GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

I love that bag with the holes on top. :thumb:
Wait for it....
Some folks just aren't down with grommets. Also you can't fill the pot all the way to the rim and Jon would hate that!
Here it is! I saw this coming! :laughtwo:
You got it going on over there GDB !
Thanks @Mellomale. But what I'm doing pales in comparison to what you have going on! :love:
So sad it always ends with green murder.
I like to think of it as assisted death! :)
The front runners are living up to their name! And since you already know how the Dots work with a late flip it will be interesting to see how the do with an on-time one.
Good point Shed. So nice to have someone give a semi-scientific angle to my grow. :)
Front runners look great after the tucking and tugging they will definitely be ready for the big stage a week from now!
Thanks @N420. Ready or not...:)
Sorry about your team. :Namaste:
Not as sorry as I am Bill! :straightface:
Well spread! And 19/5? Très unique. :)
Merci!
Damn they exploded with growth 😳
Especially the Dream! She just needed some roots. :thanks:
Nice training on the purples too- looks like you beat them up just right... :)
Thanks @Carcass. I'm chasing the 420 masters! :thanks:

And now for a QUICK UPDATE on the babies on their Day 28 in their life with Mr. Stingy.

It's taken me too long to figure it out but now I have. Grow Dots like water and lots of it! (Or at least more of it than what I had been providing.)

Based on a gut feeling, the other day I added more water to the 2 GDBs (about a liter each), even though my moisture meter showed that the pots contained moisture.

Boom! About an hour later the GDBs had completely changed their posture!

I've got to stop being so stingy with the water. :Rasta:

tgivin babies 10-11-22 D28.jpg

The GDBs are rear and right.

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

It's taken me too long to figure it out but now I have. Grow Dots like water and lots of it! (Or at least more of it than what I had been providing.)
I've noticed the same thing- the day I water, the plant grows, the next day, not so much...
I've never watered to run off with the Dots- maybe I should, like every third watering or so...now she gets half a gallon every other day, maybe that's not enough, because she's growing, but not as fast as my last 3 or4 plants...

I've noticed the same thing- the day I water, the plant grows, the next day, not so much...
I've never watered to run off with the Dots- maybe I should, like every third watering or so...now she gets half a gallon every other day, maybe that's not enough, because she's growing, but not as fast as my last 3 or4 plants...
I haven't been watering to run off either. I think that's what's messed me up. I water, lift the pot, water, lift the pot...until I'm satisfied by the weight that I've done enough. And I haven't.

I'm going to start watering to minimal run off. That tries my patience because the only way to get it done is to keep dribbling water in once the pot feels "right."

Dribble, dribble, dribble until my Lazy-Meter chirps in, "What the hell are you doing? Why is this taking so long? Go sit down somewhere!" :)

I'm going to start watering to minimal run off
I think I will too, I don't think it'll hurt anything...
Also, those roots aren't getting any water either.
You're probably right- I felt the bottom of the pot, - it's dry, and I just watered 6 hours ago:hmmmm:
Thanks, Shed!
We'll get these Dots figured out sooner or later!

If you don't water to runoff every time then the roots near the bottom aren't getting any nutrition from the Dots down there. Those roots aren't getting any water either.

It takes me about 2 minutes to water my 7 gallon pots with 1.5 gallons of water each: around the edge until the cloth is wet and then the rest of the soil.
Thanks.

It's not a mistake I'm likely to continue, Shed. :Rasta:

It sounds like those dots would be perfect in an SIP... they would always have water available.

Hello growers.

I have a quick update on how the frontrunners responded to their little training session this past Sunday.

The Purple Tahoe (day 52) looks just like I want her to look. If I could flip her today I would.
P Tahoe 10-12-22 D52.JPG

The Purple Dream (day 67). Well, she's more of a hot mess. I'm thinking I might as well go ahead and put a bungee cord on the pot and position some bamboo sticks now, because I know they'll be needed down the road. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But the Tahoe has a good chance of growing symmetrically and supporting herself. No way that's going to happen with the Dream!
P Dream 10-12-22 D67.JPG

Saturday can't get here fast enough. I'm ready to flip these girls! :Rasta:

Thanks for you time.

Peace.

They are looking great Gdb, both as healthy as can be! I’m sure once you get a week or two into flower you’ll be quite happy with your training.

Wait for it....

Here it is! I saw this coming! :laughtwo:

Thanks @Mellomale. But what I'm doing pales in comparison to what you have going on! :love:

I like to think of it as assisted death! :)

Good point Shed. So nice to have someone give a semi-scientific angle to my grow. :)

Thanks @N420. Ready or not...:)

Not as sorry as I am Bill! :straightface:

Merci!

Especially the Dream! She just needed some roots. :thanks:

Thanks @Carcass. I'm chasing the 420 masters! :thanks:

And now for a QUICK UPDATE on the babies on their Day 28 in their life with Mr. Stingy.

Based on a gut feeling, the other day I added more water to the 2 GDBs (about a liter each), even though my moisture meter showed that the pots contained moisture.

Boom! About an hour later the GDBs had completely changed their posture!

I've got to stop being so stingy with the water. :Rasta:

The GDBs are rear and right.

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

This surprises me that neither of you water to run-off. I thought that watering to run-off was a given with most 420 soil/soilless growers.

This surprises me that neither of you water to run-off. I thought that watering to run-off was a given with most 420 soil/soilless growers.
Watering to run off is my usual practice @HashGirl.

But since I'm trying something new (and I mean completely new) by using the Grow Dots, I've been tip-toeing around trying to find the proper way.

That's all! :)

They are looking great Gdb, both as healthy as can be! I’m sure once you get a week or two into flower you’ll be quite happy with your training.
Thanks N420.

I'm really pumped about the Purple Tahoe. I'd like to be able to grow a plant that will support itself!

I've done it before, but that was a long time ago. :)

This surprises me that neither of you water to run-off.
When I read this on the Real Growers website, I thought I had the answer to the runoff question...

"Do I want 10-20% run-off when using Grow Dots and coco?​

Nope. That method works great for traditional fertilizers in hydroponics. With Grow Dots in coco, There’s no need for watering to run-off."

...I evidently missed the word "coco" -( I do that with shopping lists too- Mrs. C. will tell ya all about it 🤪 )

So, till today, I've been not watering to runoff, and the plant was doing ok...but it has bogged down a little in the last week or so, so I watered to apx 15% runoff this morning, and we'll see how that works-

When I read this on the Real Growers website, I thought I had the answer to the runoff question...

"Do I want 10-20% run-off when using Grow Dots and coco?​

Nope. That method works great for traditional fertilizers in hydroponics. With Grow Dots in coco, There’s no need for watering to run-off."

...I evidently missed the word "coco" -( I do that with shopping lists too- Mrs. C. will tell ya all about it 🤪 )

So, till today, I've been not watering to runoff, and the plant was doing ok...but it has bogged down a little in the last week or so, so I watered to apx 15% runoff this morning, and we'll see how that works-
You couldn't shop for me! :laughtwo:

Well i always water to runoff i believe thats why i fighting with high humidity rite now . Thats not the only reason my tent is super packed as well . Next grow im changing things up a bit gonna try and go as less vegetation as possible just tops . Here a couple shots mid week 4

20221011_163640.jpg

20221011_162432.jpg

20221011_162416.jpg
Thanks for dropping those in here Mello! They are gorgeous. :Rasta:

What strains?

Do I want 10-20% run-off when using Grow Dots and coco?
I think 10-20% runoff would be excessive when using time-release nutes like Dots in any medium. GeoFlora doesn't recommend watering with much runoff either, and I'm sure it's about keeping those nutes where you want them.

But "to runoff" doesn't have to mean that much, just so you know that the bottoms of the pots are wet.
i always water to runoff i believe thats why i fighting with high humidity rite now .
Are you leaving the water in the drip trays? Or is it just what's coming off the soil?

Back
Top Bottom