Fun In The Sun 2016 - Tiger - Ape - Pitbull - Gorilla & More - Run Wild

Bringing these pots back indoor would sure be pain in the ass, but it's doable I guess.

The cages are 2'x2' and weigh about 150 pounds when bone dry and more than 200 pounds after watering. 10' of plant + 2' of pot = 12'.
Nope, not gonna fit in the shower. :rofl:

Brain salad surgery, I had that album.
I always struggled with the way it opened in the center trying to be ever so careful. O r am i remembering wrong.
:hippy:

Good question. I still have it, but don't remember. I'll have to pull it out and refresh my memory. :thumb:

What about a make shift green house over the Sativas if the summer doesn't cooperate?

Possibly, but if they hit the 10' mark, it would be a tough build for me. They are spread out over a 16' area, although the two Sativa slow pokes would need about a 12'x7' area covered.

Possibly, but if they hit the 10' mark, it would be a tough build for me. They are spread out over a 16' area, although the two Sativa slow pokes would need about a 12'x7' area covered.

Mornin Major..big area...so what....you can DO IT! Get some 6ml poly and rig up some poles ....done...pretty easy , peasy eh! Well maybe not!:)
Have an awesome day down there Major .....cheers gang!:circle-of-love:

Beautiful property Major!!! Beautiful plants!!!! I wonder how much you LST'd them???? My yard grow is budding. I checked and im at 50 deg lat. or long. ? I cant remember!!!!
Thays going to be the name of my strain...... C.R.S. Cant remember shit! Or D.H.I.I..... Dont hold it in!

Good morning Major,

your ladies look great :bravo:
I am guessing in the next week you should start seeing some signs of flowering, if not in the next 7 days, the next 14 for sure. I know last year my indica was flowering way before my sativa. Appears we may both be in the same boat come this fall, Heres to a dry fall:thumb:

Mornin Major..big area...so what....you can DO IT! Get some 6ml poly and rig up some poles ....done...pretty easy , peasy eh! Well maybe not!:)
It is weekend eve. Always a good day! Should be just over 100 degrees today. I gotta get down to the garden and begin the watering.
Have a great weekend!

Beautiful property Major!!! Beautiful plants!!!! I wonder how much you LST'd them???? My yard grow is budding. I checked and im at 50 deg lat. or long. ? I cant remember!!!!
Thays going to be the name of my strain...... C.R.S. Cant remember shit! Or D.H.I.I..... Dont hold it in!
Not a lot of training. I did a lot of topping and did a little supercropping early on along with a little LST, but by now that is all out the window. I've learned if you LST too much outdoors with Indicas, they just grow outward and have a difficult time holding their branches up since they grow almost horizontally. I've pruned about half of everything I started with so all my training may have been for naught.

Good morning Major,

your ladies look great :bravo:
I am guessing in the next week you should start seeing some signs of flowering, if not in the next 7 days, the next 14 for sure. I know last year my indica was flowering way before my sativa. Appears we may both be in the same boat come this fall, Heres to a dry fall:thumb:
My PB and AS last year had buds by mid-August. I expect to see them any day now. I can tell they are on the verge of popping. Here's to a long dry fall. :high-five:

Major Pita, what do you think about "Bud Washing"? First ive heard of it.

I've always done it sing I began growing again. Once you see all the crap that come off your harvest, I think you'll be a believer too.
I use two 5 gal buckets. One bucket has plain room-temp water (not hot and not cold). The other has water but I add 1/2 cup each of lemon juice and sodium bicarb' (baking soda). I add the BS first and stir well to let it dissolve. When I'm ready to wash (immediately after chopping), I add the juice and stir just to combine. Swish colas gently, rinse, allow to drip dry, hang to dry like usual.

Dirty wash water on left. Rinse water on right. Don't smoke bug and bird shit, or other nasty stuff (insecticide, dirt, small critters, cat hair, etc.).
Bud_Wash2.jpg

Nice countryside you have Major i'd love a house with a view like that, ya so lucky :high-five:

Girls are looking fine, how much longer in till harvest another few months ? i don't grow out doors myself & watching your journal is an interesting learning curve.

Hey Duggan! You are assuming that Major has a young strong body and can be climbing up and down 16' ladders all day long! (Old Lady, ducking, grinning, and hobbling away as fast as I can)

Nice countryside you have Major i'd love a house with a view like that, ya so lucky :high-five:

Girls are looking fine, how much longer in till harvest another few months ? i don't grow out doors myself & watching your journal is an interesting learning curve.
Thanks, FD!
My guess is, the Grape Ape x Sensi Star will come down first. That will probably be late September or the first week in October. I'm hoping for Sept. 25-30th. Next to hit the chopping block should be either Ace of Spades or Gorilla Glue #4. I'm thinking early October for them, which is why I want GASS done and curing by then. With any luck, Liberty Haze will be a week or two behind, putting me well into mid-October. If Golden Tiger(+) and Zamaldelica(+) manage a finish, it will likely be way into November - even December. November doesn't grow much of anything around here, so... :straightface:

Hey Duggan! You are assuming that Major has a young strong body and can be climbing up and down 16' ladders all day long! (Old Lady, ducking, grinning, and hobbling away as fast as I can)
I'm up for a little creative DIY, but this would be challenging. 12'+ posts with that much surface area, is very difficult to keep. When we get a little wind, the plastic becomes one big sail. We'll see what the cannabis gods have in store come late October.

Ya...I guess I overlooked that part eh...AK...damn body starts fallin apart! I know the feeling. Cheers and thanks for the reminder....now my legs are really tired....:tokin:
Cheers and have an awesome night AK, Major and gang!:circle-of-love:

I've always done it sing I began growing again. Once you see all the crap that come off your harvest, I think you'll be a believer too.
I use two 5 gal buckets. One bucket has plain room-temp water (not hot and not cold). The other has water but I add 1/2 cup each of lemon juice and sodium bicarb' (baking soda). I add the BS first and stir well to let it dissolve. When I'm ready to wash (immediately after chopping), I add the juice and stir just to combine. Swish colas gently, rinse, allow to drip dry, hang to dry like usual.

Dirty wash water on left. Rinse water on right. Don't smoke bug and bird shit, or other nasty stuff (insecticide, dirt, small critters, cat hair, etc.).
Bud_Wash2.jpg
And whats wrong with smoking a little bird poop or cat hair, rumor has it that it adds to the overall flavor.
Ok I confess I wash all of my bud too and your right, once you start there is no going back.

Thanks, FD!
My guess is, the Grape Ape x Sensi Star will come down first. That will probably be late September or the first week in October. I'm hoping for Sept. 25-30th. Next to hit the chopping block should be either Ace of Spades or Gorilla Glue #4. I'm thinking early October for them, which is why I want GASS done and curing by then. With any luck, Liberty Haze will be a week or two behind, putting me well into mid-October. If Golden Tiger(+) and Zamaldelica(+) manage a finish, it will likely be way into November - even December. November doesn't grow much of anything around here, so... :straightface:

Oh have a little faith my brother from another mother. You have 2 plants that are problem children, I have 4 though my cherry pie did show signs of pre flowers this morning so hopefully over the next couple of days I can say I only have 3 problem children.

I'm up for a little creative DIY, but this would be challenging. 12'+ posts with that much surface area, is very difficult to keep. When we get a little wind, the plastic becomes one big sail. We'll see what the cannabis gods have in store come late October.
1st off you do not need 12' posts 4 to 6 foot posts will be more then tall enough. Take a short piece of rebar or steel rod and wire tie it to the top of the tee-post with about 6 to 8 inches above the top of the post. Next take some 3/4" PVC pipe and glue it into a 20 foot length, with a Tee in between the 2 10 foot pieces of PVC. make 2 to 3 of these. Next glue a 5 foot piece between the 20 foot pieces to create an H shape with the 2 20 foot sections glued together with the 5 foot piece. If using 3 hoops you will need a x in the middle piece and tees on the outer pieces. glue them all together then stick the ends over the rebar on top of the tee-posts, bow them over until you can stick the other side onto the rebar on the posts on the other side of the plant. Wire tie 2x4 boards around the base of the posts to create a box around the plants. Now get a piece of plastic that will cover the entire structure, in your case it would need to be around 20' x 30' then when you think it may rain you cover the hoops with the plastic and hold the plastic down with spring loaded clamps clamped to the 2x4s when rain goes away you have 2 strings tied to the corner clamps and you unclamp the plastic and use the string to help pull the plastic on and off. Just tie it into a roll until rains come back.The important thing to keep in mind is that the plant never comes into contact with the plastic when the plastic is up on the hoops, since that would be disastrous and guarantee bud rot for sure.
Oh the one thing I left out, you will need to build a large fire on the 2nd Tuesday of the month of September and at exactly midnight you need to strip down naked as a jay-bird and do the pray for NO rain dance around the fire. This only will work on the 2nd Tuesday of September at exactly midnight, so get that wood ready ahead of time. Thats my plan and all I can say is I hope it works

It might be easier to buy a used portable carport off craigs list, and cover when bad weather comes along. The quonsethut-shaped carports are very stable, even under snow, if you knock the snow off from inside. I used one for my car when I lived in Ester.

Bud_Wash2.jpg
I did this on a couple harvests and you are reminding me how I need to get back to it.. Amazing the stuff that comes off it..

FE

Back
Top Bottom