Mono's Monster - One Plant - 600 Grams

Wow, that is a massive haul!

Still, it must have been heart breaking. What was your RH like when this happened? I'm not questioning your ability. Just trying to gather info so that I can avoid these kinds of issues.

Thanks bud!

Wow, that is a massive haul!

Still, it must have been heart breaking. What was your RH like when this happened? I'm not questioning your ability. Just trying to gather info so that I can avoid these kinds of issues.

Thanks bud!

No worries mate, questions are always good ;). I would really like to know what went wrong too.

RH was maximum of 47% during the flowering cycle, that was at lights off... Generally it was sitting closer to 35% during the grow. I always have problems keeping the humidity higher during veg, low humidity has never been a problem.

I ran the extractor fan 24/7 during that grow, first time I had done that. Other times I have just left a small oscillating fan running slow during lights off. Although it seems strange that more fresh air during the grow would have lead to mould problems, opposite of the conditions they like.

A couple of things that I know will have contributed to the mould problem was the fact that I was running high night time temps, pushing them to the same as if not a degree higher than day time temps. So the grow never dropped below 24 degrees celcius. So point on to mould - warm temperature

I also grew a high yielding northern lights, never seen buds as big before, so I'm sure that would have created perfect conditions for mould. Plus the tent was quite cramped at a couple of points, but never buds sitting on one another.

In all honesty though, I am stumped as to the real cause of the mould problem -

It wasn't ventilation but I'm sure warm temps were a contributing factor.

On another thought, I did bring a plant in from outdoors for the final couple of weeks flowering, there is every chance that she already had mould spores present and they spread about the grow room. Will probably never know the real cause of the problem but...

It was certainly amazing to see the damage it can do to a crop in a very short period of time, and my advice to everyone would be to keep a close eye on the buds and to act very swiftly if any signs of mould are present.

:Namaste:

Thanks for that great answer bud. You've given me a few things to consider during heavy flowering.

+ reps

Hauled her out the under stairs cupboard today to have a good look at her under natural light. I was expecting a few more yellow leaves and possibly a little bit of growth needing trimmed but all seems well so far ;)

IMG_0603_1_.JPG
IMG_0605_1_1.JPG
IMG_0604_1_.JPG

Thanks for that great answer bud. You've given me a few things to consider during heavy flowering.

+ reps

:welcome:

I was looking around the house for something I could use as a size reference to the plant. One of the dogs seemed like the best bet.

For all who don't know, this is Daisy, an English Springer Spaniel ;)

IMG_0606_1_1.JPG

That thing is massive! Your dog looks freaked out. I had an cocker spaniel once, Lady, she was smart as a whip. Now I have a Staffordshire who s more stubborn than a river stone.

Hello again daisy....

Ya girl looks great under natural light mate

Gonna need a forklift to move that bugger soon

:high-five:

Thanks matey.

Hopefully I wont have to take her out of the space again. Sure is heavy when 37 litres of coco are saturated in water, and bloody awkward getting her through a door frame haha.

That thing is massive! Your dog looks freaked out. I had an cocker spaniel once, Lady, she was smart as a whip. Now I have a Staffordshire who s more stubborn than a river stone.

:high-five: aww love staffies, most loyal dogs I've ever come across. we've got three dogs in the household at the moment, the spaniel is by far the best behaved lol.

I love staffies too, extremely loyal. A bit stubborn but that happens to most big dogs like he is. His name is Oso which is Spanish for bear. I have 2 puppies (male and female staffies) Male is Lil Bear and female is Anana. I looooooooooove me some dogs. Good for the psyche. IMO..

For me there is only one breed. APBT!! A little high maintenance, but if you get a good they will amaze you.

Thanks matey.

Hopefully I wont have to take her out of the space again. Sure is heavy when 37 litres of coco are saturated in water, and bloody awkward getting her through a door frame haha.

:rofl::rofl:

I had a vision along those lines.... Knew that big ol pot would be rather heavy..... Bless ya, you better get a tug-of-war team on standy for the chop time. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom