Duggan Does Kosher Kush With DBHBB: 4 Plants, Two Pots, Lots Of LEDs!

Would be nice bud...:thumb:.my foreman comes back tomorrow from a three week trip to Greece....so....plus i took this Fri off as a holiday cuz my youngest has an all day PD Day hockey camp that i have to be around for....well at least drive him and pick him up...but i always like to watch him play....he looks for me . Cheers pal! ...Wow we're having high humidity and hi temps...not good for my GR...temps are pushing high eighties with RH of hi 70's. I 'm a lil worried but not too much as the buds are still forming and are not too big or too dense to handle the hi RH right now but i need it to drop over the next few weeks or i may be in some trouble. Anyhow have a great day Major ....and all my other brotha's ....and sista's.:circle-of-love:
Just wondering why it is bad to have high humidity in bloom? I was understanding that you should try and bring down rh in the last week or two before harvest but should it be done before that?
Sorry for the noob question but thanks in advance :)

Just wondering why it is bad to have high humidity in bloom? I was understanding that you should try and bring down rh in the last week or two before harvest but should it be done before that?

Morning FTM, ya with the hi RH....it's never good to have it high any time but when it's over about 70% and the buds are full, thick and dense , mold will start ...almost all the time. i have three fans running in there now with two of em on 24/7/365 while the one comes on with the lights. When the colas and buds are very dense , they can't breath properly with high RH,...that's why it's soo important to have lots of air circulating over and under the canopy.I lost a very nice cola a few grows ago with my "Desfran" grow, but those colas were stupid big and dense. It would be ideal if the RH was at between 50-60% with a temp. of 75-80F. Anyhow , have a great day FTM!:high-five:

I feel your pain - even outdoors. We're supposed to hit upper 90's in a couple of days. I wrapped my soft pot pots with an old sheet to help with the temperature. At least they are white now - not black, and I can spray them with water to provide a bit of evaporative cooling.

High RH with dense buds can promote bud rot or other mold. This can happen well before the final week or two. Keep your air circulation up and a close eye on those buds, bud.

Thanks guys.
I'm able to get my rh down to 30%-50% at the moment with good air flow and I'm in my last two weeks until harvest so I think all should be good.
Thanks again for the info! :)

Yes Five. don't worry ...even at 50% you are still very good . Mine is at 75% .:thedoubletake:..now I should worry. The only good part is ...that the colas are not too dense yet and the general look of the canopy promotes good air flow. If it was very late in bloom with dense colas and buds , bud rot and mold would almost certainly be there with such high RH . Cheers FTM , have an awesome Sunday evening.:high-five:

Let's hope for lower humidity ... soon!

Let's hope for lower humidity ... soon!

Ya Major,....well , i couldn't take it any more ...for pete's sake,...there was water dripping off my cold water (main line) in my basement(same level as GR but in the LR). I decided to bring out the big heavy (fairly new) De Humid. But keep it in the laundry room where that pipe was. It's set up to maintain 50%. It'l prolly run , non stop for a day , i figure. Very happy to say it is working very well and that pipe is now totally dry only one hour later. I've got it set up with a funnel (epoxy'd on ) and clear hose running into my main basement , floor drain. It's just what the lower level needed, ...now my air intake for the GR will be supplying dryer air,...hopefully this will get it down from near 80% in the GR...yikes.

Top of the day to ya's...well, i had a scare last night! The power went OFF at 10:30....didn't come back on untill ....ya check this out.....4:20, back on.:blunt::slide: That meant i had to get my sorry ass out of bed and spring into action....the RH in the basement shot back up to 80% , so i had to re-program the Dehumid, then get to the GR timers and advance them to the present time (4:20)...that meant they were in the dark for 6 full hours ,with nothing...no lights, no air flow, no nothing, then on for the last 30 min's. cuz the 12/12 cycle is from 5-5. Oh well, very helpless in that situation...nothing else to do but advance the two timers and go back to bed. Lights will be coming on in about 20 min's. or so....i think i'l just leave them alone tonight and not turn lights off for a photo update ....have to wait a bit , i don't want to stress them after last night. Crappy sleep ....waiting for the power to come on....not good....stressful , as i had just purchased a 200 dollar grocery order....yikes. anyhow , have an awesome night everyone!:circle-of-love:

At least that old 4:20 magic got things straightened out for ya. :volcano-smiley:

Top of the day to ya's...well, i had a scare last night! The power went OFF at 10:30....didn't come back on untill ....ya check this out.....4:20, back on.:blunt::slide: That meant i had to get my sorry ass out of bed and spring into action....the RH in the basement shot back up to 80% , so i had to re-program the Dehumid, then get to the GR timers and advance them to the present time (4:20)...that meant they were in the dark for 6 full hours ,with nothing...no lights, no air flow, no nothing, then on for the last 30 min's. cuz the 12/12 cycle is from 5-5. Oh well, very helpless in that situation...nothing else to do but advance the two timers and go back to bed. Lights will be coming on in about 20 min's. or so....i think i'l just leave them alone tonight and not turn lights off for a photo update ....have to wait a bit , i don't want to stress them after last night. Crappy sleep ....waiting for the power to come on....not good....stressful , as i had just purchased a 200 dollar grocery order....yikes. anyhow , have an awesome night everyone!:circle-of-love:

You obviously do not live in town for your power to be out that long, or if you do, your power company really sucks. I know that my brothers place has lost power and because he lives out in the country it takes longer to fix the issues, mainly because how power companies set their priorities, fix the areas that effect the greats mass 1st then work on the rest later.
Not the greatest fix but definitely one which would resolve this from ever happening again would be to install a transfer switch in your electrical panel and buy a small gas powered generator. When you loose power, click the fire up the generator, flip the transfer switch go back to bed, when you wake up, shut generator off, flip transfer switch back to power company and go about your day. Most power outages can be handled this way though depending on the size of your generator a small one will only handle your grow plus maybe the refrigerator and freezer... the party will have to be canceled unless you want to play an acoustical guitar and rock out by candle light :thumb:

You obviously do not live in town for your power to be out that long, or if you do, your power company really sucks. I know that my brothers place has lost power and because he lives out in the country it takes longer to fix the issues, mainly because how power companies set their priorities, fix the areas that effect the greats mass 1st then work on the rest later.
Not the greatest fix but definitely one which would resolve this from ever happening again would be to install a transfer switch in your electrical panel and buy a small gas powered generator. When you loose power, click the fire up the generator, flip the transfer switch go back to bed, when you wake up, shut generator off, flip transfer switch back to power company and go about your day. Most power outages can be handled this way though depending on the size of your generator a small one will only handle your grow plus maybe the refrigerator and freezer... the party will have to be canceled unless you want to play an acoustical guitar and rock out by candle light :thumb:

Thanks for this OG. Ya, i'm an electrician (30 yrs.) so , i've thought of the transfer switch thing already but that's a lot of dough ...a lot!!
And believe it or not , i'm almost right in the middle of my city. When this sort of thing happens , which isn't very often , it usually comes back on pretty quick. they had a blown transformer they had to replace , so that took a few hours. it was ok, cuz it came back on before i left for work , so i was able to get everything set up again. But ya bud,...a transfer switch would be optimum, for sure! Thanks OG!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom