In The Lab

I'm coming up to the time for applying the cat drench, I'm at day 23 of flower. Could anyone share a photo of their flowers when the is have "set"?

This one is just finishing a late stretch and has pretty much set her buds. Stretch is also a good indicator for a lot of strains. We're trying to catch that phase where the plant has built its structure and will now fill out. It will continue to grow calyxes but all the budsites are now established. We want the plant to try to fruit, which it can't do because ... no pollen. :cheesygrinsmiley: So it just swells and makes a bunch of terps.

I have Cat scheduled for 10 days from the day this picture was taken, but I do mine later than most.

DSCN74801.JPG

:peacetwo::idea:Hey folks I was wondering if you have ever put a some kind of covering over the top of your pots/Grow bag's. I cut a piece of cardboard to fit in 2 pieces and then placed it over the top of the smart pot and cut down on evaporation and increased the roots growth on the top of the bag to grab hold of all the new minerals and nutrients when recharged in bloom. I had fine roots from the very top eating all of the soil. It's a very easy solution to plants getting all of the food that is needed or available.

:peacetwo::idea:Hey folks I was wondering if you have ever put a some kind of covering over the top of your pots/Grow bag's. I cut a piece of cardboard to fit in 2 pieces and then placed it over the top of the smart pot and cut down on evaporation and increased the roots growth on the top of the bag to grab hold of all the new minerals and nutrients when recharged in bloom. I had fine roots from the very top eating all of the soil. It's a very easy solution to plants getting all of the food that is needed or available.

You're basically creating a mulch when you do that. Just make sure there is air exchange, as the roots need air.

hey i just got my kit today and was planning on prepping the soil but i noticed that there is no conditioner in my kit? did i not receive it or is it a thing of the past i should not worry about? or possibly labelled something else?

thanks

Iv just been reading your directions and am curious should i use RO water for watering or just foliar spraying? not sure if it'll affect the kit or not

I like to use tap water whenever possible. If you've got toxic water, get RO. If you can, get a copy of your city's water report. It's public domain and is usually on the web. If Total Alkalinity is higher than 200 or so the RO unit will be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom