Gee's First Grow - Supersoil Fully Organic LED 2017

Now that is interesting. The smart pots are on my wishlist already :) so more wind equals shorter plants and more buds? That a interesting experiment :) really interesting to follow

420-magazine-mobile217403046.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1736787339.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1193432745.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1465647431.jpg

Day 19 since the flip, day 13 since hairs appeared. The sugar started today

The Durban Poison is getting tall. Good thing stretch is almost done. They only added 2 inches in the last 4 days. Thank the gods... raising a 65 pound light is getting hard as it gets higher lol. Cold weather is moving in too so it brings the dryer air just in time. RH of 42 to 46 is where it sits now. 2 days ago I lightly watered with some sea minerals as they need to be added by themselves. Yesterday was a full watering with fish fertilizer, cal mag, and some General Organics bloom booster. Today was a full compost tea of kelp, alphalpha, old growth compost, steer manure, worm castings, molasses, and some activated EM after the brewing was complete. Activated EM is a mix of anerobic fungals/microbes that I add every so often. It feeds the fungal eaters and is loaded with phosphorus releasing microbes. Also did a slight defoliation to ooen up some bud sights. The PS Goliath really penetrates. I have nice buds over a foot deep in the canopy and even a few at about 16" down. Im leaving the airy deep ones this grow to see how well the Goliath can ripen them.

The soil is all juiced up with numerous waterings of CalMag, Fish fertilizer (cold pressed not emulsion... lots of aminos in there) liquid kelp, tons of microbes and fungals both aerobic and anaerobic from my teas, to get the phosphates really moving in the soil, and just now a shot of Bluesky Organics Bud Hardener called Flower Two, as its only P & K. 0-46-32. Oh yes, also General Organics Biobud which is a really weak organic bud fert that can be used every feeding, and a dose of SeaKing sea minerals every few weeks,which is a nice dose of over 70 minerals. Then I top-dressed each pot with 1 cup of home made top dressing consisting of 1 part bulb food (3-8-8) 1 part feather meal, 1 part steamed bone meal,1 part kelp meal, 1/4 part oyster shell flower and 2 parts high nitrogen composted bat guano.

The stretch is almost over so the global flower nutes in the soil are already being used but now I must go heavier on the P & K to really get the flowers rolling, so the nutes will do that with the help of the microbes and especially the anaerobic ones to free the phosphates.

The top dressing is alot of both medium and slow release nitrogen as its still needed but in lesser amounts so its always around if they want it. Globally my soil contains a generous amount of calcium but I still add CalMag regularly.

Now that everything is rolling I will water with water only next time to let the microbes do their thing. If it all revs up as it should then I will play it by ear after that with the plants telling me what they want.

On a side note I dissected the 10 gal smart pot that the male Kush was in. When I uppotted I added 4 home made spikes of dry flower nutes somewhat similar to my top dressing but a bit more P and K. 3 weeks later I chopped the plant because it was a male. The spikes which were 1/4 of a cup each were almost completely devoured and composted by the microbes so thats both a really good sign of high microbial life and an example of how quickly nutes can be used by a plant organically. For those of you who are skeptical about organics thats 1 full cup of high end dry organic nutes almost completely devoured in 3 weeks by a male. Females in flower going full tilt are far more voracious. Organics takes a couple weeks longer in veg to get the plants metabolism going hard but once its rolling its unstoppable and proper use of humics and fulvics early on gets the brix to shoot up so pests pretty much dont exist.

Now I just have to stay 1 step ahead of them for the next 7 to 8 weeks.

Also the PerfectSun Goliath light is down to 22 inches away and the plants grow to 20.5 inches away before I raise it. They arent showing any light stress so possibly I may be at 18" away with still 5 weeks of flower. That will really feed the girls. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom