Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

When it rains it pours...last night my VT bud gave me a cut of his BB, which has that blueberry muffin hot out the oven smell. I’m gonna pop the Dutch passion seeds today, and run them side by side with this cut he gave me. Only one will win a permanent spot in the garden. :hookah:

When it rains it pours...last night my VT bud gave me a cut of his BB, which has that blueberry muffin hot out the oven smell. I’m gonna pop the Dutch passion seeds today, and run them side by side with this cut he gave me. Only one will win a permanent spot in the garden. :hookah:
Oh man, I love it when someone else does the hunting then shares. I'll be watching that one.

DJ says Dutch Passions whole blueberry line came from 25 seeds he sent them and then for whatever reason the relationship turned sour. I guess that is a true testament that we can take a relatively small amount of seeds and breed it the direction you want. If we assume dutch passion intriduced no new genetics, and theirs is better. On another point I was listening to a guy AKbeanbrains on the potcast. He is from Alaska and has a ton of really old stock he has been working with in Alaska for the last 30 years. Anyway in the interview he said there was 5 different old blueberry cuts in Alaska, only 1 I remember off hand was the Fairbanks Blueberry. He named them all though, maybe @TheMadDabber knows something? I think he is from the AK? :peace:

DJ says Dutch Passions whole blueberry line came from 25 seeds he sent them and then for whatever reason the relationship turned sour. I guess that is a true testament that we can take a relatively small amount of seeds and breed it the direction you want. If we assume dutch passion intriduced no new genetics, and theirs is better. On another point I was listening to a guy AKbeanbrains on the potcast. He is from Alaska and has a ton of really old stock he has been working with in Alaska for the last 30 years. Anyway in the interview he said there was 5 different old blueberry cuts in Alaska, only 1 I remember off hand was the Fairbanks Blueberry. He named them all though, maybe @TheMadDabber knows something? I think he is from the AK? :peace:
Yep swamp donkey, bean brains and Alaska sacred fire genetics are a few. Bean brains seems like a solid dude. There is only 1 blueberry that I'm familiar with (in the legal market) it's the real deal an the flower tests at over 4% terpenes. Bob's morning bear is the cultivator. Also does a honey banana that is a town favorite.

But again it's called blueberry. So if bean brains renamed it or incorporated a different name I am unfamiliar. I can totally reach out to them. No guarantee, but I can see. Alaskans are pretty great people, but I also work for a pretty loved an hated company. That happens when you work for a large successful business sometimes?

Now I'm interested lol. I have CKS blueberry regs. Havent popped any. Also 3 alien blues from LA plata that's supposed to combine alien gear and a "old school blueberry cut" or maybe its "OG blueberry cut"??? I think the plan is to run them together and have a ton of blueberry beans...

Only blueberry I've run is Van's stankberry and it's pretty amazing. Mighty big grower, but my keeper was all blueberry muffin and anise. Still have yet to have anything quite like it.

The Dutch Passion Durban I have going is currently at Day58. She smells like rotten dank blueberry. Her buds scare me cause she throws new pistils all the time and I worry that they’re nanners. She keeps me on my toes let’s just say that :lot-o-toke:

Edit: i said Durban, but meant Blueberry lol

Wow! Looks great. My PSM is doing that too. I started flush and it kicked a fresh set I was scared she was gonna herm. But tricromes are there so... TIMBERRR

Yep swamp donkey, bean brains and Alaska sacred fire genetics are a few. Bean brains seems like a solid dude. There is only 1 blueberry that I'm familiar with (in the legal market) it's the real deal an the flower tests at over 4% terpenes. Bob's morning bear is the cultivator. Also does a honey banana that is a town favorite.

But again it's called blueberry. So if bean brains renamed it or incorporated a different name I am unfamiliar. I can totally reach out to them. No guarantee, but I can see. Alaskans are pretty great people, but I also work for a pretty loved an hated company. That happens when you work for a large successful business sometimes?

Now I'm interested lol. I have CKS blueberry regs. Havent popped any. Also 3 alien blues from LA plata that's supposed to combine alien gear and a "old school blueberry cut" or maybe its "OG blueberry cut"??? I think the plan is to run them together and have a ton of blueberry beans...

Only blueberry I've run is Van's stankberry and it's pretty amazing. Mighty big grower, but my keeper was all blueberry muffin and anise. Still have yet to have anything quite like it.
No, I was not trying to imply he renamed anything. I actually think he said he does no blueberry work, because he could not sell it up there, because there were 5 old cuts in circulation. He seemed like a solid guy. If I was buying beans ATM I would look at his list. Seems he works with lots of older lines.

Don't run their white widow. Very unimpressed by it.
From what I've seen White Widow or Black Widow is all about the selection. I'll probably start 3 and if I don't find anything good I'll probably move on but if I find something that is promising I'll keep looking. Kinda like my blueberry hunt, multiple useless plants from DJ Short's blueberry and I quit looking. 1 incredible Dutch Passion Blueberry but not what I'm looking for because it doesn't taste or smell like blueberries but I will definitely keep looking there.

You would think as old as WW is, someone would have worked it enough that it would be more stable since thats what I hear as well.....you gotta look and find the right one. Well shit man, that was in the early to mid 1990s. I think I am going to try Seedsman's version next. Today I am harvesting a clone off the white widow I grew last year....it grew a little better than the mom but its still lacking big time. Most likely it will go into topicals or canna caps.

That is honestly my complaint with most European Genetics and the reason have very little. Seems good on paper. You can get the pure lines, problem is 20 people all offering a different version of the same name, and the genetics are all muddied up. They were the only legal market for seeds for sveral years, so it became a race and money grab for who has what. Even if it meant mislabeling for the sake of sales. For someone like me that was born in the 80's how do I know what a good representation of something I never grew or smoked is?

Nail on head -Kitchenhawk
It all seems like a crapshoot. I mean sixteen week flower times such as those in some of Aces’ gear is believable but when it’s a standard 8week strain the lines get blurred real fast.

I’m an old soul and as such I like to try the classics like Durban, white Widow Blueberry, etc. but with so many breeders :oops: I guess the good news is I haven’t grown a strain I didn’t like yet lol. Cheers!

I've found the Spanish seed houses to be reliable and interesting - Medical Seeds, Ace Seeds, Eva Seeds, Sweet Seeds, Dinafem ...

Most of the Dutch houses kinda remind me of Sears, y'know? :cough:

Back
Top Bottom