Dynomyco We Want You: Side-by-Side Comparative Grow By BakedARea

Wow! Beautiful picture!
Hey Dynomyco team! Thanks for swinging by. Round 2!
Keep up the good photography work Baked! The Dynomyco pic looks like something they can use in their marketing. :welldone:
Thanks Shed! Appreciate it.
Looking good Baked and nice photos :) looks like a classic baking book cover with little something extra ;)
Thanks TC!
Here we go! C'mon babies :cheer:
Waiting to get off work so I can rush out to the greenhouse and hopefully see some babies popped through the soil.
I'm in for this ride.

Have you used, or plan to use, Terpinator and Massive? Geoflora has it on their advanced feeding chart, think I'm going to try.
Hey Tim! Thanks for joining. I have no plans of using Terpinator or Massive.
:goodluck: with the germination!
I need as much of it as possible after the last batch. I hate hurdles sometimes.

Well, I'm very concerned. I still have zero babies breaching the surface. Not going to lie. Feeling defeated this morning. I think they should have breached by now. I gave the general area where the seeds are a squirt of water again.

Working on plan C in my head right now. Hopefully these are just slow because of the environment. But I feel that I need to drop more seeds anyway. Just keep them all inside and warm. Until I have enough growth to be confident they will survive the transition outside. I find it hard to believe that none of them have come up by now. There must be something I'm doing wrong here. Stay tuned and thanks for following along.

Sorry to hear about your struggles Baked but they might still pop it’s been 3-4 days right? Try maybe waiting for 7 or so has anyone else started their journals yet? I’m sure you have time
Thanks 12. The only journals I have seen is me and @Darade . There is still time! I'm just really bummed to see seeds take so long. But you're right. I'm still going to wait a few more days before I start digging to find them. I don't want to pop more seeds than I have to. I have plenty to pop though.

Thanks 12. The only journals I have seen is me and @Darade . There is still time! I'm just really bummed to see seeds take so long. But you're right. I'm still going to wait a few more days before I start digging to find them. I don't want to pop more seeds than I have to. I have plenty to pop though.
I had one survive a snow storm and a wife determined to garden couldn’t believe my eyes when it sprouted and now it’s growing strong
201BED65-0F93-47F2-8400-2CA7072897BA.jpeg

I had one survive a snow storm and a wife determined to garden couldn’t believe my eyes when it sprouted and now it’s growing strong
201BED65-0F93-47F2-8400-2CA7072897BA.jpeg
Dude that's awesome! They are truly resilient plants. I'm worried about maybe my cold nights are keeping them from popping up. Your post makes me think otherwise now! Thanks 12 for that shot of hope!

Dude that's awesome! They are truly resilient plants. I'm worried about maybe my cold nights are keeping them from popping up. Your post makes me think otherwise now! Thanks 12 for that shot of hope!
Last grow, between the cold nights and over watering a bit, it took some of Mt seeds like 12 days to pop....but they did! One popped at 4 days, the rest were a week later. Of course I started popping more and ended up with 8 seedlings, gave two away and grew 6 haha

gave two away and grew 6 haha
I just gave away a Zkittlez I started back on 4/20. I had a muck up with transitioning clones out too early and they started flowering. :rolleyes: :(:( I gave him some of those clones. Crappy feeling to be handing someone disappointment like that. I think you are right about this statement. I should probably just drop a bunch more, keep them warmer and just give away what I can't keep. I appreciate that nudge.

switch up your technique, go either direct sow, or the paper towel and ziplock method! So far I’ve had nearly 95% success with direct sow. I know to each their own, but I suggest running an experiment. :)

Hi baked sorry about the trouble with your beanz my friend... Late last year I had a few give me issues popping and I figured it was temps....so I put them up on top of my fridge towards the back and the radiant heat from that was enough to help a couple pop....idk if you've tried this or have them on a heat mat..but I figured I'd way in and try to help...

On another note this why I always 100% sand my edges Everytime.... Makes even the toughest shell split.

But good luck growmie. Love and light

switch up your technique, go either direct sow, or the paper towel and ziplock method! So far I’ve had nearly 95% success with direct sow. I know to each their own, but I suggest running an experiment. :)
Yup agreed toss the paper towel like your supposed to and put the babies in the dirt from soak.... And agreed again it's a high sprout rate.

Hi baked sorry about the trouble with your beanz my friend... Late last year I had a few give me issues popping and I figured it was temps....so I put them up on top of my fridge towards the back and the radiant heat from that was enough to help a couple pop....idk if you've tried this or have them on a heat mat..but I figured I'd way in and try to help...
Yeah, I'm thinking the cold is just enough to stunt them or cause too much stress. It is worth the try to warm them up and baby them.
On another note this why I always 100% sand my edges Everytime.... Makes even the toughest shell split.
I have never done the sandpaper trick. May need to give that a try too.
But good luck growmie. Love and light
Much appreciated! Blessings right back at ya!
put the babies in the dirt from soak
That is what I have been doing. Soaked until the hull breached and direct into the soil they go. I stopped the papertowel and baggie trick last year. I have also done direct sow. I prefer the soak and hull breach approach.

A couple of these recent ones didn't open but were swollen and looked "ready" to plant. The previous four seeds where I went 1-3, same thing. All of them had tails and they went in looking perfect.

Those 4 were just coco/perlite mix. But one did breach! And is perfectly happy. Why not the others though?

And now 0-8 in a living soil for 3 days with this batch. Causing lots of questions. Too many! Haaa haaa. Too lit right now to be asking myself questions. Too much other crazy shit starts popping in from unknown places in my brain.
:passitleft:

Yeah, I'm thinking the cold is just enough to stunt them or cause too much stress. It is worth the try to warm them up and baby them.

I have never done the sandpaper trick. May need to give that a try too.

Much appreciated! Blessings right back at ya!

That is what I have been doing. Soaked until the hull breached and direct into the soil they go. I stopped the papertowel and baggie trick last year. I have also done direct sow. I prefer the soak and hull breach approach.

A couple of these recent ones didn't open but were swollen and looked "ready" to plant. The previous four seeds where I went 1-3, same thing. All of them had tails and they went in looking perfect.

Those 4 were just coco/perlite mix. But one did breach! And is perfectly happy. Why not the others though?

And now 0-8 in a living soil for 3 days with this batch. Causing lots of questions. Too many! Haaa haaa. Too lit right now to be asking myself questions. Too much other crazy shit starts popping in from unknown places in my brain.
:passitleft:
Love the photography first off lol but sometimes we need give them a little extra love. I think a day or two should be good with a little extra help.

But for the seed sanding once I started doing it....I cannot not do it now as I have seen nothing but quick germination rates from it....

You can only go as fast as they allow Baked. Good move on the warm up. Mine go real slow if I don't do that.
Yeah. You're definitely right. I was hoping to see better results at this point. I want strong plants right out of the gate to accept whatever I give them. No matter what. Haaa haaa.

Back
Top Bottom