Lady Cannafan Indoor Garden Sponsored By ViparSpectra KS5000 LED - Multiple Strains

@MicroGrowerMan , check the lighting on this shot! Those sparkles!

How on earth do you get the lighting so perfect on those trichomes @Lady Cannafan ? What a beautiful image.
Thank you so much Carmen! I love that bud.
That particular bud was a polyploid. They have more than one pair of chromosomes. Double flower basically. It was packed full of trichomes like they had been poured on It just sparkled like crazy and was nice to photograph. I believe I used a 105mm lens on that back then.

Thank you so much Carmen! I love that bud.
That particular bud was a polyploid. They have more than one pair of chromosomes. Double flower basically. It was packed full of trichomes like they had been poured on It just sparkled like crazy and was nice to photograph. I believe I used a 105mm lens on that back then.
We've been talking a lot about how to light the trichomes in photos without blowing them out, and getting that sparkly look. It's not easy!

We've been talking a lot about how to light the trichomes in photos without blowing them out, and getting that sparkly look. It's not easy!
No, it isn't easy. One trick is to use a diffuser so the lighting is not so harsh and reflective. You can make your own diffusers using parchment paper, light white sheets. I've even used pieces of that flat styrofoam that comes in packages. Anything to make the light softer.
Oh, and a tripod when getting that close. Or something that stabilizes your camera. Press the shutter down, don't punch it. LOL

@MicroGrowerMan , check the lighting on this shot! Those sparkles!

How on earth do you get the lighting so perfect on those trichomes @Lady Cannafan ? What a beautiful image.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Carmen.

Excellent, excellent shot. It started with an outstanding subject.

I suspect, if she used flash then she brought the flash down like @Roy Growin was discussing the other day.

I'm particularly impressed with the detail in the pistils. The attention to small details in this image is outstanding.

Good job @Lady Cannafan

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

MGM

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Carmen.

Excellent, excellent shot. It started with an outstanding subject.

I suspect, if she used flash then she brought the flash down like @Roy Growin was discussing the other day.

I'm particularly impressed with the detail in the pistils. The attention to small details in this image is outstanding.

Good job @Lady Cannafan

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

MGM
Thank you! 💕 I believe I used a flash with diffuser on these. It takes the harshness of the light down.

Press the shutter down, don't punch it. LOL
One of these can help with that, if you're not using a phone.
20231205_111945.jpg

One of these can help with that, if you're not using a phone.
20231205_111945.jpg
I have one of those. But there is nowhere to screw it into the shutter on the newer cameras. I use a remote trigger now, but those as you've shown, I used a LOT back a few years ago. I'm going to check, but I think my phone had a voice option. If you said "Shoot", it would take the photo without holding onto the phone.

Edit:
Yep, my Galaxy s9 has that. I'm sure I-phone has that feature in the camera settings somewhere.

I have one of those. But there is nowhere to screw it into the shutter on the newer cameras. I use a remote trigger now, but those as you've shown, I used a LOT back a few years ago. I'm going to check, but I think my phone had a voice option. If you said "Shoot", it would take the photo without holding onto the phone.

Edit:
Yep, my Galaxy s9 has that. I'm sure I-phone has that feature in the camera settings somewhere.
Ahh. Thanks, I didn't know they'd removed it.
Looking it up I found out that the wired remote shutter releases seem to have proprietary connections, while cable releases were standardized. I guess that's one reason why they did it.
You may have to set up voice commands on your phone to use that function. I haven't, and the option isn't there in my camera settings, although other people with this model of Galaxy (a13 5g) have it.

Ahh. Thanks, I didn't know they'd removed it.
Looking it up I found out that the wired remote shutter releases seem to have proprietary connections, while cable releases were standardized. I guess that's one reason why they did it.
You may have to set up voice commands on your phone to use that function. I haven't, and the option isn't there in my camera settings, although other people with this model of Galaxy (a13 5g) have it.
Yeah, I was upset when they did away with that feature. LOL Google play may have apps for the camera voice activation.
Mine was already there. I refuse to upgrade until the phone dies completely. LOL

UPDATE: 12-6-23

What. A. Day.

I decided to spend some time in the grow room for a therapy session. Everyone is doing great. I gave them all food and water, then did some training.

The lanky tall and sparse plant, (front right in pic 1) which is supposed to be a Purple Haze, continues to confuse me. I know it's a girl, so I'll just let it do it's thing.

The first pic from left to right rows of three. Phatt Frutty, Peanut Butter Breath, and Purple Haze.
The younger kids are White Widow XXL, Donkey Butter, Blueberry, and the stunt twins in one pot. Those are Phatt Frutty and have come out of stunt into growing.

I spent a ton of time inspecting for signs of sex, nothing today. I forget what week we are in with the bigger plants. I will look tomorrow.

We are in week 7 from birth of the larger plants.

These photos show the difference between the confusing Purple Haze plant and one of her sisters.
This girl is 9" taller than her sister plants, spreading out wide, and the foliage is completely different. I had to use pipe cleaners to get her limbs up and away. She took up a lot of room when they were down. Methinks someone got some seeds mixed up before I got them. 😆

This is going so slowly....the two Phatt Frutty's in the same pot are girls. So, I've gained one more confirmed female. That makes three.
It's a good thing the smaller plants are feminized. LOL
I think you will find your grow style revolutionized by the ability to determine sex early on in the life of the plant by using the method suggested by Azi. The early determination helps conserve resources. I've watched a few growers succeed with it.

Back
Top Bottom