Lady Cannafan Indoor Garden Sponsored By ViparSpectra KS5000 LED - Multiple Strains

Update: 12-14-23
These kids are doing very well under that Vipar Spectra light.

I will be checking for sex again over the weekend, and I think I will be switching to 12/12 next week.

In preparation for that, the younger plants have been moved to a different room to remain in veg until they're ready for flower. I have them under the old lights.

And I don't know what the hell to do with that scraggly girl. I am going to get some training done over the weekend, and see what I can do with that one. She drinks like crazy, almost daily.

I tested the temperature of my seedling mat this morning, and it stays between 86-87 degrees F.
Some say 86 degrees is fine, however I think that is too hot as I've seen my seedlings and seed sprouting go bad when I've had them on that mat. Yeah, I can put something else on the mat and set the kids on that to elevate them.....but I want temperature control without having to modify.
I am currently testing the Midwest Grow Kits systems for mushroom growing and one of the kits came with a graphite heat mat that has an adjustable temperature control. It ranges from 70-86 degrees. I love this heating mat! I just place a towel over it and away I go. Set it, forget it.

If you're interested here's the item:

Yeah I think those seedling mats are way too hot also, my main mat for germinating is a waterbed heater with heat control
These heat controllers are cheap$7 can. & work great for heating or cooling
Wire on a plug & socket, you have one that you can use on anything or wire in between plug & device

IMG_2293.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2295.JPG

I tested the temperature of my seedling mat this morning, and it stays between 86-87 degrees F.
Some say 86 degrees is fine, however I think that is too hot as I've seen my seedlings and seed sprouting go bad when I've had them on that mat. Yeah, I can put something else on the mat and set the kids on that to elevate them.....but I want temperature control without having to modify.
I am currently testing the Midwest Grow Kits systems for mushroom growing and one of the kits came with a graphite heat mat that has an adjustable temperature control. It ranges from 70-86 degrees. I love this heating mat! I just place a towel over it and away I go. Set it, forget it.

If you're interested here's the item:
I like the "no hot spots" part of that mat! Set it and forget it too! Congrats on the new little ladies!

I like the "no hot spots" part of that mat! Set it and forget it too! Congrats on the new little ladies!
Thank ya kindly!

I tried out my heating pad that is used for sore muscles etc., because it has a temperature control, but that thing is not flat at all and was a pain to set things on. They come with warnings about covering them up, so I opted out of that one. I'll just keep it for sciatica when needed.

I agree with your assertion that the 86-87*F is too high for seeds. In nature seeds don't generally sprout in the heat of summer but in the gradually warming days of spring.

I have a couple of the mats with the dials as well as one with a probe that keeps the temps consistent, but you can't beat the dial ones for simplicity and it's an effective way to get the job done!

Update: 12-14-23
These kids are doing very well under that Vipar Spectra light.

I will be checking for sex again over the weekend, and I think I will be switching to 12/12 next week.

In preparation for that, the younger plants have been moved to a different room to remain in veg until they're ready for flower. I have them under the old lights.

And I don't know what the hell to do with that scraggly girl. I am going to get some training done over the weekend, and see what I can do with that one. She drinks like crazy, almost daily.

Beautiful looking plants you have there :welldone:

Thank ya kindly!

I tried out my heating pad that is used for sore muscles etc., because it has a temperature control, but that thing is not flat at all and was a pain to set things on. They come with warnings about covering them up, so I opted out of that one. I'll just keep it for sciatica when needed.
I shopped the lowest price mats last time and I got mats that were not that flat and had hot spots. That one is nice and worth the 2 bucks more than I spent! 80f seems to work for me.

Well, I'm reasonably sure the rest of the plants in the main grow room are males. That rounds out to half and half of the pots in there.
So, I'm going to flip to 12/12 starting tonight.
I'll get some pics of the plants posted later today as well. They went through a little training this morning, so I want to give them a chance to bounce back.
Happy Monday All!

Back
Top Bottom