Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey all. My soil has been ready to go for almost a month now (started cooking on the 26th of may) and finally I will be dropping a bean into dbhbb soil tonight
I've got a Dark Devil Auto that is ready to get planted so it will be my first in doc's kit.

Thinking I will just change my current journal into a perpetual auto journal as I still have 2 plants growing from my previous run and dont want to have 2 journals going at once.
Would greatly appreciate anyone who is willing to follow along over there to assist with my first kit grow. I will deffinately be posting here as well but someone might catch me doing somthing stupid before I ruin everything lol
Have a knife day
StaySharp
IMG_20190724_101455_7.jpg
Hey Knifemaker,

DDA in DBHBB, alright! :theband: I've done this one 1-2 dozen times in The Kit now, it's regularly a favorite and a bud that my close friends often ask me for when visiting from out of town. The upbeat (yet mild) high, grape-lime flavor and look of the buds hold a special place in my heart.

My favorite way to grow DDA in DBHBB: 1/4 str Transplant Drenches only instead of plain water, from the start (so 1/4 oz TD per 5 gal water), running 13/11 or 12/12 from seed to finish. Doing longer light times didn't do much for me, though I admit I likely have some things to learn about that.

Once the plant is about a foot tall, start giving her the normal Kit routine, with full strength drenches--it'll be week 5 or so, from seed. When I say full strength, I mean @Duggan style, or about 2oz drench per 5 gal water. Foliars at 1/4 - 1/2 strength, each brix and destress 1x/week, starting week 2-3, or as soon as there are some real leaves on her.

There are 4 main phenos, and sometimes, you just get a bad one--I'd say about 1 in 5 seeds just aren't that great. Try to find the dark purple with hints of green, grape/lime pheno--that's my personal favorite.

Hope that helps! Keep us updated, DDA grows are fun to watch. :popcorn:

:passitleft:

Hey Knifemaker,

DDA in DBHBB, alright! :theband: I've done this one 1-2 dozen times in The Kit now, it's regularly a favorite and a bud that my close friends often ask me for when visiting from out of town. The upbeat (yet mild) high, grape-lime flavor and look of the buds hold a special place in my heart.

My favorite way to grow DDA in DBHBB: 1/4 str Transplant Drenches only instead of plain water, from the start (so 1/4 oz TD per 5 gal water), running 13/11 or 12/12 from seed to finish. Doing longer light times didn't do much for me, though I admit I likely have some things to learn about that.

Once the plant is about a foot tall, start giving her the normal Kit routine, with full strength drenches--it'll be week 5 or so, from seed. When I say full strength, I mean @Duggan style, or about 2oz drench per 5 gal water. Foliars at 1/4 - 1/2 strength, each brix and destress 1x/week, starting week 2-3, or as soon as there are some real leaves on her.

There are 4 main phenos, and sometimes, you just get a bad one--I'd say about 1 in 5 seeds just aren't that great. Try to find the dark purple with hints of green, grape/lime pheno--that's my personal favorite.

Hope that helps! Keep us updated, DDA grows are fun to watch. :popcorn:

Dam stoney that looks great congrats. Oh boy I bet she is guna be a super tastey one.

Ok so I had some questions guys. Idk if it's from me doing the brix foiler but once I did shortly after all my girls started getting this blotchy burn dots every where. Idk if its the foiler or if its when they was wet from the foiler an cause the light was on it burned them or sumthn idk. Was maybe thinkn of doing a rescue drench but figured I'd better ask the masters first lol. Ok so here is the Red Leicester Tease seedlings not doing so hot.

Here is the Ice Cream not lookn the best but not nearly as bad as she was b4 lol.

Any help would greatly be appreciated thank you. Oh also all my girls now have this blotchy dot stuff I jus didnt think it necessary to put up a 100 different pics when they all look like the same type of symptom. So I'm just wondering what I should do thanx every1.

Got the little Dark Devil Auto into the kit soil Wednesday night after work. Took about a litre of the cooked soil, mixed in a tbsp of the roots powder and sprinkled a pinch directly into the hole the seed went into. Then I dribbled about a tsp of RO water directly onto the plant site.
I'm going to try up potting one time with this one even tho some people say not to transplant an auto I figured I'd try it as the up pot is recommended with the kit.
Stuck the starter pot in the tent with the other two plants. The light is about 5' above plus its tucked beneath the canopy from the big ladies so I'm hoping it wont be too bright in there for the little devil.

36hrs later...

Well this little DDA is moving fast. Already starting to break the surface. Still has its helmet on so I'll keep my eye on it and help it out if needed. Misted the surface with RO water and a drip or two directly onto the helmet to hopefully assist with shedding it.
20190726_064032.jpg

Dam stoney that looks great congrats. Oh boy I bet she is guna be a super tastey one.

Ok so I had some questions guys. Idk if it's from me doing the brix foiler but once I did shortly after all my girls started getting this blotchy burn dots every where. Idk if its the foiler or if its when they was wet from the foiler an cause the light was on it burned them or sumthn idk. Was maybe thinkn of doing a rescue drench but figured I'd better ask the masters first lol. Ok so here is the Red Leicester Tease seedlings not doing so hot.

Here is the Ice Cream not lookn the best but not nearly as bad as she was b4 lol.

Any help would greatly be appreciated thank you. Oh also all my girls now have this blotchy dot stuff I jus didnt think it necessary to put up a 100 different pics when they all look like the same type of symptom. So I'm just wondering what I should do thanx every1.

How many runs in this soil? What have you added to it?

How many runs in this soil? What have you added to it?
Its second run soil and on the 13th I did a brix foiler and then the 16th I did a growth drench but I fed it threw the top jus poured it on the top of the soil and let it drain down the pot. Then on the 24th I did another brix foiler. So idk why they are looking like this. And I been doing a weekly ipm once a week with the leaf wash.

Its second run soil and on the 13th I did a brix foiler and then the 16th I did a growth drench but I fed it threw the top jus poured it on the top of the soil and let it drain down the pot. Then on the 24th I did another brix foiler. So idk why they are looking like this. And I been doing a weekly ipm once a week with the leaf wash.
So....let's stop the brix foliars for now. They're small and sick.

Destress would have been the choice, as it is designed for plant stress mitigation.

You've got something eating your leaves......not sure what but it's not something small. You should be able to see the bastard(s) and get them by hand.

Rescue drench, write off the ugly growth and look to new growth.

Destress ONCE as soon as the new growth takes off.

So....let's stop the brix foliars for now. They're small and sick.

Destress would have been the choice, as it is designed for plant stress mitigation.

You've got something eating your leaves......not sure what but it's not something small. You should be able to see the bastard(s) and get them by hand.

Rescue drench, write off the ugly growth and look to new growth.

Destress ONCE as soon as the new growth takes off.

Ok will do an I know that's what I thought about the pest whatever it idk cause i never see nuthn in there so it's really got me wondering. But ok I'll do a rescue drench on them then hit them with a destress once they kick off again. Thanx for all the help.

Hard to tell Gazoo :hmmmm: Only bug I’ve seen that could look like that would be a flea beetle. Not saying that’s what it is, and I have not ever seen one alone (usually some), but it’s a possibility (if you get those there). Would need a clearer picture.

Thanks Amy :hug:

Just to be clear thats from the above pictures from
Blazinjones

Doc had mentioned it looked like possible Pest damage on the leafs and I noticed
that photo had what looked like a possible actor ;)

Not sure but is this a PEST It looks to have Height and width ? Looked really bug like when I ZOOMED in

possabile2.jpg

Lol nope that's jus like lil raindrops I always see on the plants everytime I go to turn lights on n open the tent up the plants have little raindrops on them lol. But yea only pest I ever saw was spidermites but got those taken care of with the leaf spray

Yes, in 3-4 months or as soon as possible, damn I miss growing! I'm building a new house, foundation is in and framing starts this week. Living vicariously through you all for now......

Yea living/ growing in a shity trailer while we are building our house lmao I couldnt wait.

Back
Top Bottom