Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

A recent shipment to Canada was shown on tracking to be delivered yesterday. It was addressed correctly, etc.

But, the customer never received it! There's not much I can do on my end....I've been looking into it this morning. The tracking says "delivered." USPS tells me that when it goes into Canada, it's their deal, etc.
I always have a better time when people ship FedEx. They never leave it on a doorstep and check it off as shipped. I am never home when stuff gets delivered and always sweat it out at work hoping nobody walks away with it.

It is probably a little more expensive, but they are much better at delivering items.

My last order of the bulk kit was 2 boxes, and one got sent to the UK and back before I saw it. All you can do is wait until they realize and fix it. I remember there was absolutely nothing I could do in that situation.....but wait.

Seedling, that may be true , but couriers like FE have their own problems ,..like having to go fetch the package across town , etc. For me that is a big PITA. Like i said earlier, in 7 yrs. i have had ZERO issues getting boxes from Doc. Not saying it doesn't happen but it must be rare. Cheers.
FYI, whenever i have a choice...courier or USPS , i always choose USPS.
If i ever have issues , i will be more into couriers too.Ha!

Seedling, that may be true , but couriers like FE have their own problems ,..like having to go fetch the package across town , etc. For me that is a big PITA. Like i said earlier, in 7 yrs. i have had ZERO issues getting boxes from Doc. Not saying it doesn't happen but it must be rare. Cheers.
FYI, whenever i have a choice...courier or USPS , i always choose USPS.
If i ever have issues , i will be more into couriers too.Ha!
Everyone's situation is different....that's the thing. I got junkies walking the streets 24/7 and having a package delivered to me as opposed to being left outside my house wins every time. My pick up location is a 5 min walk from my front door also. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That and the fact that Government Postal services has no clue where a package is in transit is just funny. :rofl: l mean.....when I asked the person at Canada Post about the package that got sent to Europe....they couldn't tell me anything and they couldn't do anything.....even though I could show them the tracking showing the error....they couldn't even flag it!

I always have a better time when people ship FedEx. They never leave it on a doorstep and check it off as shipped. I am never home when stuff gets delivered and always sweat it out at work hoping nobody walks away with it.

It is probably a little more expensive, but they are much better at delivering items.

My last order of the bulk kit was 2 boxes, and one got sent to the UK and back before I saw it. All you can do is wait until they realize and fix it. I remember there was absolutely nothing I could do in that situation.....but wait.

I always ask vendors NOT to use fed ex or ups. They always tack on extra fees and handling costs. This stuff is already super expencive, dont need to add to the cost

Oh,...reminds me of a failed delivery story that happened about 12 yrs. ago now. Sent an on line retailer about 400 bones for some weed. Sent cash by Express Post 'next day' service W tracking no. I tracked it ...was not received ...the envelope vanished. OK, i realize it was silly to send cash , but back then there was limited ways of getting it done. Anyhow, all they would have to do is track it themselves ,...and bingo. They would have maximum, two suspects, One would be lying. Easy to find out wat happened to it. When was it LOST....Why do they not wanna bother catching the thief, i don't get it...PFFT! :passitleft:

Thanks for that info. I'll look into FedEx.....right now I'm set up for USPS and UPS, plus Amazon's many options, none of which go to CAnada

Hey guys i had a question about the kit an my plant here lol. I got an auto its Rhino Ryder from fast buds and i started it in docs kit soil 3rd round in 10 gallon tote on 10-17 last month an she is already flowering like this so i was wondering when should i add the recharge or should i? I jus started her on the veg schedule like last week otherwise she was still getting plain water. Here she is like a month old.

Thanks for that info. I'll look into FedEx.....right now I'm set up for USPS and UPS, plus Amazon's many options, none of which go to CAnada
Thanks Doc....even if it was an option, I would be someone that would take it. I don't care too much to put out a little extra $$$ for the added security. Especially since I am using the bulk kit now, it doesn't feel like I will be needing to make orders very often. With the results I've been getting with this system the cost is more than fair.

We are around day 22 of bloom and happy.

20191119_174030.jpg
20191119_174017.jpg

Another Canadian customer here. I’ve only ordered the starter kit in 2018 and a bulk kit this year. Never had a issue with Doc’s Products reaching new or any extra bills in the mail.

I referred a few friends local to me to Docs Kit and one of them I know for sure got his starter kit held at customs. And they charged him an extra $75 or something iirc.

I’ll reach out to him and get some details about his experience.

My Kit products are always sent via Can Post to my community mailbox around the end of my street.Even the bulk kit fits in the compartments where u get left the little key that’s labelled 4A or 3B etc.

My only concern there is the extreme cold if I am waiting for a product in winter. Maybe it’s better than the extreme heat of summer though. I’ve had a few massive bags of Roots powder come in and it’s everywhere. Wish they would be careful with the magical goodies.

When ordering lights and all that though I get hit every damn time with ridiculous import fees etc. And that’s buying from a Canadian distributor. So BS! U buy a $1600 light and get hit with $100 extra Fees in USD.

Anyhow I used to use AN’s Connessiour Full Lineup. That was approx $450 CAD and only lasted 3 grows of smaller plants / pots.

Docs Bulk Kit cost me at the Door $550 CaD and that was with extra bottles of stuff And will last me a few years I’m guessing.

I hope Doc does expand into a little Distribution Center here in CaD. I’m not sure how many of his customers are Canadians but I know the market here for his Kit is teeming with potential.

I know $ is limited for many and I’m no diff. But I’m happy to pay Doc for his products. I have such a bad taste in my mouth from AN products.... literally.

Thanks for the feedback Doc & I hope you get your kit Knife!

Going to pop over and see the new apprentice journal.

Cheers Gang :green_heart:

Hey guys i had a question about the kit an my plant here lol. I got an auto its Rhino Ryder from fast buds and i started it in docs kit soil 3rd round in 10 gallon tote on 10-17 last month an she is already flowering like this so i was wondering when should i add the recharge or should i? I jus started her on the veg schedule like last week otherwise she was still getting plain water. Here she is like a month old.

Hey bud, I do not think it will be an issue this time around, but in the future you should avoid using clear containers to grow in. Roots do not like light and so you will not end up with as good of a root system as you would using a container that blocks light from the roots. I have no answers to your actual questions. I am going to guess you will not use all of the goodies in the soil with that short grow, especially with such a small plant. The issue though is that the recharge is also used to help prep the soil for the next cook.

Hey Blazin’, I know Doc is currently away so I have a kind of response for you.

Like Morglie I don’t have actual answers for your actual questions, but I can tell you what I have done after growing autos in DBHBB kit pots.

Firstly, any auto is going to run 10-12 weeks from seed, give or take (usually in the same pot from start to finish), so as I see it that’s as long or longer as we flower things out in the same size pots. So I have treated the soil pretty much the same as any other run, with maybe less worm castings in the next cook (so backing them off more than usual even)

I did think the soil seemed less “used” at the end of the auto runs. Possibly because the first few weeks from seed with an auto will be less demanding on the soil community than a transplanted photoperiod plant.

In any case, it made very little difference and I Recharged at about 4-5weeks and I re-mixed and recooked as I would with any other run. I maybe backed off the worm castings a bit more. Those plants finished nicely and the next (2nd) run with that soil just went exceptionally well :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hope that maybe helps a bit :Namaste:

Oh, and I’ll take Morglie’s point about the light a bit further and suggest wrapping that translucent tote in some light blocking fabric or something.

Like Morglie I don’t have actual answers for your actual questions, but I can tell you what I have done after growing autos in DBHBB kit pots.

Firstly, any auto is going to run 10-12 weeks from seed, give or take (usually in the same pot from start to finish), so as I see it that’s as long or longer as we flower things out in the same size pots. So I have treated the soil pretty much the same as any other run, with maybe less worm castings in the next cook (so backing them off more than usual even)

I did think the soil seemed less “used” at the end of the auto runs. Possibly because the first few weeks from seed with an auto will be less demanding on the soil community than a transplanted photoperiod plant.

In any case, it made very little difference and I Recharged at about 4-5weeks and I re-mixed and recooked as I would with any other run. I maybe backed off the worm castings a bit more. Those plants finished nicely and the next (2nd) run with that soil just went exceptionally well :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh, and I’ll take Morglie’s point about the light a bit further and suggest wrapping that translucent tote in some light blocking fabric or something.
Man Amy, that info Morglie posted up sounds an awful lot like what I posted :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanx guys i really appreciate it an yea ill do like yeti an u said an wrap the clear one up so the roots are covered. Maybe ill jus tape it up with some black ducktape lol.

Hey bud, I do not think it will be an issue this time around, but in the future you should avoid using clear containers to grow in. Roots do not like light and so you will not end up with as good of a root system as you would using a container that blocks light from the roots. I have no answers to your actual questions. I am going to guess you will not use all of the goodies in the soil with that short grow, especially with such a small plant. The issue though is that the recharge is also used to help prep the soil for the next cook.

Thanx man ill make sure to wrap them up now guna use some raptor tape i got. Its super strong ducktape so should work rite lol.

:rofl: sorry man! Cruising the forums tired and stoned :laughtwo: :Namaste:

Shizz ive been there myself lol. Just the otherday or well night rather lol. I was harvesting some auto pollen an smoking on a jay of highbrix mandarin cookies. But it only had 9 days of cure so i didnt think it was guna be as gud/potent as it was. But holyshizz caught me by surprise lol. I ended up leaving my pollen on the mirror an waking up the nex day it still out on my living room table :rofl:.

Soo... not sure what I'm going to do. Since my pkg with my refill of GI and Tea never made it to me and Im completely out of GI and almost out of tea ( haven't even finished 3 plants in 5 g pot yet and already out) I've got about a week or so untill my next GI drench. She just got the one oz of GI in 2 gal water doc recommended to try to keep this latest one from going crispy like the first 2. That used up the last of my bottle.....

Back
Top Bottom