Fun, Friendly But Still Serious Outdoor Guerrilla Grow Show 2018

You bet! @flytier

No rules here just grow outside and hang here sometimes :D

This is the best thread for those wanting to journal or showcase their outdoor plants without all the hassle and commitment of your own thread!

Armadillos don't really get after the plants (thankfully) but they tear up the soil pretty good searching for bugs.
Pretty funny.... one of the best baits for trapping armadillo is mini-marshmallows. Had to trap a few and the damn marshmallows worked every time. :eek:
Oh Yeah, you guys have 'dillos too in the SW. Didn't even dawn on me. Deer, rabbits and slugs are the culprits here in AtlCan

So the battle of the slugs is not just mine:D

I’ve tried everything to keep those bastards away! Has anyone tried diatomaceous earth? I’ve heard it works well for pests including slugs!

I’m currently making raised beds for my garden this year because I can’t win against the slugs...we wait and watch

@ShipwrecKed thanks for joining! That OGK looks delish! Any pal of Smeegs is a pal of mine:)
I thought that diatoms killed by wearing away the insects' exoskeleton at the joints. How would it affect slugs?

howdy howdy everyone, like that's how you get left behind with this journal, pg6 already.....lol

What kind of climate do you guys have this time of year?
We are half way through winter now, but it's been a really mild winter luckily days are nice mid 20's most days and the coldest we've had is 8c at night but no frost yet either. Mostly dry climate all the way through with the odd shower of rain....

and Smeegs little plot twist is @ShipwrecKed is my brother that lives on the farm......lol hasn't started a journal yet, I just got him started on his mobile phone earlier this afternoon as he also wants in on my new :420: family......:cheer::love: so I'll be doing less updates about the farm on my journal

We just want to see big bad plants by September/October
Maybe I should plant an outdoor version of The Hulk like I have in my growroom. Talk about big and bad.

Time to go back to work. I'll catch up next break.

I am not sure, I saw someone suggest it on the non green gardening forum I am on for my region. I thought I’d ask here! I’ll do some research! I also was informed that nematodes will eat slugs?? Anyone know

Maybe I should plant an outdoor version of The Hulk like I have in my growroom. Talk about big and bad.

Time to go back to work. I'll catch up next break.
Looks like I’m signing up for another journal! Lol why don’t you have it in your signature?

howdy howdy everyone, like that's how you get left behind with this journal, pg6 already.....lol

We are half way through winter now, but it's been a really mild winter luckily days are nice mid 20's most days and the coldest we've had is 8c at night but no frost yet either. Mostly dry climate all the way through with the odd shower of rain....

and Smeegs little plot twist is @ShipwrecKed is my brother that lives on the farm......lol hasn't started a journal yet, I just got him started on his mobile phone earlier this afternoon as he also wants in on my new :420: family......:cheer::love: so I'll be doing less updates about the farm on my journal
Glad you got your bro on here, he’s already uploading pics so he’s smart too!

I knew this would be a popular journal, I’m going to have a hard time catching up everyday! Lol

Glad you got some pros in here to help out, speaking of pros, where’s my pal @Pennywise I know you got to move first bro but come hang out here and we need poofs!!

So the outdoor haze2.0 auto by dinafem I took pics of today has got some crazy color which I'm assuming is because it's winter out, cause I'm loving the color, shes went past due pluck date on the 5th of this month.... Would you guys have a squizz please and see if we can figure out more or less how she's doing.... Wanna order a loupe this week..... Her leaves when I examined are turning almost maroon black color but healthy.....

thank you.....:high-five:

I am not sure, I saw someone suggest it on the non green gardening forum I am on for my region. I thought I’d ask here! I’ll do some research! I also was informed that nematodes will eat slugs?? Anyone know
A lot of nematodes are parasitic, which is why I a little wary of them. I'd do a search on that first.

Looks like I’m signing up for another journal! Lol why don’t you have it in your signature?
The last Sig I had got deleted and I haven't bothered with a replacement.

A lot of nematodes are parasitic, which is why I a little wary of them. I'd do a search on that first.
My wife is a licensed pest control applicator. I'll ask her opinion. She deals with a bunch of lake homes that actually have soil moist enough for slimy critters.

My wife is a licensed pest control applicator. I'll ask her opinion. She deals with a bunch of lake homes that actually have soil moist enough for slimy critters.
That would be awesome! They are not sliming around yet but I’m sure their eggs will be hatching from everywhere soon

That would be awesome! They are not sliming around yet but I’m sure their eggs will be hatching from everywhere soon
I saw slug trails inside the greenhouse yesterday. They only seemed to go after one plant, and to my surprise, it was the hot pepper plant. The munched it up a bit, but didn’t touch the newly forming flower/fruit sites near the stems. Didn’t even bat an eye at the pot plants....hold on, do slugs have eyes? They do in drawings I think. Must be time to have another rip and go slug hunting for the answer. Google is just too easy, lol.

Just remembering my Invertebrate Zoology.

I saw slug trails inside the greenhouse yesterday. They only seemed to go after one plant, and to my surprise, it was the hot pepper plant. The munched it up a bit, but didn’t touch the newly forming flower/fruit sites near the stems. Didn’t even bat an eye at the pot plants....hold on, do slugs have eyes? They do in drawings I think. Must be time to have another rip and go slug hunting for the answer. Google is just too easy, lol.
If Google is too easy, get yourself a magnifier.

Slugs are molluscs, as are octopi and squid, which have amazingly advanced eyes. They don't even have the blind spot like we do. Not sure what slugs have though.

Back
Top Bottom