Graytail's 3rd: 4x4, HiBrix, Latest LED Tech, Lots Of Light!

I was thinking it over again last night and came to a similar conclusion. I can seal the bottom of the walls but leave weep holes along the floor. :cheesygrinsmiley: An expanding foam sealer seems like it would do the trick. :hmmmm: I also think I should run only vertical beads of adhesive when I attach the insulation, to avoid blocking condensation that wants to run down the wall.

Sounds like a plan Gray.

Hey Graytail! Just popping in to say hello! Wow those buds look amazing! I always love having a mini dispensary in home :) Hope all is well!

Hm, a couple days absence turned into a couple weeks ... :straightface: Oops.:cheesygrinsmiley:

There hasn't been much going on in Graytail's garden lately, with only Rio left to finish. I didn't get pictures of her because I didn't have the energy to clean her up properly. She has a bunch of unattractive leaves and some branches are sagging and need to be propped up.

But I like the 15 gallon tote. Or I should say, I like the size and the idea - the shape isn't going to work well for me. It'd be much better if it were square. The outside dimensions are 17.5 x 25.5 x 12. I have 55 x 45 inches to work with so I could fit 5 of them into the space, but not easily. Those suckers are really heavy when they're wet, and the size and location of my door would require me to lift one of them out before I could make room to roll or slide the others out. Oof. So ... :hmmmm: ... I recently discovered that those cheesy closet organizer grid panels are 14 inches square. A 14 inch cube is 12 gallons. :cheesygrinsmiley: Get 5 of those and wire 'em together, stuff a ten gallon bag in there ... :hmmmm: ... nice size, easy to move around ...

Anyway, I've been enjoying the reduced responsibility and planning for the next journal. I'm going to run half of the room in 3 gallon pots with minimal veg, and I'm going to set up my MH tent for veg. It's 1x1x1.5 meters, 59 inches tall and 39 inches square for 10.7 sqft. I can either move my 200 watt Par-Force panel in there with a Twilight 280 watt, or I may pull the trigger on some DIY COBS for the bloom room and move those MHs to the veg tent. I also have an old 400W CMH that I've been itching to try.

The main thing is upgrading the bloom room. I just sorta whipped it together in the beginning and it's time to build a proper growing space. I'm going to put up 1.5" of insulation against the concrete walls with washable white paneling, and seal the whole thing up nice and tight. I can do the same thing with the tent. Once everything is sealed I can add humidity in the winter, and I can keep bugs from freely moving around the house. :slide:

Rio will be done in two weeks. :yahoo:

Yesterday was a gorgeous sparkling sunny day and I've been getting into some old jars lately, so I decided to take some nug pictures in the sunlight.

CarnivalA - chopped 4-20-16
DSCN78121.JPG

Y Griega 2-28-16
DSCN78161.JPG

Destroyer x Buddha Haze 10-1-15
DSCN78182.JPG

DrGrinspoon 12-12-15
DSCN78201.JPG

Tikal 1-30-16
DSCN7822.JPG

White Panther 3-12-14
DSCN78242.JPG

Grapefruit 7-13-14
DSCN78261.JPG

Super Lemon Haze 5-25-14
DSCN78281.JPG

Nexus x Buddha Haze 9-10-15
DSCN78321.JPG

Orange Hill Special 8-17-15
DSCN78351.JPG

Panama 3-22-14
DSCN78371.JPG

:Namaste:

awesome buds, GT! (+) reps! :thumb:

Gray I hope you don't get mad at me but I really want this Twilight light and I am going to ask all your followers to please hit this link.... Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual - Page 721 then hit like and thanks so I can win pleassssssseeeee...:;): I hope you are having a blessed and green day and I realllllyyyyy want this light pleaseeeeeee...:thanks:... it's also in my signature...:).... Love ya Mean it.....:circle-of-love:

:tokin:

Today I got into the jar of Y Griega (Grieg1) that I harvested on Feb 28th, and whew, it got better! :straightface: It's just an unremarkable grape-sized bud that I grabbed out of the jar and I keep getting hash hits! :slide: I smoke from a old brass dugout bat that only holds enough for 2-3 hits, and I keep getting a heavy hashy hit from each pipefull, not always the first either. Wow. This stuff is killer!

And even better, the terps have lost much of that rubbery aroma and it's gone to citrus. It used to have a stoney buzz lurking around the edges waiting to pounce - the one I associate with the rubber - but that's gone now too. :cheesygrinsmiley: And what a thump it has! Mmm ... nice. :love:

This is great weed folks! :thumb: Seriously! Wow. Amnesia x Kali Mist. Killer stuff. Get some while this batch lasts!

DSCN78571.JPG

[Edit] That's some Carnival shake at the bottom of the tray.

Thank you Graytail. :kisstwo: What a lovely find in the middle of the night. Made it worth wandering. Recommendation noted. Now to make it happen. :battingeyelashes:

This is good recommendation. I've been thinking about Carnival, but this could be another upper shot, couldn't it?

Thank you Graytail. :kisstwo: What a lovely find in the middle of the night. Made it worth wandering. Recommendation noted. Now to make it happen. :battingeyelashes:

There's always another must-have strain. :laugh:

:ganjamon: Done

Y Griega has gone in bloom today :high-five:

Excellent! :bravo: PotChimp grew one a couple years ago, too, and was impressed.

This is good recommendation. I've been thinking about Carnival, but this could be another upper shot, couldn't it?

Both of them are worthy, but the Y Griega has traceable genetics. I got a taste of Amnesia from the Buddha Haze and liked it, and now in Y Griega ... it's nice to have that high isolated - I can trust it in other crosses. Buddha Haze didn't have the gripping acceleration high that Y Griega has, so that must be Kali Mist which sounds like a similar description, from what I've read. Y Griega was tested at 27% THC - I think mine is close. :cheesygrinsmiley: It really cured well in the jar. This is excellent herb now.

I've been exploring the Sour Diesels since CareStaker is so fond of them, and after reading the descriptions from Brightlight and CS I'm beginning to wonder if Carnival isn't something similar. It's definitely a fuelly aroma with a berry topnote, in this case raspberry ... dunno ... something about the typical SD descriptions and lineage ...

The thing about Y Griega is the punch. It's a good soaring sativa high with no lethargic letdown, but mostly it's also the most powerful smoke I've had, or at least that I can remember. :laugh: It's like that sensation you get when the jet takes off - bouncing down the runway pinned back in your seat, and then the rotation and ... flight! :slide: Aaaahhhh. Yes. :bongrip:

Alright, you sold it, right there. One of my most favorite moments ever! Gosh I love flying! :laughtwo: Next order, for sure. Thanks Graytail. :kisstwo:

I need to make a correction. :straightface:

When I said Amnesia, I meant Amnesia Haze - two completely different strains.

Buddha Haze has Amnesia Haze, which is Afghani/Hawaiian x Laos x Jamaica

Y Griega has Amnesia, which is a pheno of Super Silver Haze

Oh, I didn't know that Amnesia was a pheno of Super Silver Haze. Interesting.

How do you guys remember all this? It's grown so convoluted over the decades it's almost chaotic to the uninitiated.

Did you try original SSH, Gray?

Did you try original SSH, Gray?

Morning Conradino , Gray and Gang,....I have some history with SSH. I had a bunch of them yrs. ago and sold them (Fem seeds) to a local hydro grower...he still grows it to this day. He gave some clones to another (outdoor) grower and the difference was unbelievable...I mean if you looked at it and smoked the two (inside Hydro and outdoor , soil) you would swear they were totally different strains. When done Hydro the buds were massive in size with a lot of resin and virtually NO flavor of ANY kind. The outdoor had a lot of flavor (like true "cat piss" haze) , same big colas but had a different look entirely. I couldn't believe the difference. The outdoor guy had to bring them inside in the Fall, cuz they take forever to finish...like the summer I tried one in my backyard...well, it snowed on them and they still were not done.Last time for them! I never got to try them in DBHBB soil but , it is a long blooming strain that takes a very long time to finish. Just my 2 on the SSH. Cheers Gang!

I've never tried SSH by itself, only crosses. I have some Blue Dreams coming and they're a Blueberry/SSH cross, for instance, and I loved GreenHouse's Super Lemon Haze. I've been contemplating a straight Amnesia, but I think crosses may be better strains for my tastes. The hazey hazes are interesting, but I haven't run one that I loved yet. I think it was DrCannabi? that was talking about a Dedoverde Haze (Amnesia x Haze) that he loved ... :hmmmm: ... but in my grow room I'm kinda over the fluffy leggy ones. :laugh: The reward hasn't justified the effort yet. I need at least another foot of headroom.

Back
Top Bottom