Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

Good evening kiddies. Today was better than yesterday! What else needs to be said, right? Today was the first time, since they split my chest, that I was able to shave and shower all on my own. I was also able to accompany my wife to the grocery store and walk every isle pushing the cart. I know that sounds minor, but I’m pretty stoked. Then, a few hours later I was able to walk with my love down to the garden and watch her work. Fabulous day!

That is progress. Getting out of the house is a big deal. You're doing great. Thanks for the update. The emotional stuff is normal with a close call with mortality. Don't beat yourself up over it :)

Life is great when you find that special someone to spend it with. The Mrs. and you have done that. You have a special one there for sure. I am so glad you are both doing better every day.

You’re not the first person to tell me that. Apparently my “old self” is still in this bag-o-emotions somewhere. Can’t freaking wait to tell you the truth. Crying in my wheaties is no fun. :slide:
That crazy emotional state is part and parcel of having your chest cracked. It's a well documented reality but no one knows why. My dad and others I know went through the same thing. It'll get better. Just ride the wave! You got this!

I'm glad you got to go to the store and walk about some. Don't over do it gramps.....maybe the one really good day drained your energy.....just lay low and let the body heal. It'll letcha know when it's ready to do more!!! Slow as she goes buddy. Your flowers are gorgeous!!!! :rollit::volcano-smiley:

I'm glad you got to go to the store and walk about some. Don't over do it gramps.....maybe the one really good day drained your energy.....just lay low and let the body heal. It'll letcha know when it's ready to do more!!! Slow as she goes buddy. Your flowers are gorgeous!!!!
I'm with scotTAY on this one. Probably just a bit too much too soon. Tortoise, not hare! Hang in there Grandpa, you're doing really well considering :love:.

Just know you have all of us if you need us.
That crazy emotional state is part and parcel of having your chest cracked. It's a well documented reality but no one knows why. My dad and others I know went through the same thing. It'll get better. Just ride the wave! You got this!
I'm glad you got to go to the store and walk about some. Don't over do it gramps.....maybe the one really good day drained your energy.....just lay low and let the body heal. It'll letcha know when it's ready to do more!!! Slow as she goes buddy. Your flowers are gorgeous!!!! :rollit::volcano-smiley:
I'm with scotTAY on this one. Probably just a bit too much too soon. Tortoise, not hare! Hang in there Grandpa, you're doing really well considering :love:.

Thanks gang! Naturally, you’re all correct. I can deal with the pain and soreness, but this emotional hooey is for the birds. Fortunately, my wife slaps me back to reality when it gets out of control. I put on some big boy panties and we went for a walk around our little orchard (apples, plumbs, and cherries). The smells were heavenly. Felt a lot better after that. One day at a time...

Thanks!

morning mr.G, I'm so glad to see you have a swagger in your step, and i can only echo what everyone has touched upon in regards to your recovery, slow n slow is best.....:hug:

LOL...nope....I never let her do either of those two things. Only way that someone else is wiping my ass or putting on my socks is if I am absolutely unable to do it. I have figured out ways to do it where it doesn't hurt as much.

mr.Stank, all my hospital stays have been pleasant and I try and cheer the physio on when they come visit, cause without their ok I think the nurses privately relish in your discomfort those first cpl days when they have to bed bath you..... it's just a job to the nurses so you get over the the humility side of it quickly.....

Thanks gang! Naturally, you’re all correct. I can deal with the pain and soreness, but this emotional hooey is for the birds. Fortunately, my wife slaps me back to reality when it gets out of control. I put on some big boy panties and we went for a walk around our little orchard (apples, plumbs, and cherries). The smells were heavenly. Felt a lot better after that. One day at a time...

Thanks!
Sounds like a really nice senery to relax around with mrs. GT. Youre blessed sir. Alot of great advice on pacing yourself..Easy as she she goes...

Today is another good one. The weather is outstanding. Did two walks with my wife and broke a sweat both times. Took two naps and ate great food. Planning on doing one more walk this evening and eating some salmon for supper. I’m hoping to get some pictures posted later. Be safe!

Today is another good one. The weather is outstanding. Did two walks with my wife and broke a sweat both times. Took two naps and ate great food. Planning on doing one more walk this evening and eating some salmon for supper. I’m hoping to get some pictures posted later. Be safe!
Ooh ooh, my ideal day! Good for you :). Never thought I'd be living vicariously through a quadruple bypass patient :eek:.

Back
Top Bottom