Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I Love the hair pin thing ! May pots only have holes in the bottom, Those look like some nice pots for dunking and the dunk bucket is only slightly bigger then the 1 gal. pot I could put some holes in the sides like you have if I can find a bucket slightly bigger then the pot

Thats a 1 gal pot and a 1.5 gal bucket (might be a 1.25 g ? )

Yes drill some holes up the sides to allow the DUNK to work faster
also in the bottom. You want good drainage, I think I used 1/2 drill
when I did it on some other pots. dont worry about the soil that gets
washed out, it will stop when the roots grab on to it. you can add a bit
at the top if things settle to much

Thats a 1 gal pot and a 1.5 gal bucket (might be a 1.25 g ? )

Yes drill some holes up the sides to allow the DUNK to work faster
also in the bottom. You want good drainage, I think I used 1/2 drill
when I did it on some other pots. dont worry about the soil that gets
washed out, it will stop when the roots grab on to it. you can add a bit
at the top if things settle to much
Thank you Gazoo I catch on better with pictures and videos it gives me a better mental image of what's going on I am going to have to find some buckets that are 1.25 gal. or some where close so I can do the dunks That sounds and looks like a great way to do it. I will check the dollar store for some or maybe Lowes. I have my 1 gal. starter pots Also I have some rapid rooters so I will drop the seed in there then into the 1gal.

Dunking with little waist

Not much waist at all (4 cups left over) I could adjust for less left over but the math
for the actual amount left in pot gets tricky. I am a OCD wielding SOB when it comes right
down to it

EDIT: Forgot to mention if your running more than 1 you can add the left over to the next
plant dunked and at the end NO matter how many plants your running you will only have
4 cups waist

Cheap Anchors for those young seedlings that want to stretch at the start, easily bent for use.
Oh that was a seed I started in the root riot plug, seed in plug and placed directly in soil for in-pot germination.

1570989457817.png
Here’s my two cents worth for not wasting product when dunking.

I cut the tops off 1 gal bleach bottles - make sure they’re the larger dia ones. As you can see, a gal pot fits nicely and the bleach bottle comes up (careful where you cut it) pretty close to the ¾ mark on the one gal pot.

After dunking, I drain the pot per docs directions in the second bleach bottle while the next one soaks. Then it goes in the third bottle (can be one of the 3/4 gal b bottles) and I let it drain until the dripping stops. At times, I have four bleach bottles going and can go through a lot pots fairly quickly.

I too use the "drained" drench to refill the first pot and usually have less than a qt or two left over. Cheap and effective.
9F044D9A-99C6-4AE7-B37D-507968F1C32D.jpeg

House is very close to done, very happy with how it's turned out! I'm back at it but not ready to start a journal just yet.

A huge thank you goes out to @Kitchenhawk for gifting me 4 clones and even threw some seeds in too! The clones came in his very nice diy shippers and they are some of the nicest clones I've ever seen, off to the races! Right now they're stelth in a garbage can with a pizza box and towel over it, lighted by 2 curly cfls hanging from the box, poked hole in it and put the wire through and tied knot. You'd never know they're in there.

Hawk sent, Mimosa, Boptang#2, Boptang #3, and Dosidos. The #3 is Tangerine terps and the #2 a sweet tropical smell. He threw in a 10 pack Boptang fems, and 4 Blackcherrypunch x Boptang fems!

Awesome, I know you’ve been waiting a while for this day to come where you have plants again! Super stoked for ya!

Regarding drainage holes and dunking ...

A cool thing happens when you dunk a plant into deep water and then pour down the top. All the air in the pot is forced to the top and bubbles out at the soil line. I always get it in my solo cups because the holes I punched with a nail are all along the bottom. With the gallon pots, I have the square ones with the slots along the edges, just like the ones Medman showed, so I have to submerge them up to the top slots to make it work.

If you drill holes, I recommend that you don't go too high on the pot. Keep 'em along the bottom. It'll make it ideal for dunking.

:Namaste:

I don't know man....LOL.....as an outsider that has never used the kit but follows a lot of growers using the kit, for such a simple process there seems to be a lot of confusion...... which there shouldn't be if the system is really that simple. Use the chart, don't use the chart......follow the directions vs its common sense.

Don't get me wrong, I have smoked several strains grown by Neiko and the results are amazing but seems like there is either a lot of misinformation or just too many bad sets of instructions floating around out there that seem to confuse a lot of growers.

Hopefully you can help add some clarity to it Duggs....good luck brother!
I have to agree with you Van Stank. :volcano-smiley:

Question -

What's your room climate like during the last few weeks of flower to the time when you harvest? I'm just curious to see what climate settings most dbhbb growers uses for their grow. I'm thinking I want to lower temps further and i'm not sure exactly how low we can go before it becomes a issue. I want to bring out the colour in the plants and enjoy the eye candy. :) :blunt:

If I am wrong, please let me know. To my understanding, if properly done, and at the adequate moment, cold temperatures can be used to a positive effect when cultivating cannabis. To achieve purple color etc etc on the plants, the difference between day and night time temps needs to be greater than 5-10 degrees. My room climate is currently 40% rh and 74F day time with night time temp droping to 65 F. Im thinking night time temp should drop futher to 60 and keep the day time temp at 75F range. Thoughts?

Evenin Fingers, gang. With temps and blooming plants.
Lots can be said but to make it short. Its best to drop the temps some , if u can during mid to late bloom, if for no other reason,...than to mimic nature .The plants get signals to hurry up and finish.
When u combine temp control with our photoperiod control, we can really get a plant to respond.
Full belly....way too much cake...gonna puke....sakes..:rofl:..cheers

Question -

What's your room climate like during the last few weeks of flower to the time when you harvest? I'm just curious to see what climate settings most dbhbb growers uses for their grow. I'm thinking I want to lower temps further and i'm not sure exactly how low we can go before it becomes a issue. I want to bring out the colour in the plants and enjoy the eye candy. :) :blunt:

If I am wrong, please let me know. To my understanding, if properly done, and at the adequate moment, cold temperatures can be used to a positive effect when cultivating cannabis. To achieve purple color etc etc on the plants, the difference between day and night time temps needs to be greater than 5-10 degrees. My room climate is currently 40% rh and 74F day time with night time temp droping to 65 F. Im thinking night time temp should drop futher to 60 and keep the day time temp at 75F range. Thoughts?
Duggs is right about mimicking nature to speed up the finish. The plants definitely respond to those changes, just like lighting time.

As for bringing out the colors, 65 should typically do it. It depends on the specific plant on what temp it changes at. You can go down to 60 without any major issues. Once you get lower, they'll start slowing down a bit on their growth.

Regarding drainage holes and dunking ...

A cool thing happens when you dunk a plant into deep water and then pour down the top. All the air in the pot is forced to the top and bubbles out at the soil line. I always get it in my solo cups because the holes I punched with a nail are all along the bottom. With the gallon pots, I have the square ones with the slots along the edges, just like the ones Medman showed, so I have to submerge them up to the top slots to make it work.

If you drill holes, I recommend that you don't go too high on the pot. Keep 'em along the bottom. It'll make it ideal for dunking.

:Namaste:
Thank you that is a Very good tip and one I will need once out of the seedling stage

This is my way of letting the dunks to drain. Sometime i use two buckets to let one plant drain while dunking another plant or two. Leftover drain are dumped back into the first bucket to keep water level up for dunking.
I was wondering what I could put in a bucket to drain with I see you put it on top now why didn't I think of that. I glad you did now I know an easy way with out bothering my back to do it Thanks

Doc, et al, just wanted to follow up on the above. Took your advice, Doc, and let them dry really well and then kept the dbl drenches under two minutes. Once they stabilized, I gave them a Rescue Drench and transplanted to 7s when they dried out. They really took off with the extra room in the 7s. Here’s a couple pics at day 54 from seed. The first three pics are Purple Satellite and the last two Panama (all Ace seeds).
054B3E26-1979-4075-85F8-2C10DA4BFBC8.jpeg

4965D2E1-0F42-44CC-B564-7B86AA5FA828.jpeg
770EEA3E-E63D-4826-B847-6770A135B6B7.jpeg
2995D7D3-A38E-4A8F-BEAB-9C03F6642B41.jpeg
8733D3F4-E3F1-4E3F-A6E7-44476C98760B.jpeg
Doc, this is a follow up to the post above. The pic below was taken today, two weeks from the ones above. I believe it is a testimony to your method. As long as one follows the basic instructions and uses a little common sense, anyone can produce this. I also want to give a nod to tropics for breeding this monster!

Purple Satellite (Oaxacan Gold kept from 1979 and a high altitude pure Nepalese sativa.) Day 68 from seed. BTW - the tall plant in the back is a Panama Red (Ace).
6AED42D3-4262-4EB1-8E5A-39322CC95DA2.jpeg

Doc, this is a follow up to the post above. The pic below was taken today, two weeks from the ones above. I believe it is a testimony to your method. As long as one follows the basic instructions and uses a little common sense, anyone can produce this. I also want to give a nod to tropics for breeding this monster!

Purple Satellite (Oaxacan Gold kept from 1979 and a high altitude pure Nepalese sativa.) Day 68 from seed. BTW - the tall plant in the back is a Panama Red (Ace).
They praying to the light now !! Great recovery !!

Yep. Your roots are now properly communicating with the soil.....Recue Drench.

Duggs is right about mimicking nature to speed up the finish. The plants definitely respond to those changes, just like lighting time.

As for bringing out the colors, 65 should typically do it. It depends on the specific plant on what temp it changes at. You can go down to 60 without any major issues. Once you get lower, they'll start slowing down a bit on their growth.

ty morglie and duggan. I've been keeping them mid/high 60's at night and i will lower it closer to low 60's. :blunt: :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom