Curso's 2400W TopLED - High Brix Kit - Run 6

Gorgeous Curso.
No more tacoed leaves either....although I like just a hint of that, let's me know I'm in the zone.
High Doc, I was always under the impression that the more upward taco shape the leaves have the healthier the plants. Could you give me your thoughts on this & what causes it?

Gorgeous Curso.High Doc, I was always under the impression that the more upward taco shape the leaves have the healthier the plants. Could you give me your thoughts on this & what causes it?

We're striving to get calcium levels as high as possible. Extra Mg will limit calcium AND inhibit nitrogen and phosphorus uptake, so we always want to flirt with a Mg "deficiency" without actually getting there all the way. Excess Mg also interferes with Potassium uptake and we're already running lean on potassium....so it's very important to keep Mg levels LOW! Ca/Mg should be 10:1 optimally. I reduce that to 7 or 8/1 for our crop, especially for small containers.

When Mg is where it should be, the leaves will reach upwards a bit. When it's a bit lower they'll taco....and too low we get the chlorosis and yellow spots.

Too much Mg tightens up the soil, while calcium opens it up and loosens it.

Im kinda bummed that i cant give my OPP the proper veg time...this time! Next round is monster time! OPP and SD#2 vegged for three months in 20 gallon air pots.
Thanks again by the way bro :)

We're striving to get calcium levels as high as possible. Extra Mg will limit calcium AND inhibit nitrogen and phosphorus uptake, so we always want to flirt with a Mg "deficiency" without actually getting there all the way. Excess Mg also interferes with Potassium uptake and we're already running lean on potassium....so it's very important to keep Mg levels LOW! Ca/Mg should be 10:1 optimally. I reduce that to 7 or 8/1 for our crop, especially for small containers.

When Mg is where it should be, the leaves will reach upwards a bit. When it's a bit lower they'll taco....and too low we get the chlorosis and yellow spots.

Doc, do you know by chance if the plant uses a transporter similar to TRPM6 (transient receptor potential ion channel) which is responsible for magnesium homeostasis in humans to shuttle calcium and magnesium from the soil into the plant. There are a lot of similarities to what happens in humans who have an excessive calcium or magnesium load in their diet (almost always due to over supplementation of one or the other) going on in plants, it seems, including a cascade that affects phosphorous and potassium uptake. The interplay between calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and potassium in humans seems strikingly similar to that in plants to me.

Of course in humans and animals the primary mover of calcium is calbindin dependent with the TRPM6 ATPase being secondary. Nonetheless, competition for ion transport in plants and animals seems strikingly similar.

Day 13....She got 3gl of water yesterday and about 3 gallons of energy/tea/transplant.
IMG_63201.JPG
IMG_63211.JPG
IMG_63224.JPG
IMG_63233.JPG
IMG_63191.JPG

:peacetwo::bigtoke::peacetwo:

Thanxx Doc...

Doc, do you know by chance if the plant uses a transporter similar to TRPM6 (transient receptor potential ion channel) which is responsible for magnesium homeostasis in humans to shuttle calcium and magnesium from the soil into the plant. There are a lot of similarities to what happens in humans who have an excessive calcium or magnesium load in their diet (almost always due to over supplementation of one or the other) going on in plants, it seems, including a cascade that affects phosphorous and potassium uptake. The interplay between calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and potassium in humans seems strikingly similar to that in plants to me.

Of course in humans and animals the primary mover of calcium is calbindin dependent with the TRPM6 ATPase being secondary. Nonetheless, competition for ion transport in plants and animals seems strikingly similar.

Plants tend to move things around via phosphates. Phosphorus can be considered the "truckers" of the nutrients. It's not the same mechanism that we see in mammals, but due to osmosis and the fact that everything you mentioned is a cation, deficiencies/excesses of MG will indeed effect uptake of the same cations in people as in plants.

Plants tend to move things around via phosphates. Phosphorus can be considered the "truckers" of the nutrients. It's not the same mechanism that we see in mammals, but due to osmosis and the fact that everything you mentioned is a cation, deficiencies/excesses of MG will indeed effect uptake of the same cations in people as in plants.

This is one of the many reasons why Doc is a treasure here. He makes us all smarter in his own way ;)

Okay we're @ 2 weeks from the flip. The energy drench made her a happy woman. I think today she's going to get a shower with some Brix. I generally don't need to spray weekly with my soil, maybe 10 days, it's very well devloped. This is the first run with fresh amendment in the soil, I can spray her weekly I believe. She'll let me know if it's to often....

IMG_63243.JPG
IMG_63255.JPG
IMG_63263.JPG

:peacetwo::bigtoke::peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom