Fun In The Sun 2016 - Tiger - Ape - Pitbull - Gorilla & More - Run Wild

Around 10% give or take in any cannabis population is pure garbage, that's my experience. But you see it when you pop 20-30 seeds of any strain at least.

Drive by. Funny I use to paint houses and things way back when. Always found them paper wasps nest in the eves. I use to throw a small cup of gas on their asses and watch em drop. If it's yellow jackets they got a much larger nest with alot more occupants in it. And it wood never penetrate it anyways. Besides it might burn down the neighborhood. My Uncle ran into one of them nest drunk on his ass while hunting back in Arkansas, I can't rightly say how many stings he received, alot. Put it this way he stayed for two days and had to leave opening hunt of deer season. Here's a safer way that sounds intresting. That Bonners Soap can do anything. kind of like duct tape. Fun to read the bottle too.
An Effective and Non-Toxic Solution for Getting Rid of Yellow Jackets’ Nests
Keepem Green and please do tell how many time the bugger tear you up. They can get mean

BTW stuff makes a great wash for plants too. Read it's label, it's a trip. it can do anything. Hell even feels good in the shower. Keepem Green

You can hear them underground when you walk in the area.

Thats has to be a BIG hive to hear it, wow!!! Im glad their not too bad where I live.

About the flip..... I was thinking about what you said, how it dosent get the crazy reveg. leaves. So Im thinking maybe you do the switch gradual? Instead of going 18-6 to 12-12 in one day. The person who first told me this said I think that it takes 3 days after flip to show sex but he changes it from 18-6 to 12-12 in one day. If you do it gradual maybe thats why you dont get the funny leaves???
6 weeks, damn!! Then a grow from seeds indoor must take 6 mo??? I might just buy 8 killer clones from King Klones and run them in my tent set up later on. Ive got them sprouts going for now.
Thanks for all your help Major!

Update (Week 26 of Veg)

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends..." :cheesygrinsmiley: Name that tune (no Googling).

But seriously, welcome my :420: brothers and sisters.

Wow, it's sort of hard for me to believe I popped seeds 1/2 year ago. Mostly what I have for you is a bunch of pictures. Since my last update, I pruned them heavily...twice, cutting nearly half of all the growth. I top dressed all with EWC in preparation for flowering. The 5 in cages got 1 gallon of castings each and the plants in soft pots got 1/2 gallon. I removed the large branch from Gorilla Glue #4 that had been gnawed by a squirrel. It was still growing, but not doing well. You can see the hole at the bottom in one of its pictures.

GT(+) just began to show the same problem as ZD(+), but it looks much more like the typical 'K' deficiency to my eyes. In a way I'm OK with that as it hopefully confirms the earlier diagnosis. I've been giving her as much 'K' as I think is prudent. Still no buds. Maybe by my next update...I hope! On to the picture dump du jour, probably more than you want to look at:

First, my nemesis, one of the yellow jackets plaguing me. They are waiting for me every time I'm in the garden and they get pissed while I'm inspecting and watering.
Yellow_Jacket.jpg

An overview. Main grow on the right. Veggie garden and potted plants more distant on the left.
All2_08-10.jpg

Here is GASS. Meh - doing OK.
GASS_08-10.jpg

LH2, also in the veggie garden. Another meh.
LH2_08-10.jpg

These are the culls, still very confused and throwing out single, double, and triple fingered leaves.
Culls1_08-10.jpg

Culls2_08-10.jpg

The main garden from a ladder.
All1_08-10.jpg

It is difficult to get a photo of each plant because they block each other when I get back far enough to capture the entire plant. I tried for two pic's of each. For scale. outer posts are 7' and support posts around the plants are 6'.

AS
AS1_08-10.jpg

AS2_08-10.jpg

LH1
LH1-1_08-10.jpg

LH1-2_08-10.jpg

GT(+)
GT1_08-10.jpg

GT2_08-10.jpg

GG4 The opening at the bottom is where I cut out about 1/6 of the entire plant 9 days ago.
GG4-1_08-10.jpg

GG4-2_08-10.jpg

ZD(+) (the problem child) now at 8'-9'.
ZD1_08-10.jpg

ZD2_08-10.jpg

ZD3_08-10.jpg

These are the worst two branches showing what I believe is the 'K' deficiency. Most of her looks pretty good.
ZD4_08-10.jpg

ZD5_08-10.jpg

No buds on any of them. Slowly adding pistils.
Pistils_08-10.jpg

That's it for this week. See you when I have a bud to show - hopefully in a week(?). Keep it green, gang!

:thanks: :Namaste:

Update (Week 26 of Veg)

"Welcome back my friends" to the show that never ends..." :cheesygrinsmiley: Name that tune (no Googling).

That's the title of the song by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer! Correct?

By the way, nice update Major, your plants are looking absolutely gorgeous!:yummy:

That's the title of the song by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer! Correct?

By the way, nice update Major, your plants are looking absolutely gorgeous!:yummy:

Thank you kindly, Cola!
So close! Correct band. It isn't the song title, however. ELP did use those song lyrics for the name of a live album.
The actual song is Karn Evil #9 from their Brain Salad Surgery LP.

Very nice!
:thanks:

Major, I'll take your culls ANYTIME! LOL! Except one of your culls will fill my whole grow room!

You're still in 14 hours+ of daylight, right? Don't outdoor plants follow the same 12 hour rule that indoor plants do?

Major, I'll take your culls ANYTIME! LOL! Except one of your culls will fill my whole grow room!
Come and get 'em :rofl:

You're still in 14 hours+ of daylight, right? Don't outdoor plants follow the same 12 hour rule that indoor plants do?
Sunrise to sunset is almost exactly 14 hours right now.
I think most strains will begin to flower with 14+ hours of light (10- hours of dark) even if indoors. The last two years I've been outside, I can see the transition to bloom begin in mid-July when we still have 15 hours of light and only 9 hours of dark. The big difference is how long it takes to complete the transition since the days only change by 1-2 minutes per day. I bet if you took an indoor grow from 18/6 and flipped to 14/10, they would begin to bloom. Dunno - I haven't tried it. It probably wouldn't work for some equatorial strains.

Thank you kindly, Cola!
So close! Correct band. It isn't the song title, however. ELP did use those song lyrics for the name of a live album.
The actual song is Karn Evil #9 from their Brain Salad Surgery LP.

That's strange, my I-Tunes library has it listed as "Welcome Back My Friends" and what I've always called it in the past. Again, ya live, ya learn. Thanks for that little tid bit of info. Major!:thanks:

Yes it was E.L.&P. . "Lucky Man" was on that album, correct Major? Hey pal. are ya gettin a lil worried yet....how many people you got waitin to trim all that...:rofl::rofl:
Major i'm so impressed my brotha...they are very healthy and show signs of getting ridiculously large...it's only August for pete's sake! Has that neighbor seen your plants yet? just fantastic looking specimens, really they are. OK then...about the Sativas,...waddaya gonna do...got a plan yet? Cheers Major and Gang:circle-of-love:

That's strange, my I-Tunes library has it listed as "Welcome Back My Friends" and what I've always called it in the past. Again, ya live, ya learn. Thanks for that little tid bit of info. Major!:thanks:
Pretty sure it is Karn Evil #9 (1st Impression, Part 2) :laughtwo:

Yes it was E.L.&P. . "Lucky Man" was on that album, correct Major? Hey pal. are ya gettin a lil worried yet....how many people you got waitin to trim all that...:rofl::rofl:
Major i'm so impressed my brotha...they are very healthy and show signs of getting ridiculously large...it's only August for pete's sake! Has that neighbor seen your plants yet? just fantastic looking specimens, really they are. OK then...about the Sativas,...waddaya gonna do...got a plan yet? Cheers Major and Gang:circle-of-love:
I love "Luck Man", too, but that was on their first self-titled album, "ELP". :thumb:
Thanks for all the support, bro. My wife and I will be the trimming fools once the time hits.
I don't have a plan for the Sativas. Maybe I'll luck out and get a late summer and mild autumn. (nah - probably not). Maybe an early partial harvest and then figure out a tent for what's left.
:high-five:

Your "meh" plants would be my "hell yeah!" plants. Love seeing the outdoor girls doing their thing.

Hang on to the reins dude!

They look good Major.
Thanks guys! I'm hangin' on for dear life. I hope I can keep them all happy. They seem a little behind schedule compared to last year, but not much I can do about it. Wait and watch...

Back into the 100's today or tomorrow. Good for yellow jackets. Not so good for me and the crop.
:Namaste:

Bringing these pots back indoor would sure be pain in the ass, but it's doable I guess.

Looking really good and huge too nice work. I got pistils popping out on all the girls today in the Eugene area.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom