Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Curious about this advice. I thought this was done at about the 3 week mark after up can.....?

:passitleft:

Ya, brain fart on the ReCharge/EWC. :straightface: That comes after flip. :idea:

My DDA baby is 11 days old today.
Spotted a few roots poking out the bottom drain holes on day 7 so went ahead and up potted into a 5gal fabric pot full of dbhbb soil. I assumed it would be to early to use the transplant drench but I did apply a liberal amount of the roots powder both directly onto the roots and also into the hole. Doesnt seem to have phased it at all.
20190806_063433.jpg
20190806_063425.jpg

Mornin to ya Knifemaker. Yes, you did right...when transplanting into your final pot/s, it's NOT nessesary to give any 'kit' liquids. I usually just give a very light Trans Drench of 1/4 strength. They , the plants, when so small will thrive in all the new soil and they will 'want' for nothing in it. It has loads of goodies for many weeks. Straight water is fine for a month or so. Cheers eh.

My DDA baby is 11 days old today.
Spotted a few roots poking out the bottom drain holes on day 7 so went ahead and up potted into a 5gal fabric pot full of dbhbb soil. I assumed it would be to early to use the transplant drench but I did apply a liberal amount of the roots powder both directly onto the roots and also into the hole. Doesnt seem to have phased it at all.
20190806_063433.jpg
20190806_063425.jpg

You'll probably be OK....but I definitely recommend letting them rootbound in the one's before transplanting.

You'll probably be OK....but I definitely recommend letting them rootbound in the one's before transplanting.
Being that this is an autoflower, and one known to be temperamental @SweetSue Reccomended that I get it in its final pot asap.

Never grown an auto but I've read you should start in final pot because once roots reach the pot they start flowering.

:passitleft:
Some growers say that but others say its a myth and autos just flower when they're ready to flower... roots deffinately hit the bottom of the starter pot with no signs of flowering yet...
DDA is also known to start flowering really early anyway with some starting around day 15-20

Autos....pfft!.....ruining great strains with 'Ruderallis'....bahh!
Due to my space constraints I'm limited to smaller stature strains and the faster finish of autos along with no changing light scheduals was a big draw for me as well. I dont have any real urge to mess with photoperiod plants any time soon.

I'm not a big fan of autos, either, unless you want to flower some plants in the same tent as other plants are vegging or trying to battle outdoor seasons. The finish times aren't that much quicker and with some training, you can maintain whatever height you want. I have some plants flowering in a breeding cabinet right now that has only something like 2' of headroom.

We had an interesting discussion on this in my journal a few months ago starting at this post:

Tales From The Krip!

:Namaste:

I'm not a big fan of autos, either, unless you want to flower some plants in the same tent as other plants are vegging or trying to battle outdoor seasons. The finish times aren't that much quicker and with some training, you can maintain whatever height you want. I have some plants flowering in a breeding cabinet right now that has only something like 2' of headroom.

We had an interesting discussion on this in my journal a few months ago starting at this post:

Tales From The Krip!

I'm trying to run my tent as an autoflower perpetual so I actually have 3 plants at various stages. One almost ready to chop, one mid flower and one only 11 days old. Hoping to be able to take one down and start a new one every month or so. Might get to be too confusing but going to try it out for a while anyway :)

I'm trying to run my tent as an autoflower perpetual so I actually have 3 plants at various stages. One almost ready to chop, one mid flower and one only 11 days old. Hoping to be able to take one down and start a new one every month or so. Might get to be too confusing but going to try it out for a while anyway :)
:hmmmm::thedoubletake:There's more than one way to grow cannabis:thumb::theband:

Tales From The Krip!

To be fair K, you’ve never tried DDA. :laughtwo: I’m a fan of the photoflowering beauties myself. I make room for the DDAs. BrixNewb recently grew one in an Octopot under Timber COBs and harvested 13 oz dry.

Is 13 ounces of some of the tastiest buds you can grow, with a potential to be borderline hallucinogenic in effect something you wouldn’t be interested in? :battingeyelashes:

A-train left behind excellent guidelines for growing autos and harvesting a pound or more on a regular basis. The bias against autos is sadly misplaced.

To be fair K, you’ve never tried DDA. :laughtwo: I’m a fan of the photoflowering beauties myself. I make room for the DDAs. BrixNewb recently grew one in an Octopot under Timber COBs and harvested 13 oz dry.

Is 13 ounces of some of the tastiest buds you can grow, with a potential to be borderline hallucinogenic in effect something you wouldn’t be interested in? :battingeyelashes:
I have a bunch of DDA seeds and do plan on growing a couple next round in the small tent. But, to be really fair, DDA is an exception since it's not available as a photo and the buds are too beautiful not to run. But, if it was available as a photo, you can be sure I'd most definitely be running that instead of the auto! ;)

I have a bunch of DDA seeds and do plan on growing a couple next round in the small tent. But, to be really fair, DDA is an exception since it's not available as a photo and the buds are too beautiful not to run. But, if it was available as a photo, you can be sure I'd most definitely be running that instead of the auto! ;)

And yet BrixNewb made it perform like a photo, and A-Train made his autos perform like photos every time, and still continues to do so. Autos can perform as big and bold as you are willing to allow them to.

Arteekay left us another excellent guide to getting 4-6 ounces out of an auto. The field of available seed lines is exploding. Harvest timelines are accelerated. I think you limit the potentials when you overlook autos.

And yet BrixNewb made it perform like an auto, and A-Train made his autos perform like photos every time, and still continues to do so. Autos can perform as big and bold as you are willing to allow them to.
True - for some! Others can be very finicky and flower prematurely giving very low yields. But, for me, it really boils down to this...

Take any strain, Jack Herrer for example. If given the choice to run JH auto or photo I'd take photo EVERY time. How can the strain be improved by crossing with Ruderalis (other than passing on the autoflower trait or maybe some more vigor)?

IMHO, crossing with Ruderalis "waters down" the genetics which is the sacrafice you pay for the autoflower trait. It doesn't mean you can't grow some great autos! ;)

Back
Top Bottom