Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

True - for some! Others can be very finicky and flower prematurely giving very low yields. But, for me, it really boils down to this...

Take any strain, Jack Herrer for example. If given the choice to run JH auto or photo I'd take photo EVERY time. How can the strain be improved by crossing with Ruderalis (other than passing on the autoflower trait or maybe some more vigor)?

IMHO, crossing with Ruderalis "waters down" the genetics which is the sacrafice you pay for the autoflower trait.

My view is slightly different. The introduction of a more diversified cannabinoid and terpene profile is worth it.

Krip...same , same! Any hi end strain crossed with Ruderallis will NOT be as good as the original photo...it's impossible. I will take the photo version of a strain 100% of the time. When i ran Canna and Nis's supposed photo version of their fem seeds, it was my worst ever grow, period. The plants didn't know wat they were, and created all kinds of growing 'weirdness' and i will never ever grow an auto . Ruderallis is NOT my cup of tea.

I will give you that autos do typically have higher levels of CBD and high levels of myrcene and caryophyllene for terpenes, if that's what you're looking for. I'd never want to smoke a ruderalis, though! ;)

I will give you that autos do typically have higher levels of CBD and high levels of myrcene and caryophyllene for terpenes, if that's what you're looking for. I'd never want to smoke a ruderalis, though! ;)

Straight Ruderalis wouldn't have much thc in it so probably not.

Here's a pic I saved of a gorilla glue auto that with quadline training yeilded 24oz dry
20190716_102757.png

I think GGs are just like that - saw one recently that was all trich-covered sugar leaves. :straightface:

This sounds a lot like the fems vs regs debate ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sweet Sue recommended eh? Well, she knows more about my gear than I do....listen to her. Ignore anything I might say.....

If I give directions, run them by her first.
She might not know more about your gear but she has grown DDA in your gear so yes I trust her suggestions in this case... no need to get pissy about it...

I’ve enjoyed filling in the gaps in my tent with small autos. I don’t expect much from them so they don’t disappoint. Lol. Royal Gorilla Auto was 2nd best smoke I’ve grown

It's CBD and b-caryophyllene that are sought after for treating inflammation, including some forms of mental and emotional illness. More myrcene translates into better sleep meds, for one thing, and it's myrcene that efficiently shuttles cannabinoids through the BBB.

You make a good case for autos. Now consider how many Canadian members we have with limited growing seasons, or the many members working out of small closets in need of fast turnaround times and I see great value in learning to use the kit for auto growing. You dramatically increase the target market and offer this fine system to those who may not have the option of growing big photo plants.

With this talented group putting their heads together, one or two cycles and you guys could have a system that works as well with autos as with photo plants. Decide to continue deriding autos and you alienate a growing segment of the cannabis market.

I'm out of this conversation. I know where I'm not welcome.

It's CBD and b-caryophyllene that are sought after for treating inflammation, including some forms of mental and emotional illness. More myrcene translates into better sleep meds, for one thing, and it's myrcene that efficiently shuttles cannabinoids through the BBB.

You make a good case for autos. Now consider how many Canadian members we have with limited growing seasons, or the many members working out of small closets in need of fast turnaround times and I see great value in learning to use the kit for auto growing. You dramatically increase the target market and offer this fine system to those who may not have the option of growing big photo plants.

With this talented group putting their heads together, one or two cycles and you guys could have a system that works as well with autos as with photo plants. Decide to continue deriding autos and you alienate a growing segment of the cannabis market.

I'm out of this conversation. I know where I'm not welcome.
I don't believe I was deriding autos. I did acknowledge that when battling the outdoor seasons or trying to run a perpetual in a single tent, autos make a lot of sense. Other than that, I personally just don't see the attraction of autos and would never grow one if I had the option to grow the photo version of the strain.

I'm unaware of the "history" but you're always welcome to me! :love:

It is an interesting question, and one I’ve been thinking about a lot just recently: growing autos in the kit.

It’s not so different once things get going. The main challenge I see is devising ways of getting a couple of the drenches in, in time for the auto-shift to bloom. I have some currently that started flowering at 3 weeks (fairly normal). Because they were still drying out, they hadn’t had a GI drench yet - not ideal. They’re fine of course, and will be great, but I’m talking nuances and what’s ideal here. It makes me think about adjusting how wet the soil is when I plant so they dry out a bit faster during those first 3-4 weeks. Can’t wait 3 weeks to drench an auto... most of them will be already starting to flower!
Or maybe none of that matters. I will enjoy finding out :yummy:

It is an interesting question, and one I’ve been thinking about a lot just recently: growing autos in the kit.

It’s not so different once things get going. The main challenge I see is devising ways of getting a couple of the drenches in, in time for the auto-shift to bloom. I have some currently that started flowering at 3 weeks (fairly normal). Because they were still drying out, they hadn’t had a GI drench yet - not ideal. They’re fine of course, and will be great, but I’m talking nuances and what’s ideal here. It makes me think about adjusting how wet the soil is when I plant so they dry out a bit faster during those first 3-4 weeks. Can’t wait 3 weeks to drench an auto... most of them will be already starting to flower!
Or maybe none of that matters. I will enjoy finding out :yummy:
I would think there's plenty of "goodies" in the soil to last them a few weeks without a GI and, during those first few weeks, the TP, IMHO, is much more important.

:thumb: noted. These ones got one TP right before flower kicked in. So that was something. :)

And you want to remember that autos do best in half-feed levels. Less is definately more.

Hi Sue! Never done an auto but I do want to try a couple. Neil from Perfect sun holds a world record (I believe) with over 2lbs off 1 auto. Of all the seeds I have in my collection, I don't have one auto. :(

:passitleft:

We should find a way to change that reality ween.

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom