InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

As promised, the Friday update is trichome pics of the Doug's Varin on flip day 72. It comes down tomorrow and I stripped off its fans today when it was only 90º outside. :eek:

I'll get a pic in the tent in the morning and then one outside before I chop and wash. In the meantime, trichomes! You can tell the uppers from the lowers by the amount of amber...remember, the sun turns them brown.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

91° at my place yesterday! The outside plants withstood that with ease and grace. Even the youngest of clones. Nearly full sun for most of the day! Today was MUCH cooler!
Damn that's hot for you too! Tomorrow should be cooler down here as well, and I heard maybe rain for Monday?

All my outside plants look okay except the little lime clone whose leaves wilted. I moved into the shade and misted it and I hope it will be okay by morn. :nervous-guy:

[edit: is your dog wearing a Dynomyco hat in your avatar?]
baked avatar.JPG

:love:

In fine detail!

I'm going to postpone buying anything for now and try it with a regular baking pan this weekend. If it turns out to be something I want to do on the regular I might splurge for a baking steel, which is supposed to get you as close to NY pizza as you can without an 800º oven. They're more dear than a stone but I am always on the hunt for something close to NY pizza.
Baking steels store larger amounts of heat than a stone does and then transfer it more quickly but a steel is more $$ than a stone. Stones are a lot heavier so keep toes out of the LZ. I use a Nerd Chef ⅜" and it cooks like a champ.

Re. 800° - anything but a Neapolitan should be cooked in a home oven ≈ 500°F. If you cook higher than that, you'll need be careful how quickly the crust (and the toppings) cook. It's a balance.

If you want to go to Neapolitan, 900° is the magic number to get the rise in the crust. The Ooni and Roccbox will get you to those temps.

The best source of info I've found is here. Lots of good into for beginner through pro.

Sunday update with yesterday's Doug's Varin harvest on flip day 73, 158 days above ground! I want to thank @Weed Seeds Express for the chance to grow this out even though it turns out that the THCV numbers may not be up to the specs.

More pictures than you want but here goes anyway...

Starting with a pic in the tent from earlier in the week:

And here is was yesterday morning, stripped of all the fans:

Much less impressive!

I took it outside and untied the branches:

Since I was using 3 gallons (13,638 ml) of water to wash, I mixed up 136g of citric acid (1% solution) and about half a cup of baking soda:

Into the water for a bubble-fest:

The fun only lasts a few seconds, and then it was time to chop.

Save the bones for Henry Jones:

Wash wash wash:

The wash water looked pretty clean all things considered:

Here are the buds after washing but before rinsing:

I trimmed these almost entirely on my own because no one else was available, and my back and shoulders are killing me today! I found one small bud with rot on it, and when I pulled it apart there was one of those moth larva (no c-word please) inside...smoosh!

Here are the bits that came off during trimming:

And into the drying box went the stems. Here is the back layer:

Next layer added:

Third layer:

And a few leftover strays in layer 4 to complete the hang:

I ended up with a nice ball of finger hash too:

I'm keeping it separate so it doesn't get mixed in with the THC balls from previous harvests, since I want to get an idea if this stuff is different.

Thanks for following my grows!

Quotes:
Certified sticky trich pics, Shed! Hooray for harvest day!! Find some shade to chop her down!
Thanks DAB! Much cooler yesterday and today, but I did it in the shade anyway. :)
Congratulations on the sticky chop Shed!
Thank you Rex! By the time I was halfway through trimming I had no feeling in my thumb because it was completely coated in resin. :eek:
Trichs. look good what do you think Shed ? I know you don't go by that for outside , But ...
Definitely time to come down sb, definitely!

Congrats on the DV harvest Shed! Looks like a pretty nice haul from her!

Too bad about the sore shoulder and back from all that trimming but I’m sure the end result will be worth the pain!

Great harvest, Shed!
Fingers crossed for lots of THCV...there's a lot of something there- I hope it's the right stuff...

Highya ITS,

Great presentation of your harvest! You always have great presentations! Congrats on the amount of DV in the drying box! That's a lot from one lady!! Hope the Varin is prominent. I read about it. Supposed to not induce the munchies. I forgot whatelse, lol. Great jobT Happy Smokin'

Since I was using 3 gallons (13,638 ml) of water to wash, I mixed up 136g of citric acid (1% solution) and about half a cup of baking soda:

Into the water for a bubble-fest:

The fun only lasts a few seconds, and then it was time to chop.
Nice harvest Shed!
How many buckets for your wash?

Last time I did:
#1 = water plus hydrogen peroxide (4 gals water : 1 gal h202)
#2 = 4 gals water plus 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup baking soda
#3 = water
#4 = water

Dip and swish in each for about 20 seconds, then move to next.

Back
Top Bottom