Dresney's First Grow - Organic - Indoor - GDP - Trainwreck

Hello Cerdito, sorry I didn't respond to your post. I am learning how to get all my journal entries in the same thread. I seem to have started about ten threads and I am oh so lost. Admin is helping me, I assume because I reached out to them and they are always so helpful. To answer your question, I have three 6500k cfs. They are in a little 2 by 3 grow box. Here is where I am in the grow.I will attach pictures. The roots haven't broken out of the pod yet or I would have put her in soil. Still waiting
DAY_1410.jpg

Merry Christmas Dresney!

My B-Day is Jan 10th, I feel your niece's pain haha!

:xmas: Merry Christmas Dres, hope you had a joyous day :tokin:

hi mate,
hows the clones doing, im pages behind so skipping and reading as much as i can.

i just read your comment about not watering when your normally would of, well i found that letting the plants go longer without water makes them grow much quicker, my plants was going every 5 or 6 days between feeds, but now i let them go 8 or 9 days between waterings or more depending on when the pot dried out, i dont let my plants wilt but the pots get really dry and light then i let them go a few more days before i water, this extra oxygen at the roots really sped up my growth rate and also increased bud size,

the strain hunters flush their plants 3 times in flower and totally let them dry out before feeding them again, i dont flush but i water a lot less often now and my plants grow a lot quicker and producing heavier yields compared with the same strains grown in the past, i used to water using a rota, but now i let them totally dry out and then i wait a couple more days,

OK Dres, it's almost time to get into character.

THE REPS ARE RIGHT returns this Sunday with it's long awaited 4th episode! Look below in my SIGNATURE for details. Be there or be square...

Hi, guys :ciao:

Hope everyone had a great holiday and is preparing for the big party soon. :tokin:

I haven't done an update on the big girls in a while.

Here are they are today - day 75

Pascalle

gdp1227131.jpg

Loretta

tw1227136.jpg

I found this weird thing on one of Pascalle's stems.

gdp1227132.jpg

The little white bump. It was hard and almost felt seashell-ish if that makes sense. It crushed into fragments when I squeezed it; it wasn't wet at all. It reminded me of a tiny little snail shell. That was the only one I saw. Anyone have any ideas about it?

Here are the girls HPS-bathing while I adjusted their veg-nook lights. (I've had to raise their lights four times this week.)

1227131.jpg

Okay, so originally I was going to feed them one more veg feed before flipping, but I'm not sure about my plan anymore. I'm flipping 1/1 (5 days from now). They were fed on Monday (4 days ago). I don't want to give them a veg feed just one or two days before flipping... or do I? I figured I could wait until flip day and then give them their first 'flower' feed on that same day. That will be 9 days between feedings. This is the route I'm leaning towards unless someone advises me otherwise.

I'm probably going to take some clones tonight. I started making my bubble cloner.

I might do an update on the v2.0 aka v0.0.1s later. They're still hanging in there, I think.

See you guys later!

:green_heart:

Hey Dresney looking all kinds of bushy and bright! Great going as usual :). On the feeding bit look at it this way , when they go through stretch period of flower they are basically on a big growth phase spurt. So if you want big stretch Id carry on feeding growth phase nutes.
If you want little stretch go with bloom nutes. As I want stretch with my mature flux girl now she has been flipped, ill be staying with growth nutes for another week or so. Then when I either run out of room or when stretch is over then Ill hit my girl with the bloom phase nutes.
Hope that makes sense :)

Hi, guys :ciao:

Hope everyone had a great holiday and is preparing for the big party soon. :tokin:

I haven't done an update on the big girls in a while.

Here are they are today - day 75

Pascalle

gdp1227131.jpg

Loretta

tw1227136.jpg

I found this weird thing on one of Pascalle's stems.

gdp1227132.jpg

The little white bump. It was hard and almost felt seashell-ish if that makes sense. It crushed into fragments when I squeezed it; it wasn't wet at all. It reminded me of a tiny little snail shell. That was the only one I saw. Anyone have any ideas about it?

Here are the girls HPS-bathing while I adjusted their veg-nook lights. (I've had to raise their lights four times this week.)

1227131.jpg

Okay, so originally I was going to feed them one more veg feed before flipping, but I'm not sure about my plan anymore. I'm flipping 1/1 (5 days from now). They were fed on Monday (4 days ago). I don't want to give them a veg feed just one or two days before flipping... or do I? I figured I could wait until flip day and then give them their first 'flower' feed on that same day. That will be 9 days between feedings. This is the route I'm leaning towards unless someone advises me otherwise.

I'm probably going to take some clones tonight. I started making my bubble cloner.

I might do an update on the v2.0 aka v0.0.1s later. They're still hanging in there, I think.

See you guys later!

:green_heart:

Looking good Dresney :thumb:

Crikey Dres they look awesome :thedoubletake:

I think that little nodule may have been a dried sap bubble. Anyhows it doesn't look serious.

Maybe you can let those girls rip with some more veg feed now ya got all that light to throw at em.

Max that yield Girl. :idea:

Looking wonderful ad bushy and great!

I found something exactly the same a while ago, and the way it crumbled reminded me of tree sap, so I just assumed it was a bit of lady leakage from the stem. So much goodness inside it can't wait to be let out!

xx

Thanks for all the lovely words, everyone. :circle-of-love:

LA, thanks for shedding some light (ha) on the veg/flower nutrient thing. I'm not sure if I want stretch or not. Is there a benefit to having stretch when they flip, as long as there is head room?

I think I will probably do one more veg feed and then take some clones immediately after.

@potzila.
the flushing is something that most growers only do if they have problems, but i then watched some strain hunters vids and it made me change the way i grow, pm me if you want to watch the vids, a few members have watched them now, basically they do side by side grows with hydro and soil, now they end up with huge buds but i know their soil grown plants could do much better as it seems they are more hydro than soil growers as i know my soil plants tend to get bigger than theirs but they ended up with huge buds,

they didnt flush at all during veg, they flushed at the end of veg after the stretch period, then let it dry out before starting the flowering nutes, then during flower they flush 2 or 3 times and flush everything out the soil and totally let the pots dry out so their very light to pick up, then they start with the flowering nutes again, they usually flush 3 times and what happens is you flush the growing medium out so the roots are getting nothing but oxygen, this is suppose to ensure the buds get bigger which ive noticed seems to happen, in veg all i do is water the plants then totally let the pots dry out before watering again, my pots are really light when i water them, i dont let the plants wilt but i was watering every 4 or 5 days and now im watering every 7 to 9 days and my plants grow much quicker using this method.

so during veg i feed as normal, i dont fliush in veg and neither did strain hunters, but ive found letting the pots totally dry out between waterings gives the plant a boost and growth is pretty crazy, then in flower i flush 3 times, i feed as normal then the next time a feed is due ill flush and totally let the pots dry out, i do this at least twice in flower, the only problem to watch for is if you dont let the pots totally dry out then your gaining nothing, you will just stunt growth and it wont increase bud size, so as long as you let the pots totally dry out then it works ok,

ive also tried not flushing in flower and get similar results, i found if i fed nutrients then let it dry out, then the next time nutrients are due i just use plain water instead of flushing, by doing this the plant is using up all the nutes in the soil and when it dries out it allows the roots just to take in oxygen, so as long as the pot totally dries out between feeds or waterings then i guarantee your plants will grow quicker and produce more, i dont let my plants wilt, before id water about every 4 or 5 days or when the top 2 or 3 inches of soil was dry, but now i let them go longer without water im getting much better results, i dont let them wilt but they easily go between 7 and 10 days between waterings now and the results are much better.

theirs only 2 things that will increase bud size and potency.
1 is co2
2 is oxygen at the roots,
if you want the links to strain hunters vids drop me a msg, they do side by side grows with lots of strains and give lots of info,

sorry for hyjacking this journal
peace

@Dres, plants look great, they look really healthy my friend,
what nutes are you using, you probably mentioned this before but im sub'd to lots of journals, what ever your giving them seems to be working,

Back
Top Bottom