Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thanks Doc.

In a two gallon pot how long would you recommend vegging 3-4 weeks?

I am almost to the point of dropping clones in and I am trying to figure out my schedule and timing to keep everything going smoothly.

Thanks Doc.

In a two gallon pot how long would you recommend vegging 3-4 weeks?

I am almost to the point of dropping clones in and I am trying to figure out my schedule and timing to keep everything going smoothly.

A few things:

1. Roots are probably going to grow more aggressively in High Brix medium than in supersoil.
2. I prefer mildly rootbound plants at the onset of bloom. After a pruning, lateral branching just takes off.
3. Overall plant size will probably be taller than you're used to, due to "Sativafication" in the High Brix soil.

So, keeping in mind the above and knowing your strains, try to estimate how long you would normally veg in supersoil and perhaps decrease the time 20 to 30%, IE 20 day veg now becomes a 16 day veg, etc. You're an expert grower, so you'll probably get this right easily.

I suggest doing everything exactly as you normally do, except prepare for faster root growth and larger plants. I find that putting rootbound 1 gallon plants into bloom reduces stretch just a bit, while rootbound 2 gallon plants become monsters. Depending on what you're growing you can treat each strain accordingly.

For your Bubba OG, I'd suggest upping the Transplant feedings a bit. Definitely do the "bloom drench," from the instructions:

Step Four: The Blooming/Fruiting Phase**

When it's time to transplant out of veg containers and into the final pots that will take the plant to harvest, again coat the roots with Root Zone.

**Water the fresh transplants with Bloom-Transplant a solution consisting of 1/2 oz Transplant/gallon per number of plants! For example, if I have 6 plants I'm going to use 3 oz of Transplant in a bucket of water large enough to give each plant a gallon. In this case, unless I have a six gallon bucket, I'll need two buckets. Each fresh transplant is watered in gently with one gallon of the above solution. Add 3 mil of Tea to this mix.

When going from clone to veg, use 1 pint of transplant water per instructions. Transplant water is made with one ounce of Tranplant per gallon of water.

When going from veg to bloom, especially with heavy feeders like your BubbaOG, the Bloom-tranplant option is warranted. Light feeders can get the pint per normal.

I'm very much interested to see how the BubbaOG does and waiting to see what will happen! You'll have a hard time at first when you see how "little" they get fed compared to supersoil....and the color of green might be lighter.....but they'll produce some resin for ya and the flavors will be different in a good way.

Im going to go into two gallon plastic pots to seven gallon smart pots.

And look out for the new brix journal soon probably tomorrow.

I was going to try doing a few strains but i am going to do all bubba and maybe one blackberry.

will figure it out today. Im already having fun and I have barely started yet.

Im going to go into two gallon plastic pots to seven gallon smart pots.

And look out for the new brix journal soon probably tomorrow.

I was going to try doing a few strains but i am going to do all bubba and maybe one blackberry.

will figure it out today. Im already having fun and I have barely started yet.

It's a tough call whether to do new strains, several strains or stick with what you know best. I suppose you'll be able to learn the most if you grow your BubbaOG, as you have that strain dialed in.

BTW, how is the PM issue?

Its gone now I hope. The time came where i deemed it necessary to break out the stuff that I didn't want to break out, eagle 20. while it worked really well the stuff is straight nasty. I am not going to be spraying these brix plants with any of that doc do not worry. but I had to take action on it. So for now there is no PM and I cleaned like I was cinderella man. I hate deep cleaning my room but I love it after.

I am going to do what I know best and use bubba. I wish I had some cuts of grape krush at the moment.

And let me just say that Tahoe of yours is absolutely bursting at the seams. The bud almost looks like its an uncomfortable fat kid at a high school dance with all the other stick figures lol.
really good my friend really good.

Its gone now I hope. The time came where i deemed it necessary to break out the stuff that I didn't want to break out, eagle 20. while it worked really well the stuff is straight nasty. I am not going to be spraying these brix plants with any of that doc do not worry. but I had to take action on it. So for now there is no PM and I cleaned like I was cinderella man. I hate deep cleaning my room but I love it after.

I am going to do what I know best and use bubba. I wish I had some cuts of grape krush at the moment.

And let me just say that Tahoe of yours is absolutely bursting at the seams. The bud almost looks like its an uncomfortable fat kid at a high school dance with all the other stick figures lol.
really good my friend really good.

Eagle 20 isn't really that nasty bro! It's used on all sorts of crops, including and especially wine and table grapes. In fact, 80% of all sales occur in CA in the wine industry, which is how I learned of the stuff.

It's a general use fungicide, meaning it can legally be sold over the counter to anyone. I'm not trying to persuade you to spray it on your sandwhich.....but it's not nearly as bad as you might think!

If I get cuts from other people, as i do from time to time, I like to spray them with Eagle 20 now.

RE the Tahoe OG.....those are gonna produce bulbous buds about the size of a golfball. I'm estimating 4-5 zips on each plant. Minimal staking due to higher brix than a hydro grow, etc.

I still prefer SFV OG, but I'm having fun with the Tahoe now.

I just assumed it was nasty since the guy who handed it to me had a glove on. It was a small bottle not the actual eagle 20 bottle. Probably only 20 ml of the stuff. Thats good to know that it is not as bad as I was thinking but still would prefer not to spray.

I just assumed it was nasty since the guy who handed it to me had a glove on. It was a small bottle not the actual eagle 20 bottle. Probably only 20 ml of the stuff. Thats good to know that it is not as bad as I was thinking but still would prefer not to spray.

Pages 8 and 9 go into detail about using it with grapes. The FDA has crawled up the ass of all grape grower/wine producers and this product is considered safe and effective if used properly.

Doc Bud could you please PM me. I'm new here and I'm interested in possibly purchasing your Kit. Thanks.

Doc

most of us have followed you through several different methods of growing before arriving at High Brix.

Had you not come across the High Brix, what other method might you have tried, or are going to try?

And If you weren't doing High Brix, which of your past methods would be your preference?

Doc

most of us have followed you through several different methods of growing before arriving at High Brix.

Had you not come across the High Brix, what other method might you have tried, or are going to try?

And If you weren't doing High Brix, which of your past methods would be your preference?

If I was still in the dark regarding high brix, I'd be doing organic stuff, supersoils, teas, etc.

That's the next best thing without a doubt, and given a mineralized soil and intelligent feeding, organics can achieve high brix. It's just not easy and not very reproducable.

With current high brix gear, it's just as easy to grow an acre---maybe easier---than a pound. That's one of the main reasons I chose what I'm doing right now.....I'm trying to think past prohibition and all the silly, idiotic "methods" we are forced to used due to stupid government laws.

RE the Tahoe OG.....those are gonna produce bulbous buds about the size of a golfball. I'm estimating 4-5 zips on each plant. Minimal staking due to higher brix than a hydro grow, etc.

I still prefer SFV OG, but I'm having fun with the Tahoe now.

I've never run Tahoe OG, but I just ran and currently am running SFV OG. Definitly a nug for people who hate trimming!! There are virtually all bud and no leaf!! I have to say so far my favorite OG is the University Hill's OG that I am running... its made of the same things that dreams are!!! lol

I've never run Tahoe OG, but I just ran and currently am running SFV OG. Definitly a nug for people who hate trimming!! There are virtually all bud and no leaf!! I have to say so far my favorite OG is the University Hill's OG that I am running... its made of the same things that dreams are!!! lol

Hey Ice!

what's the lineage of the University Hills OG? Seems like there are a dozen of 'em out there now.

The "original" OG's were the Larry, Tahoe and SFV. I'm not sure where the others came from.

I love 'em!

Hey Ice!

what's the lineage of the University Hills OG? Seems like there are a dozen of 'em out there now.

The "original" OG's were the Larry, Tahoe and SFV. I'm not sure where the others came from.

I love 'em!

It took me hours of searching around the net to find the lineage of it, but so far this is what I could put together.

University Hills OG= Unknown OG x Free Tibet (Nepalese Hash Plant x Afghani Hawaiian) x Professional 3-Way [(Unknown DJ short x Unknown Sensi Seeds) x Northern Lights #5 male)]

OG used, I couldn't find the info, I would have to say it could be SFV since it is commonly used for many other OG hybrids.
Free Tibet (Nepalese Hash Plant x Afghani Hawaiian)
Professional 3-Way [(Unknown DJ short x Unknown Sensi Seeds) x Northern Lights #5 male)]

Its definitely a more fruity tasting OG with a very full flavor, all the way to the ash you taste the flavor and the high is definitely a slightly more indica type heavy high than the typical sativa type high from OG's. The growth traits are very similar to the typical OG where it has long thin branches that can't support the buds, long internode distances, and the pinecone shaped buds (however they are longer than most OG's are and have more leaves to bud than most other og's) Definitely a slightly higher yield than other OG's I've had as well.

It took me hours of searching around the net to find the lineage of it, but so far this is what I could put together.

University Hills OG= Unknown OG x Free Tibet (Nepalese Hash Plant x Afghani Hawaiian) x Professional 3-Way [(Unknown DJ short x Unknown Sensi Seeds) x Northern Lights #5 male)]

OG used, I couldn't find the info, I would have to say it could be SFV since it is commonly used for many other OG hybrids.
Free Tibet (Nepalese Hash Plant x Afghani Hawaiian)
Professional 3-Way [(Unknown DJ short x Unknown Sensi Seeds) x Northern Lights #5 male)]

Its definitely a more fruity tasting OG with a very full flavor, all the way to the ash you taste the flavor and the high is definitely a slightly more indica type heavy high than the typical sativa type high from OG's. The growth traits are very similar to the typical OG where it has long thin branches that can't support the buds, long internode distances, and the pinecone shaped buds (however they are longer than most OG's are and have more leaves to bud than most other og's) Definitely a slightly higher yield than other OG's I've had as well.

Gonna have to check that out! I grew some Platinum OG....and from what I could tell there was nothing "Og" about it. Decent, above average smoke, however.

Good day! Been following your grows since joining. I am interested in a kit. Could you contact me?
Thanks,

C99 and Lemon Paki. The C99 is blowing me away with resin production. 4 weeks to go for c99, 7 for the paki.
Picture_006194.jpg
Picture_005212.jpg
Picture_004221.jpg
Picture_003226.jpg
Picture_002225.jpg
Picture_001230.jpg

Hey Doc........No way...already looking like you wanna just chop it up ,and make a sandwhich out of it.!!lol How long can they go Doc?Have you ,just let one or two go real long to see how the resin deals with itself. I remember you saying how the colour wants to stay green ,and that getting the resin to "fade" to dark takes longer. Doc, can you tell me where i can get my hands on some beans of your Lemon Paki or c99? After my run with the mk ultra in the "kit" soil i would love to give them a go! Hi brix growing is getting the most out of them...or is ther still another level?:) Hats off Doc...they look great! Later, Duggan.

Back
Top Bottom