Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Morning gang! Hope everyone is doing fine.

I’ve got 4 Meow females from PCS out of 14 seeds, (10 males!). They are at 42 days in the flower room in 1st run soil. They are OG cultivars and are really turning on the terps now. They really soak up the snake oil and heavy drenches, like OG’s like. These ones seem to have an efficient root system too, unlike other OG’s I’ve run.

Morning Dopy & Gang :nomo:

4/14 yikes! Well looks like your persistence paid off. Those OG‘s look beautiful.

What strength are you mixing the TP/GE and tea to feed her ? Also for SO?

Wren, SO = Snake Oil which is used on frankenstrains that need a little extra mag.

Dopy, looking dope! Are you not journaling anymore?

:passitleft:

Morning Ween and Doog’s. Yeah the SO that’s the stuff!

I wanted to know what amounts in ML he is feeding to keep them so lush and deep dark green like they are :high-five:

When I do SO I used 2.5ml to 7.5ml Brix and that 10ml total was added to 135ml RO. The flairisol sprayer I use is 150ml max but can’t fill all the way.

Curious how strong Dopy is drenching.. I’ve never really done more then 15-20ml per gallon of water used for a TP or GE.

Sorry, I read "what is SO" :rofl:

Lol all gravy Brotha Ween. Also the above mix I used is sorta strong.

When I only fill the sprayer to 80ml I was using 1.5ml SO to 4.5ml Brix. Doesn’t really equate to the same ratio as when I mix for 135ml but hopefully it’s close enough.

Still just playing with these mixes as I hardly get to use them. 2 years in the kit and I’ve only sprayed with SO a handful of times.

Also do you guys use Leaf wash every grow ? I used it on my Raspberrt Diesel and GG grow then forgot for these. Sorta wish I did.
I use leaf wash regularly in the summer. In the winter mites aren't really an issue for me, so I skip the extra work. I'm already a bit busy with all the plants I run.

I cannot imagine why when you are running just shy of 50 of them :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It's not all that bad. 19 of them are so small they mostly just sit there. And the flower room only gets bad every 3 days when 3/4 of the room suddenly all want a drink at once. Each one a different drench.

Yea.... I'm a glutton for punishment.

I did cut one that was a male and I believe another one is a male, but I'm waiting until I'm certain before I do there. So that's 2 down, to help balance out the 5 Durban I have soaking at the moment...

I'm glad these sativas super charge me.
:rollit:

Lol so you're down to 45, or is it 47? Ive had 30+ going at once and it tended to be a hassle keeping everything watered and fed lol. trying to dunk 20-25 vegging plants gets rough.
Something like that. I try to keep my veg plants that are drinking every couple days on the same cycle. That way I can line them up and dunk them while I'm working on the flower room girls. It keeps a fairly steady flow, so it only takes me an hour or two after work each day.

Morning Dopy & Gang :nomo:

4/14 yikes! Well looks like your persistence paid off. Those OG‘s look beautiful.

What strength are you mixing the TP/GE and tea to feed her ? Also for SO?

Thanks Wren, these plants look and smell promising. I do the brix every 2 weeks and have done 3 SO’s with them, especially to counteract the mid bloom fade that these strains are notorious for. 2 of the SO were before the cats, and one after. That will probably be it. I don’t do this with any of my other strains though, would be way too much. Some don’t like or need SO

They are just so hungry for high soil energy, and thrive when I give it to them. I’ve fed the soil with 30-45mL of drench and 7-10mL of tea per gal of h2O. This would be way too much for some of my other keepers, but the OG’s seem to need it, or they run out of gas. I really don’t keep to a schedule, I just look at them and decide how much to drench based on what they look like they need. Sometimes I make mistakes, but that’s how I learn.

I never did the leaf wash with these, but I usually do, and do it at flip day.

Wren, SO = Snake Oil which is used on frankenstrains that need a little extra mag.

Dopy, looking dope! Are you not journaling anymore?

:passitleft:

Thanks Bud, I closed out my 2019 journal, and just am taking some time off from journaling.

I’ve really cut back on the amount of girls I flower at a time mostly for personal use. Legalization has flooded the area with cheap Larf outdoor, and top dollar inferior dispensary products. Not me, I’ll take my dbhbb soil grown any day.

Thanks Wren, these plants look and smell promising. I do the brix every 2 weeks and have done 3 SO’s with them, especially to counteract the mid bloom fade that these strains are notorious for. 2 of the SO were before the cats, and one after. That will probably be it. I don’t do this with any of my other strains though, would be way too much. Some don’t like or need SO

They are just so hungry for high soil energy, and thrive when I give it to them. I’ve fed the soil with 30-45mL of drench and 7-10mL of tea per gal of h2O. This would be way too much for some of my other keepers, but the OG’s seem to need it, or they run out of gas. I really don’t keep to a schedule, I just look at them and decide how much to drench based on what they look like they need. Sometimes I make mistakes, but that’s how I learn.

I never did the leaf wash with these, but I usually do, and do it at flip day.

And now you're a true High Brix gardener....understanding the products and their applications on a gut level...due to experience and paying attention over time.

Well done!

Thanks Doc, Duggan, and gang, it means a lot to me. Everything I’ve learned came from this niche group here of misfits. All the techniques, philosophies, and intuition discussed here have been very formative in my approach, and I will alway consider myself a student.

Back
Top Bottom