Crashdog's 1st Grow Journal - How To Torture Small Leafy Things - DWC

I took the day off today so started the flush of the Gold Leaf today. (Day 76 F) The AK-47 still has some white pistils and very few amber trichomes.

IMG_229528.JPG

Liberty Haze has got some fat buds

IMG_229426.JPG
IMG_229634.JPG

Oh ya, I received my vaporizer this week. Flowermate 5.0Xmini. 1st time I used it I was not impressed. I used the dry herb pod and went thru all the temps but got little vape. I get a better buzz from my cheap ass bong.
Yesterday I used it without the pod and just filled the chamber like eveyone on youtube. WAAAAY better. I got a lot of vap from the 3 lowest temp settings. I didn't go any higher because I don't smoke that much but I was still pulling alot of vape. Totally different flavor than using a bong. Tasted pretty good.

The High - I like the bong High better. The vape high was much more heady and my heart was racing a bit.

I've been doing some reading this am about vaping and it seems that the lower temps do give a more heady high.
I only tried the 3 lowest ranges 355,365 and 375f
I need to experiment more with the temps and different strains to find the best effect and flavor.

I'll be picking up some brownie mix after lunch and give baking a try later today.

How'd those tasty treats work out? Did you eat too many and wind up on a vision quest?

I think they are going in the trash. They are just too nasty. Take a little nibble and its like a gas fills my mouth. I think I grounded them up too much and too much plant matter got in the butter. Am i using toooo 2 much?

It was harvest time this weekend. Finished up last night.

IMG_230829.JPG
IMG_231128.JPG
IMG_231031.JPG

The tent still seems kinda full. AK-47 in front. Liberty Haze in the back.

IMG_230636.JPG

It must've been the plant bits getting in. Use a metal strainer? Cheese cloth would be better to use we used the metal strainer but also ground up by hand so most of it stayed big enough to not fall through. Just a couple adjustments and you'll have way better budder.

Those are some massive colas dude, that cob light really did a great job all the way down that branch . very nicely done!

Rosin or qwet extract works better for edibles, you just need to decarb it first. Rosin is the best and has almost no taste at all. You can freeze your sugar trim and wash it for 15 to 30 seconds with ethanol and evap off the alcohol and decarb it and put in clear gel capsules, that's what I do.

It must've been the plant bits getting in. Use a metal strainer? Cheese cloth would be better to use we used the metal strainer but also ground up by hand so most of it stayed big enough to not fall through. Just a couple adjustments and you'll have way better budder.

Those are some massive colas dude, that cob light really did a great job all the way down that branch . very nicely done!

Thanks bud. The light works great.

I used cheese cloth. I think I'll experiment a little more. Try using some of my cured stuff and not use so much. ha ha.

Rosin or qwet extract works better for edibles, you just need to decarb it first. Rosin is the best and has almost no taste at all. You can freeze your sugar trim and wash it for 15 to 30 seconds with ethanol and evap off the alcohol and decarb it and put in clear gel capsules, that's what I do.

Thanks for the Tip,

I'll do some research on making rosin.

Dang, Crashdog! I go away for a few months and come back to find you killing it. Very nicely done!

Thanks a bunch Rider. Glad to see you back.

Are you starting a new journal?

Been awhile since my last update.

The Ak-47 clone got harvested over the weekend. Spent all day yesterday trimming her up..

She had a lot of white, underdeveloped buds on the lower branches. And a lot of those had buds attempting to grow on top of current buds but they weren't growing fat, just strait up. I cut off most of those and put with the trim.
I could of done a much better job defoliating her and getting more light to the lower buds. Actually, I should of just cut them suckers off a long time ago. They were never going to be more then trim.
She went 91 days Flower which was probably to long but she kept showing white pistils.

IMG_239129.JPG
IMG_239024.JPG

It looks like both of the plants got stressed out.
The Liberty Haze has got some major mutant buds working.

IMG_238538.JPG
IMG_238429.JPG
IMG_238333.JPG
IMG_238226.JPG
IMG_238123.JPG
IMG_237926.JPG

She's growing a little crooked. Thank god for yo-yo's. She is drinking 1 gallon a day.
She has the whole tent to her self

IMG_238628.JPG

Exciting day at work today. I do IT (not the clown :rofl:) for mostly banks. Was working behind the teller line when it got robbed.

Thanks a bunch Rider. Glad to see you back.

Are you starting a new journal?

I'll kick the new journal off after the fun stuff starts happening. I've got a strain from Hawaii known as The Mutt that I'm going to give a go. It's a proprietary hybrid that was generously gifted to me by a long-time grower on the Big Island.

Back
Top Bottom