GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

Nice save on the Purple Dream!

I'm so happy the Purple Dream has taken off..... yay!

Interesting collection of plant growth GDB, exactly what you love! You did a good job of turning around the Purple Dream so I'm guessing you'll sort the others out eventually. :nomo:
Thanks to you all!

It's nice to be able to save something other than the used soil from my grows! :)

And here's a quick UPDATE.

Last night I prepped the new pots for the babies. The 2 Grandaddy Blacks will go into 3 gal pots in a 50/50 mix of used and new FFOF. I added 8 tsps of Grow Dots to each pot, which is 1 tsp below the manufacturer's "heavy" dose. Once I put the plant in I'll add 1 more tsp on top of the soil. I watered the soil in order to activate the Dots and will put the plants in tomorrow.

As for the Pineapple Express, I elected to remove the Dots from the equation. And since she's kinda' struggling I decided to put her in a 2 gal pot rather than a 3 gal. That's me being "frugal" not "cheap." :)

I prepped her pot with the bottom 1/3 consisting of 10oz of concentrated supersoil mixed with enough Lush soil to equal approximately a third of the pot. The remaining two thirds is straight Lush soil. She will have more than enough goodies at her feet to recover and flourish if she is capable of doing so! (A few years back I grew an autoflower from start to finish using this soil configuration, giving water only throughout the life of the plant. And that time, I didn't use Lush soil but used either FFOF or Happy Frog -- can't remember which.)

She's going to be up-potted today as soon as I get around to doing it.

pot prep 10-3-22.jpg

That's all I've got.

As always, thank you for your interest.

Peace.

Best of luck on the new grow, GDB!👍

I added 8 tsps of Grow Dots to each pot, which is 1 tsp below the manufacturer's "heavy" dose. Once I put the plant in I'll add 1 more tsp on top of the soil. I watered the soil in order to activate the Dots and will put the plants in tomorrow.
:thumb: Careful- those Grow Dots may be habit forming...
I've only used them once, and I think I may be hooked....😬

Best of luck on the new grow, GDB!👍

:thumb: Careful- those Grow Dots may be habit forming...
I've only used them once, and I think I may be hooked....😬
It's easy to get hooked on practically having nothing to do! (Retirement taught me that lesson.) :Rasta:

Hello grow lovers.

I've got a quick update on the goings ons in my (Not) Thanksgiving Harvest.

The babies on Day 23 were up-potted yesterday.

The 2 Grandaddy Blacks went into 3 gallon pots with 9 tsps of Grow Dots in each pot (8 tsps in the soil and 1 on top of the soil). As expected, they look a little grumpy. Even though I tried to get the Dots activated a few days before the transplant, it always seems to take a minute for the Dots to really influence the plant.

The somewhat struggling Pineapple Express (front left) went into a 2 gallon pot with a mix of Lush soil & concentrated supersoil. Unlike the Dots, placing a plant in the Lush soil brings instant joy to the plant. One can easily the see the difference in her posture compared to the GDBs.
t givin babie 10-6-22 D23.jpg

And here is a pic of the frontrunners through the side door of the 4x4 tent this morning.
tgivin10-6-22 D46-61.jpg

That's the Fruit Punch auto (Day 46) on the right. If she produces more than an oz of dried weed I'll feel like I won!
In the rear is the Purple Dream (Day 61) honestly looking better than she has ever looked. And in the foreground is the Purple Tahoe (Day 46). For a while she was larger than the Dream but no more.

I'll be flipping the 2 photoperiods on or about Oct. 22, which will be 35 days after the Tahoe was up-potted with the full dose of Dots. At that point the Dream will have been in veg for 11 weeks.

Based on this timeline, by the time Thanksgiving arrives I will not even have started twiddling yet. So there isn't going to be a Thanksgiving harvest. :)

As always, thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Let's eat turkey that day instead then. Then instead on that day let's eat turkey. Those frontrunners sure look perky!
Thanks for the kind words Stoney. I modified it into a short poem! :)

Hello grow lovers.

I've got a quick update on the goings ons in my (Not) Thanksgiving Harvest.

The babies on Day 23 were up-potted yesterday.

The 2 Grandaddy Blacks went into 3 gallon pots with 9 tsps of Grow Dots in each pot (8 tsps in the soil and 1 on top of the soil). As expected, they look a little grumpy. Even though I tried to get the Dots activated a few days before the transplant, it always seems to take a minute for the Dots to really influence the plant.

The somewhat struggling Pineapple Express (front left) went into a 2 gallon pot with a mix of Lush soil & concentrated supersoil. Unlike the Dots, placing a plant in the Lush soil brings instant joy to the plant. One can easily the see the difference in her posture compared to the GDBs.
t givin babie 10-6-22 D23.jpg

And here is a pic of the frontrunners through the side door of the 4x4 tent this morning.
tgivin10-6-22 D46-61.jpg

That's the Fruit Punch auto (Day 46) on the right. If she produces more than an oz of dried weed I'll feel like I won!
In the rear is the Purple Dream (Day 61) honestly looking better than she has ever looked. And in the foreground is the Purple Tahoe (Day 46). For a while she was larger than the Dream but no more.

I'll be flipping the 2 photoperiods on or about Oct. 22, which will be 35 days after the Tahoe was up-potted with the full dose of Dots. At that point the Dream will have been in veg for 11 weeks.

Based on this timeline, by the time Thanksgiving arrives I will not even have started twiddling yet. So there isn't going to be a Thanksgiving harvest. :)

As always, thanks for looking in.

Peace.
I love that bag with the holes on top. :thumb:
I don't know why everyone doesn't do that.
Or at least run a strip around the pot to attach to.
Gardens look wonderful this morning my friend.
Hope you are well. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

They are so unique, each little seed, it really is the favourite part of the grow adventure for me. Never really knowing.

Some need a bit of extra help, where others just sing the minute their roots grab.

As you know I’m growing with C Dogg, and while our seeds are the same breed. That’s where the similarities stop lol.

I love it when you nurse a plant and then it shines for you in thanks. So sad it always ends with green murder.

Up pots frontrunners dots...I'm on the edge of my seat wondering who's coming for Thanksgiving!

Some folks just aren't down with grommets. Also you can't fill the pot all the way to the rim and Jon would hate that!
You can fill it You just have to be careful watering.
Or else it will look like a bird bath with water Pouring out. :rofl:
Even a strip around the top to fasten to would work.
But a taller bag with holes is perfect.
Hope your having a great day. :ciao:
Take care.

Stay safe

Hello all and happy Sunday morning.

My frontrunners are looking particularly content this morning.
tgivin 10-9-22 D49-64.jpg

The Dots maker recommends flipping between day 28 through day 42. I had planned to split the difference and flip on day 35, but now I'm leaning toward doing it on day 28 in order to keep the size down.

And the babies are moving along on their day 26. One of the Grandaddy Blacks (left rear) is losing her 2 lowest leaves. This is a recurring issue for me with these Dots. I have yet to figure it out, but I'm almost certain it will be limited to those lowers. At least that's how it usually has played out.
tgivin babies 10-9-22 D26.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Peace.

Hello growers.

So yesterday my home football team found a new way to gut punch their fan base. I won't go into the gory details, but it was awful.

However, after watching that debacle, all I could think about to cheer myself up was flipping my frontrunners on Dot day 28 (for the Purple Tahoe), which will be this Saturday, Oct. 15th. This is a week earlier than I had been planning to flip them, but the Tahoe is just about where I want her to be size-wise. And you may recall that the Purple Dream is no longer on the Dots but is now growing in Lush soil with Roots Organic dry nutrients. Come Saturday she will be on her Day 70. The Tahoe will be on her day 55.

In order to get the ready for the big day ahead, I took them out and beat them up a bit. I tugged, tucked, plucked and tied-down almost anywhere that I could in an attempt to open them up and even them out a bit.

Purple Tahoe:
P Tahoe 10-10-22 D50.JPG

Purple Dream:
P Dream 10-10-22 D65.JPG

When I flip those 2, the third plant in the tent - the little Fruit Punch auto - will be placed back into the 2x2 tent with the babies. I'm running a 19/5 light cycle in there.

Fruit Punch auto
FP auto 10-10-22 D50.JPG

They were last watered on the 8th and they'll all get a small dose of Recharge today (1 liter each for the photos & .5 liter for the auto). They'll be fully watered tomorrow when the Dream will be due her bi-weekly top-feed of Uprising Grow nutrients. They've also been getting SNS 209 in their drench feeds for the past few weeks. And beginning this past Saturday, each was given about .6 liters of silica only prior to being fed (mixed @ 4g per gallon). And from hear on, every Saturday will be Silica Saturday.

And that's the "new" plan!

BTW, the quarterback for my home team is in his first year with us, having been traded here from the Baltimore Colts. His name his Carlton Wentz and I really wish he had "wentz" somewhere else! :straightface:

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Hello growers.

So yesterday my home football team found a new way to gut punch their fan base. I won't go into the gory details, but it was awful.

However, after watching that debacle, all I could think about to cheer myself up was flipping my frontrunners on Dot day 28 (for the Purple Tahoe), which will be this Saturday, Oct. 15th. This is a week earlier than I had been planning to flip them, but the Tahoe is just about where I want her to be size-wise. And you may recall that the Purple Dream is no longer on the Dots but is now growing in Lush soil with Roots Organic dry nutrients. Come Saturday she will be on her Day 70. The Tahoe will be on her day 55.

In order to get the ready for the big day ahead, I took them out and beat them up a bit. I tugged, tucked, plucked and tied-down almost anywhere that I could in an attempt to open them up and even them out a bit.

Purple Tahoe:
P Tahoe 10-10-22 D50.JPG

Purple Dream:
P Dream 10-10-22 D65.JPG

When I flip those 2, the third plant in the tent - the little Fruit Punch auto - will be placed back into the 2x2 tent with the babies. I'm running a 19/5 light cycle in there.

Fruit Punch auto
FP auto 10-10-22 D50.JPG

They were last watered on the 8th and they'll all get a small dose of Recharge today (1 liter each for the photos & .5 liter for the auto). They'll be fully watered tomorrow when the Dream will be due her bi-weekly top-feed of Uprising Grow nutrients. They've also been getting SNS 209 in their drench feeds for the past few weeks. And beginning this past Saturday, each was given about .6 liters of silica only prior to being fed (mixed @ 4g per gallon). And from hear on, every Saturday will be Silica Saturday.

And that's the "new" plan!

BTW, the quarterback for my home team is in his first year with us, having been traded here from the Baltimore Colts. His name his Carlton Wentz and I really wish he had "wentz" somewhere else! :straightface:

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.
Such great training, :yahoo:
Girls looking very healthy and happy. :thumb:
Sorry about your team. :Namaste:
Hope everything else is going good.
Take care.

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom