjamon::bravo: Those buds are gonna start filling out real soon!

Update:

The ladies were looking a lil thirsty, yesterday. Was too damn busy with everything so I managed to get them out tonight.

I gave them their first late flower dose of nutrients, as I’m about half way there to the finish line.

Blue Cookie^
Her pistils have been turning orange for over a week now, but it’s really starting to show. I’m sorry for the glare on the colas, next time I’ll turn the “frostiness” down a tad! :laugh: Lol I’m kidding I’ll maybe turn my flash off.:idea:

Now for the Dark Angel

Dark Angel^

I should have trimmed more off the lower half of this plant. That light green foliage down below bugs me, it’s not getting any light as the higher colas are up against the tent and completely blocking That precious light. I really need to make a bigger tent. (Not sure if the draw is over or not) but it would be superb if I won one of those awesome mars hydro tents! :snowboating:

Now for an update on those lil ladies of mine..

Back
Top Bottom