Sorry about the rot but those outside plants are looking terrific! Are you having chilly nights, since VG just reminded me that that can cause that kind of leaf taco shape.

Everything else is looking good except the JH2, which was looking a bit sad on transplant day (listed as 65) and obviously worse now (also listed as day 65 - I'm guessing it's more like day 72?). I would start by upping the MC to 4.5g/gallon and giving it another week to recover from the late transplant.

Most excellent HG! Good luck with your dda’s, it looks to me like you’re doing quite well with autos. That lemon auto looks fantastic. Looking forward to hear a smoke report for that one! Congrats on all the harvests, busy busy busy! What does DSL stand for? I’m sure it’s not what came to my mind.. :laughtwo:

That's a lot of DDa's, and they all look great so far!
Are you planning on training them all?
If I can do anything to help with that, please let me know!

@Heavenly Hybrid ....DSL= Diesel

Sorry about the rot but those outside plants are looking terrific! Are you having chilly nights, since VG just reminded me that that can cause that kind of leaf taco shape.

The temps at night have been in the low teens (Celsius). Felonious has been putting them in the gazebo at night and then shaking the dew off the colas in the morning. Hopefully, this will help prevent bud rot.

Everything else is looking good except the JH2, which was looking a bit sad on transplant day (listed as 65) and obviously worse now (also listed as day 65 - I'm guessing it's more like day 72?). I would start by upping the MC to 4.5g/gallon and giving it another week to recover from the late transplant.

I actually think JH2 is looking a little better today (no photo yet) and yes, she's on Day 74 now. JH1 is ready to be flipped to flower but I was hoping I could flip the other 3 plants in the tent at the same time. JH1 is 83 days old, SD is 72 days old and DSL is 48 days old.

Or, I could switch the tents that the DDAs are in and put JH1 in there and temporarily move the DDAs somewhere else since the light doesn't matter so much for them and when the other photos are ready to flip, put JH1 back in there.

Also, if I'm going to flip JH1, she'll need some trimming first so what do you normally take off before flip?

Most excellent HG! Good luck with your dda’s, it looks to me like you’re doing quite well with autos. That lemon auto looks fantastic. Looking forward to hear a smoke report for that one! Congrats on all the harvests, busy busy busy! What does DSL stand for? I’m sure it’s not what came to my mind.. :laughtwo:

That's a lot of DDa's, and they all look great so far!
Are you planning on training them all?
If I can do anything to help with that, please let me know!

@Heavenly Hybrid ....DSL= Diesel

Thanks. I'm planning on topping all of them above the third node as HH did with hers but other than that, I'm not sure. I haven't had a beautiful DDA yet. I'm open to training them but I don't want to ruin them the way I've done in the past. I mean, so far, they've been low yield, small and ugly.

That's what I'm hoping my friends who have grown beautiful DDAs will help me with, i.e. @BooWho2 , @Heavenly Hybrid and @Virgin Ground . :battingeyelashes: And, Carcass, you're important, too as you are definitely an expert on growing autos and at the end of the day, DDAs are autos. :love:

what do you normally take off before flip?
A week before flip I usually lollipop, stripping the bottom third of everything and then taking off the weaker/shorter branches that won't reach the canopy in flower. Three weeks after flip I take any short branches I missed (or that I overestimated their growthability), as well as anything that looks like it's going to be larf. I don't want larf on my plants.
#nolarf

With the post-stretch thinning I do my best to leave as many fan leaves as possible when I take the larf, because the plant will need those during flower.

Highya HG.

I probably missed it but are some of the DDAs you have going from Rifleman or are they all from Sweet Seeds?

Hi VG.

I planted the initial 6 seeds from Rifleman and none came up. I currently have the rest of the seeds in paper towel after soaking for 24 hours. It's been 3 days since then and none have sprouted taproots so I doubt they're viable. I will plant these seeds, too just to see but I doubt anything will come up.

Good afternoon.

I trimmed the Lemon Auto today. Here are the pics:

IMG_5078.jpeg

IMG_5084.jpeg

And, what are these little seed-shaped plant parts?

IMG_5074.jpeg

IMG_5075.jpeg

Congrats on the haul HG! 143g is nothing to sneeze at, unless you're allergic to lemons. :)

Those little bits are bracts (aka calyxes) that grow from where the plant sends out the pistils that indicate it's a female (usually at every node). Amy used to save them apart from the rest of the harvest and smoke them all together! I just knock them into the bags when I cut the buds off the branches at the end of the hang dry.

They're covered in trichomes so don't let them go to waste!

Thank you, Shed. I am definitely impressed with the yields from these autos. Maybe when Felonious and I have to move to an apartment, autos might be the way to go.

And, thanks for the info on the bract. I just threw them in with the bud so I can't smoke them separately like Amy did.

Thanks, GDB and VG. I don't know if I would be able to follow a story if I was high. I have a hard enough time with the computer. :laughtwo:

The temps at night have been in the low teens (Celsius). Felonious has been putting them in the gazebo at night and then shaking the dew off the colas in the morning. Hopefully, this will help prevent bud rot.

I actually think JH2 is looking a little better today (no photo yet) and yes, she's on Day 74 now. JH1 is ready to be flipped to flower but I was hoping I could flip the other 3 plants in the tent at the same time. JH1 is 83 days old, SD is 72 days old and DSL is 48 days old.

Or, I could switch the tents that the DDAs are in and put JH1 in there and temporarily move the DDAs somewhere else since the light doesn't matter so much for them and when the other photos are ready to flip, put JH1 back in there.

Also, if I'm going to flip JH1, she'll need some trimming first so what do you normally take off before flip?

Thanks. I'm planning on topping all of them above the third node as HH did with hers but other than that, I'm not sure. I haven't had a beautiful DDA yet. I'm open to training them but I don't want to ruin them the way I've done in the past. I mean, so far, they've been low yield, small and ugly.

That's what I'm hoping my friends who have grown beautiful DDAs will help me with, i.e. @BooWho2 , @Heavenly Hybrid and @Virgin Ground . :battingeyelashes: And, Carcass, you're important, too as you are definitely an expert on growing autos and at the end of the day, DDAs are autos. :love:
My DDA has made a great come back. Gonna be mostly buds & minimal leaves.
IMG_3787.jpg

*** Weekly Update ***

Good afternoon.

The only big news in my garden this week is that I topped DDA2. I also think JH2 is looking much better. Now that my GSC grow is done, I'm planning on moving JH1 and Sour Diesel into flower and maybe JH2 as well. Diesel could use a little longer veg since she's only at Day 54 days old.

Some of the plants grew a lot this week like the Diesel, which gained 6 inches. And, I think the BDs are almost done. I haven't been able to get decent trichome pics as the microscope shows the trichomes against a pink background outside. If anyone has any suggestions to remove the pink, it would be appreciated.

Here are some pics:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

BD1 - Day 90 (+59):

Photo 2 - BD1.jpeg

Photo 3 - BD1.jpeg

Photo 4 - BD1.jpeg

BD2 - Day 90 (+59):

Photo 5 - BD2.jpeg

Photo 6 - BD2.jpeg

Photo 7 - BD2.jpeg

CAR - Day 107 (+41):

Photo 8 - CAR.jpeg

Photo 9 - CAR.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Weekly Update cont'd...***

DDA1 - Day 24:

Photo 10 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 11 - DDA1.jpeg

DDA2 - Day 22:

Photo 12 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 13 - DDA2.jpeg

DDA3 - Day 10:

Photo 14 - DDA3.jpeg

Photo 15 - DDA3.jpeg

DDA4 - Day 10:

Photo 16 - DDA4.jpeg

Photo 17 - DDA4.jpeg

DSL - Day 54:

Photo 18 - DSL.jpeg

Photo 19 - DSL.jpeg

To be continued...

JH1 - Day 89:

Photo 20 - JH1.jpeg

Photo 21 - JH1.jpeg

JH2 - Day 80:

Photo 22 - JH2.jpeg

Photo 23 - JH2.jpeg

SD - Day 78:

Photo 23 - SD.jpeg

Photo 24 - SD.jpeg

Group Shot of the Photoperiod Plants:

Photo 25 - Photo Gals.jpeg

Do you think I could put them into flower this week? The only one I'm thinking about holding back is DSL as it's not even 60 days old yet. She's in the back right. JH2 is front left and at 80 (?) days old, I want to flip her as well. Let me know if you think she looks like she's recovered enough to flip.

Thanks for following along. Any other comments or suggestions are always welcome.

Comment: you rock my socks :)

So beautiful HG. While you shouldn’t have favourites JH1 is mine. As far as flipping, I always need to be told by you guys. I have zero idea sorry.

#girlpower

DDA1 - Day 24:

Photo 10 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 11 - DDA1.jpeg

DDA2 - Day 22:

Photo 12 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 13 - DDA2.jpeg

DDA3 - Day 10:

Photo 14 - DDA3.jpeg

Photo 15 - DDA3.jpeg

DDA4 - Day 10:

Photo 16 - DDA4.jpeg

Photo 17 - DDA4.jpeg

DSL - Day 54:

Photo 18 - DSL.jpeg

Photo 19 - DSL.jpeg

To be continued...
The DDAs don’t look weird yet…

Comment: you rock my socks :)

So beautiful HG. While you shouldn’t have favourites JH1 is mine. As far as flipping, I always need to be told by you guys. I have zero idea sorry.

#girlpower

Thank you, Trala. I love JH1 best as well. She reminds me a lot of the Carnival I grew indoors last year in how robust she is.

#girlpower

Back
Top Bottom