Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

Yeah, I should mention I am becoming a fan of ACE. They seem legit for what all they hold. I have 9 Killer A5 Haze clones taken 2 days ago...:goof::slide:
Ooh that sounds nice :thumb:
I've found the Spanish seed houses to be reliable and interesting - Medical Seeds, Ace Seeds, Eva Seeds, Dinafem ...

Most of the Dutch houses kinda remind me of Sears, y'know? :cough:
I’ll keep that in mind next time I’m shopping, that’s great advice!

I am a huge fan of Sensi Seeds so far. I have only tried 3 of their strains but what I have grown has been at the top rated stuff. My 4 dollar Hindu Kush is incredible, their Northen Lights was great and their Afghani #1 is a gorgeous plant so far. Some of their strains are pricey....in my book....but relative to the American breeders it a still affordable (less than 200 a pack for everything in their stable with many strains under 50 bucks a pack). If you want quality old school stuff....i highly recommend them.

I am a huge fan of Sensi Seeds so far. I have only tried 3 of their strains but what I have grown has been at the top rated stuff. My 4 dollar Hindu Kush is incredible, their Northen Lights was great and their Afghani #1 is a gorgeous plant so far. Some of their strains are pricey....in my book....but relative to the American breeders it a still affordable (less than 200 a pack for everything in their stable with many strains under 50 bucks a pack). If you want quality old school stuff....i highly recommend them.
Thanks,I’ll give their catalog a closer look Van. That Hindu Kush sounds interesting. I was contemplating a Kush lineup for my next indoor grow in the fall

There’s no stability to Black Widow aka. Original WW or any other knockoff. The plant has many expressions, some mediocre, some good and some excellent. But you have to run 20 seeds at least to get one. Otherwise you’re better off getting a cut!

Man if I could cheat and get a cut of all the old strains I want I definitely would. Like I said earlier if the non keepers are still really good I have no problem hunting but if they are trash it isn't worth wading through a bunch of plants. InHouse is a good example. I've run a few plants of the same strain and while there are some exceptional phenos even the weaker ones are still better than most.

Ya Neiko, i hear ya....just don't wanna waste valuable time hunting ...or taking a chance. The chances i/we take have to be well researched and have a solid background before committing to 5 months with it. Like you said too, as long as wat we are harvesting is good,..the 'hunt' continues....:passitleft:

I'm excited about my grow , with two different A5 crosses. The Panama cross has my hopes very high. By the way those two are growing they will keep me busy.

Ya Neiko, i hear ya....just don't wanna waste valuable time hunting ...or taking a chance. The chances i/we take have to be well researched and have a solid background before committing to 5 months with it. Like you said too, as long as wat we are harvesting is good,..the 'hunt' continues....:passitleft:

I'm excited about my grow , with two different A5 crosses. The Panama cross has my hopes very high. By the way those two are growing they will keep me busy.
I have high hopes for it as well. It will get interesting in the next couple weeks. I think she grew an inch yesterday. I got a shipping notification yesterday for the next batch of testers. I really need to drop a few seeds!

Looks pretty killer! 12-14 week flower though :lot-o-toke:
I know that’s not terrible for a sativa with the genetics it carries, just thinking outdoors that’s like mid November. Cheers Neiko!

No, I was not trying to imply he renamed anything. I actually think he said he does no blueberry work, because he could not sell it up there, because there were 5 old cuts in circulation. He seemed like a solid guy. If I was buying beans ATM I would look at his list. Seems he works with lots of older lines.
Ohhhhh I gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. There are some wild sativas some people are working with too. I'll try and find some info. But its sweet how they embrace the old school gear here! Some exotic gear etc. But for the most part Alaskans love those heirloom strains

I had an unexpected day off yesterday so I harvested the Malawi x PCK. I also received my seed order. I have so many new strains to run I don't know where to start. I finally got some Destroyer as well as Sensi Seeds Skunk #1 and Mr. Nice Black Widow. Those get added to all the member strains I haven't run yet as well as a large ACE order and more testers on the way. It's really tough to keep many plants when there are so many new ones I want to run.

I have the same issue. So many seeds I want to run through and so many cuts I want to keep. It makes things hard. As Conrad said with the Widow, the variation is supposed to be crazy. i have seen people pop 5 seeds and get 3 to 5 phenos with 1 of them being fantastic and the others only being mediocre. I watched a guys grow and he had one plant that flowered for 11 weeks and was only meh. It was nothing like what WW is supposed to be like. You definitely want to look for one that puts out dense buds of packed calyxes coated in trichs. Those are typically the tell tale signs of a solid ww pheno. If you get the tall hairy ones that flower for 11 plus weeks, they are not typically the keepers. Good luck bud!

Why is there no stability? Lost genetics? I mean its a 25 year old strain. That sounds like the pheno I got...though mine was taken at 90 days and probably could have gone longer but started throwing nanners so I pulled her.

Always has been F1 and cause Shantibaba doesn't wanna commit 10 years for field trials and probably doesn't have space either it is what it is!

I have the same issue. So many seeds I want to run through and so many cuts I want to keep. It makes things hard. As Conrad said with the Widow, the variation is supposed to be crazy. i have seen people pop 5 seeds and get 3 to 5 phenos with 1 of them being fantastic and the others only being mediocre. I watched a guys grow and he had one plant that flowered for 11 weeks and was only meh. It was nothing like what WW is supposed to be like. You definitely want to look for one that puts out dense buds of packed calyxes coated in trichs. Those are typically the tell tale signs of a solid ww pheno. If you get the tall hairy ones that flower for 11 plus weeks, they are not typically the keepers. Good luck bud!
Do you know if there are any identifying traits to the keepers in veg? I don't mind culling plants just don't typically do it mid way through flower. I guess they could be used for topicals and edibles if they aren't the "ones" but I don't usually grow 11+ week strains for that purpose. I'm on the fence whether to pop a bunch now and get it over with or stick that pack in the "I'll get to those someday pile" of seeds.

Do you know if there are any identifying traits to the keepers in veg? I don't mind culling plants just don't typically do it mid way through flower. I guess they could be used for topicals and edibles if they aren't the "ones" but I don't usually grow 11+ week strains for that purpose. I'm on the fence whether to pop a bunch now and get it over with or stick that pack in the "I'll get to those someday pile" of seeds.
I think you can typically tell from the stretch but I personally don't know of any way to ID during veg.

Always has been F1 and cause Shantibaba doesn't wanna commit 10 years for field trials and probably doesn't have space either it is what it is!
Fair enough....but seems that it wouldn't be that difficult to work it. If its truly as good as people say the good ones are.....it seems that someone, him or someone else, would have worked it towards more stability.

Back
Top Bottom