InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Monday update! It was a busy weekend and I only got a nap on Saturday. On the plus side, we did go see Yesterday on Saturday night, which was better than I thought it was going to be. If you're interested, go see it. If not, it's not a must-see.

I spent a lot of time clearing the ProMix of any old nutes and ions, which takes a lot of time and a lot of water, especially given how many plants I have. I started with the flowering three, and I discovered how heavy those pots really are when they are completely soaked. I obviously don't water enough, because I could barely lift the BC in the 10 gallon when I was done! ProMix HP is really high porosity, as the water runs right though it, but it does retain enough to make a 10 gallon pot basically un-carryable :eek:. This was Saturday morning:

I soon got smart and put a bucket underneath, so I could reuse the runoff to water the rest of the planting bed.

I'm not going to bore you with before-and-after pics of the TDS meter, but I cleared them down to within 200 PPM of tap and then fed them 5.5g/gallon, probably 3-4 gallons per plant when I was finished with tap water.

By this morning I could easily carry the 7g's and managed the 10g as well. Interestingly enough, there was new pistil growth on all three, particularly on the Berry Bomb. Here are some pics.

Berry Bomb:

AK-47:

Bedroom Cookies:

Correlation doesn't imply causation, but it's still quite an interesting coincidence that I'm happy with :).

The rest of the plants got cleared with a bit less water and therefore without nutes at the end. Between this weekend and this morning I think I got them all except Sour G, and I'll do that one tomorrow.

Speaking of Sour G, I thinned it and the summer AK-47 this weekend.

Sour G:

I kept cuttings of this in case I never get roots on the caterpillar-eaten cuttings from last time. Everything else from that batch has roots.

And here is the summer AK-47 (in need of water...this was before I cleared the substrate):

I have cuttings of this as well, as the ones I was rooting in the cup weren't coming along as intended. I blame warmer water temp.

You may notice I left a lot of lower fans even though I took a lot of branches. It was because of what Graytail said last week:

A pear on the counter had a 4-leaf clover:
View media item 1695701
And I got this email this Sunday...am I being tracked?
amazing.JPG

That was my weekend. I'll spend the next two days catching on with how yours went. I hope that's okay :oops:. It's not easy for me to get online on the weekends any more.
I've been following your lead with the occasional straight water flush. I had been feeding 2 gal of nutrient mix every 2 days... for the last 6 weeks. That shit was getting old, and I was getting lazy & broke from buying little "refills" of nutes. I'm just limping by with what i got until this group is done.
Anywhoo... started flushing with straight water, until I had good runoff, every other watering. Basically alternating feed or water til runoff every 2 days.

I haven't seen any negative reaction yet. I can only image what kind of crap has been built up in this coco. LoL

Plants look STUNNING as usual!
:bravo:

Sour G & AK seem to be very happy with the new haircuts. Sexy ladies!

:blunt:

A lot of work but you’re already seeing benefits.
Sure looks like it! Today is flip day 36 so at least another 3 weeks to go.
Your Sour G is a beast! I'm looking forward to see her flowers. Which breeder is she from?
Nice tight nugs irie! The Sour G is a creation of The Rooster, an ex-member here, and it's Sour Diesel, Gorilla Glue#4, and THC Bomb. It's become a fave among our friends :).
family pack of condoms!
Har! Shite copy-writing team that is!
Plants look STUNNING as usual! Sour G & AK seem to be very happy with the new haircuts. Sexy ladies!
Thanks P! I have to say I'm really looking forward to having fewer though :slide:

Maybe not three, but definitely not twelve.
Basically alternating feed or water til runoff every 2 days.
I thought you had always been feed-water in coco. I feel like you even posted those instructions a while back. Anyway, saving money and having happy plants is a nice bonus!

Nice tight nugs irie! The Sour G is a creation of The Rooster, an ex-member here, and it's Sour Diesel, Gorilla Glue#4, and THC Bomb. It's become a fave among our friends :)
Ahh i see, i thought the Sour G was short for Sour Grape, in that case - apologies for dropping random nugs on your thread! :goof: That sounds like one hell of a cross, and she sure looks like a keeper!

:laughtwo: :thumb:

Nice pistil party after the flush. :bravo: It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the flush was the trigger. Even if it was simply the fresh nutes with no impedance. I’d be interested to see you try it again down the track, at a similar stage of flower, and see if it happens again. For Science!

All the plants look great post trim! More fans more photosynthesis! :high-five:

Nice pistil party after the flush. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the flush was the trigger. Even if it was simply the fresh nutes with no impedance. I’d be interested to see you try it again down the track, at a similar stage of flower, and see if it happens again. For Science!
All the plants look great post trim! More fans more photosynthesis!
Thanks Amy! I'm not sure they ever get any sun down under (;)), but they will at least be able to give up their carbs to the rest of the plant on their way out.

I don't really want to clean the summer grow again now that I've done it now at first pistils. At least not a cleaning like that. I may do a clear water soak to runoff in a month, but not gallons and gallons down close to tap PPM. In the meantime, I will probably add a gallon of nutes to their regular watering so it will be 3 gallons/plant instead of 2. Though I still have to be able to carry the BC 2.2!

Sure looks like it! Today is flip day 36 so at least another 3 weeks to go.

Nice tight nugs irie! The Sour G is a creation of The Rooster, an ex-member here, and it's Sour Diesel, Gorilla Glue#4, and THC Bomb. It's become a fave among our friends :).

Har! Shite copy-writing team that is!

Thanks P! I have to say I'm really looking forward to having fewer though :slide:

I thought you had always been feed-water in coco. I feel like you even posted those instructions a while back. Anyway, saving money and having happy plants is a nice bonus!
I was alternating through veg, but after I flipped, I started pushing it to every liquid they got was nute mix.

They seemed to love it. Figured it was just time to tone it down a bit so I don't have to buy anything else until they're done.

Great work on the AK-47 and Sour G-the AK looks like a different plant!
I leave the big lower fans on till they fall off also- they get pretty ugly,but the plant uses them,so they get to stay.
Mrs.carcass feels the same way about me...;)

Highya ITS,

Busy thread lately (or is it still busy). A lot of topics are being discussed. Much fun to follow!! I wanted to tell you your ladies are fine looking! Some really frosty, some vegging nicely, and some just plain beautiful. Nice work. But, I don't envy the workload any. I know you'll be glad when they can stay outside!
I had a lady flower when I put bloom nutes in her. The thing is, she was early (in my opinion) to flower and I always wondered if it was the early application of the bloom nutes, or was it just time to start flowering? Anyways, this season I'm using Korean Natural Farming techniques. In that, there is a type of nutrient to give in between vegging and flowering. I've been giving that to my tomatoes and peppers, squash, and cucumbers. Well, the result has been more than I expected with fruit set, numbers of fruit/plant, and being very early to set fruit. Next, I will apply to my ladies in my garden to see if I can get them to flower a little early, and get ahead of botrytis season a little.
To prune leaves, or not - Last year it was in vogue to remove fan leaves for reasons explained in various articles. And this year I've read a couple articles saying to leave them on. I like leaving them on just for what they give back to the buds before they turn yellow and are removed. Seems more natural to me. The argument about airflow and botrytis is still valid. However, I have one strain that's mold resistant, and the other strain I'm planning to spray with lactobacillus serum to see if I can lessen the budrot. So much fun experimenting all the time!!
Guess I better stop! Cheers

Highya ITS,

Busy thread lately (or is it still busy). A lot of topics are being discussed. Much fun to follow!! I wanted to tell you your ladies are fine looking! Some really frosty, some vegging nicely, and some just plain beautiful. Nice work. But, I don't envy the workload any. I know you'll be glad when they can stay outside!
I had a lady flower when I put bloom nutes in her. The thing is, she was early (in my opinion) to flower and I always wondered if it was the early application of the bloom nutes, or was it just time to start flowering? Anyways, this season I'm using Korean Natural Farming techniques. In that, there is a type of nutrient to give in between vegging and flowering. I've been giving that to my tomatoes and peppers, squash, and cucumbers. Well, the result has been more than I expected with fruit set, numbers of fruit/plant, and being very early to set fruit. Next, I will apply to my ladies in my garden to see if I can get them to flower a little early, and get ahead of botrytis season a little.
To prune leaves, or not - Last year it was in vogue to remove fan leaves for reasons explained in various articles. And this year I've read a couple articles saying to leave them on. I like leaving them on just for what they give back to the buds before they turn yellow and are removed. Seems more natural to me. The argument about airflow and botrytis is still valid. However, I have one strain that's mold resistant, and the other strain I'm planning to spray with lactobacillus serum to see if I can lessen the budrot. So much fun experimenting all the time!!
Guess I better stop! Cheers
Thanks Bode! Just the usual busy here :). The summer plants are outside 24 hours a day now (AK, Sour G, IIP, DTF), and since I switched to MegaCrop, there are no flower nutes to change to. Seems to be working out well so far for me, as I'm happy with the 14.3 ounce total dry weight I pulled off my first two Candidas (first two to go with MegaCrop from sprout).

I don't think flower nutes can send a plant into flower though.

I get my share of botrytis on the fatter buds, so this summer I'm going to try something bobrown recommended called Southern Ag Garden Friendly Biological Fungicide that is supposed to eat mold. I was going to spray my flowering three this weekend but ran out of time (and I need to keep the puppy away until it dries as well). Might have to wait until next weekend then.

I don't usually lollipop like the flowering three but I'm on a #nolarf kick at the moment. I'm willing to sacrifice harvest weight for saving time trimming.

I have an AK47 crossed with God Bud from Jordan of the Island growing. I thought it was going to be much bigger than the Kush I have growing but it’s pretty short. The God bud must be a heavy indica influence on the cross.

I’m complaining but not complaining lol, my vertical space is limited. Looking forward to seeing your finished AK.

Evening mr.Shed the girls are looking good....
Evening Smeegol, thanks for stopping by! You've got some nice holes dug for the coming summer grow, and I always wonder how your big plants don't get stolen growing right on the street like that o_O .
I have an AK47 crossed with God Bud from Jordan of the Island growing. I thought it was going to be much bigger than the Kush I have growing but it’s pretty short. The God bud must be a heavy indica influence on the cross.
I’m complaining but not complaining lol, my vertical space is limited. Looking forwar to seeing your finished AK.
You can train anything low if you don't have the headroom, and I usually keep things pretty low just to make them easier to carry. I probably should have done that on the Bedroom Cookies but it looked so nice untrained in @Archiweedies' tent from whence it came.

If you want to see how the AK finishes but don't want to wait, you can check one out here, here, or this untrained caterpillar-infested one that is harvested in part of this post here. I hated that plant, but it was an experiment to see how the AK would grow without my regular training on it. The answer is feh!

Back
Top Bottom