GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

Hello growers.

I have a quick update on how the frontrunners responded to their little training session this past Sunday.

The Purple Tahoe (day 52) looks just like I want her to look. If I could flip her today I would.
P Tahoe 10-12-22 D52.JPG

The Purple Dream (day 67). Well, she's more of a hot mess. I'm thinking I might as well go ahead and put a bungee cord on the pot and position some bamboo sticks now, because I know they'll be needed down the road. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But the Tahoe has a good chance of growing symmetrically and supporting herself. No way that's going to happen with the Dream!
P Dream 10-12-22 D67.JPG

Saturday can't get here fast enough. I'm ready to flip these girls! :Rasta:

Thanks for you time.

Peace.
They're just waiting for you now! Beautiful purps!

What are some feelings on sucking the runoff up and putting it back on top 20 minutes later? I do that in the LOS.

GDB ,I'm totally amazed at the growth in ur plants im tempted to try them Dots 👍
Give 'em a try Mello. You can get a small bag that's enough for two 3 gallon pots for less that $8.

Although whatever you are currently using is certainly performing for you, why not!:)

Hello all.

Excitement fills the air here! It's the day before flip day and all systems are go!:yahoo:

Okay, let me try to calm down. It's not like this is my first rodeo, but for some reason it almost feels like it is. Maybe it's because this is the first time I am growing from seed with the Grow Dots. (My previous use of them was with clones.) Or maybe its related to this being my first time growing from seedling using Lush soil and Roots Organics dry nutrients.

I don't know, something has me excited.
tgivin 10-14-22 D54-69.jpg

The Purple Tahoe in the foreground (day 54) is the Dotted plant. This morning she measures 7 inches from the soil surface to tip. In the rear, the Purple Dream (day 69) is the Lush soil plant. She measures 11 inches tall this morning. Those two will be flipped tomorrow.

The Fruit Punch auto to the right will be moved back into the 2x2 tent under a 19/5 light cycle.

And, in the 2x2 the babies (day 31) are looking much better. They're growing rapidly since I introduced a new miracle feed I discovered called "Enough Water.":)

tgivin babie 10-14-22 D31.jpg

Front left is a Pineapple Express growing in a mix of Lush soil and concentrated super soil. The other two plants are both Grandaddy Blacks on Grow Dots. I topped all of them yesterday (a bit late).

And that's today's giddy update!

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

You got good reason to be giddy! A group of healthy happy plants! Some ready for the flower show and the little veggers praying and picking up their speed.

I’m not much of an amendment’s guy but I definitely see the attraction, one of these days I’ll have to give it a try, it’s certainly working well for you!

Hello growers.

This is not an update but a nostalgic look back to the good old days when @MrSauga was awake and active.

I was reading through one of my old threads where I had a seed emerge from the surface but then die a few days later. The good Mr.S offered these words of encouragement:

I wish I had something nice or meaningful to say but I don't. I know me just being here to support you means more than any words I could have lied with.
I miss that guy! :Rasta:

Bottle it! GDB's EnufWatr®
Ha!

It would come with simple to follow instructions, an empty gallon jug and nothing else! Sounds like a money-maker. :laughtwo:

Hello fellow growers.

I flipped the frontrunners this morning! I've now got them running lights off from 9am to 9pm. I'll try and post a pic of them when the lights come on tonight. By then they should have that initial "flipped look." It typically doesn't take them long after flip to take on a slightly changed appearance! That first 12 hours of darkness sends a strong signal to the plants.

So now it's on to the flip scheduling for the babies on Grow Dots, the 2 Grandaddy Blacks in the 2x2 tent (on their day 32 today). I will adhere to the Dots recommendation of flipping within the 14-day window between days 28 and 42 after the plants are up-potted with the full compliment of Dots. These two GDBs were up-potted with the full dose of Dots on Oct. 5.

Therefore:
Flip on day 28 = Nov. 2 and plant age 50
Flip on day 35 = Nov. 9 and plant age 57
Flip on day 42 = Nov. 16 and plant age 64
(And then, of course, all the days in between are also potential flip days.)

Here's a pic:

Recall that the Pineapple Express (front left) is not on the Dots and so is not constrained by the Dots schedule. And since she got off to a slow start I may leave her in veg a little longer. I'll determine that based on what shape she's in at the time I flip the dotted plants.

tgivin babies 10-15-22 D32.jpg
As you can see, the Fruit Punch auto (day 55) was moved in here this morning when I flipped the frontrunners.

I'm not good at determining plant growth rates. But I believe they all should have sufficient room to grow unhindered until at least the first potential flip date of Nov 2. But I also know that once I start training them they'll need more and more room. I'll soon find out if there's going to be enough space! :Rasta:

Of course, flipping them will just require me to move them into the 4x4 tent with the frontrunners. I'll let the FP auto finish in the 2x2. Even I can tell she won't require any more space than what's available in there, with her petite self!

That's a plan!:)

Thanks for looking in.

Peace

You really turned those laggards around with your EnufWatr®. They're looking really happy now!

Is there room for 5 plants in the other tent? Maybe the FPa will be close to done by flip day and you could leave one in the 2x2, or if it's close, flip the two biggest and leave the smallest until the auto is finished. Just a logistical thought.
Hey Shed.

I'll have the option of leaving the Pineapple Express in the 2x2 tent with the FPa if necessary. The FPa won't go much longer than 30-40 more days and she'll still be petite even then.

But I think I can fit all 5 in the 4x4 easily.

Thanks for being "a part of it." (NY,NY) :)

They're growing rapidly since I introduced a new miracle feed I discovered called "Enough Water."
I got some of that stuff too, and it did the same thing for my plant.....

It was quite a bit heavier than what I'm used to....🤪

I got some of that stuff too, and it did the same thing for my plant.....

It was quite a bit heavier than what I'm used to....🤪
Yeah, I noticed that too! Even got a beep out of the Lazy-Meter. :)

Hello growers and happy Sunday.

Here are the flipped frontrunners on their Flip + 2. They seem to know what's going on.
t givin 10-16-22 F2.jpg

And I have begun training on the babies. Thus far I've only dealt with the lower nodes on each plant. I need a little more growth on the upper nodes before I can get started on them.
t givin babies 10-16-22 D33.jpg

And that's all I've got.

There are a couple of interesting match-ups in the NFL today that should be fun to watch. And there's the added bonus that I will not have to watch my home team this Sunday because they played on Thursday night. Watching them this year makes my eyeballs ache.😵

Thanks for your time.

Peace.

Hi GDB, what a nice looking tent and garden.

And, in the 2x2 the babies (day 31) are looking much better. They're growing rapidly since I introduced a new miracle feed I discovered called "Enough Water.":)

That elusive miracle food. They seem to like it. :)

Back
Top Bottom