PCaddict's Second Grow Featuring Budget LED, Growing Amnesia Fast & Sweet Tooth

Place a fan blowing across the top of your pot. Gnats are weak flyers and the fan prevents them from landing on your soil. It breaks their life cycle.
OK I will go turn a fan on now Thanks Penny

Morning PC and friends, just got caught up over here. Nice pull on the last harvest PC! And that’s a bad ass rig you got going there. I love TT cases. The Armor was my fav back when I was a fiend for those things too. Haha quit the whole hardcore gamer scene in 2007-2009 ish. Used to play Everquest , CS 1.6 and GO, D2 and some D3 more recently with the cousins. I just be bothered to sit in a stationary position for hours on end. Really does a number on ur body. My eyes got messed up too. Look into some gaming spectacles if ur still logging lots of hours behind the screens. Gunnar’s are pretty nice ones. wish I was closer I’d offer to help you get the back end of that rig finished up. Asus MoBos are the shit. And Nvidia GPUs are also my fav. EVGA a very close second. the rig I have at home has 1080ti SLI. Was a gift from my cousin so I could play Overwatch and D3 with em. We are just waiting for D4 to come out or Pantheon. But I’m pretty much out of that scene and totally into Growing too. There is def not much free time so I’d rather be into growing and if I have a couple hours here and there I can hop on to one of those games.

Too bad on the seeds but u will prevail. Germination is always a crap shoot. I also drop the ball a lot at that time and really need to focus on the next beans I start to be able to get excellent germ rates. I still manage 85% so can’t complain. But there is improvements to be made.

Next time ur popping some seeds try this. CFL light in 6500K. Pickup a propagation done or something where u can really get that small area high RH like 60-65% all day. Then just put the little 23w curly over the dome. The seedlings I have brought up this way always look so high Brix and vibrant compared to ones I stick in a 1gal and under bigger lights in a bigger tent. It makes sense too the bigger tent is much harder to keep at like 60-65% RH 24/7. The dome I just have a mist sprayer beside and every day or two I can re mist the inner walls. Also might save u some elec $$$. 23w is a lot less the. 150-200. Also 6500k is the ideal seedling / veg spectrum. Not 3000k or 3500k although they will work.

Temp matters a lot too. I use a seedling heat mat. And set it with the digital controller to 81f. When I do seedlings like this they always turn out better then in the tents. Just my advice if u wanna step up the germination / Seedling stages of your grow. Good starts lead to amazing early veg and u can keep that going till the flowering. That’s my goals for this year.

Dang Gnats eh? Walmart carries some Spinosidal Spap sprays too. The sticky traps. Fan is a great recommendation too. I had em once. Same thing I brang them inside from outside. I wouldn’t keep my soil out there if I didn’t have too. Even in the Garage or a shed may help.

Cheers bud hope u over come the dirty gnats. I hate them with a passion!

Eh I’ve had a lil bottle of apple cider vinegar in the grow room throughout the grow, I still see some lil buggers every now and then. But for the most part it’s been doing fine on its own. I dumped out and replaced my lil trap yesterday, must’ve been over 30 of them in there. Good morning 420 community.

Morning PC and friends, just got caught up over here. Nice pull on the last harvest PC! And that’s a bad ass rig you got going there. I love TT cases. The Armor was my fav back when I was a fiend for those things too. Haha quit the whole hardcore gamer scene in 2007-2009 ish. Used to play Everquest , CS 1.6 and GO, D2 and some D3 more recently with the cousins. I just be bothered to sit in a stationary position for hours on end. Really does a number on ur body. My eyes got messed up too. Look into some gaming spectacles if ur still logging lots of hours behind the screens. Gunnar’s are pretty nice ones. wish I was closer I’d offer to help you get the back end of that rig finished up. Asus MoBos are the shit. And Nvidia GPUs are also my fav. EVGA a very close second. the rig I have at home has 1080ti SLI. Was a gift from my cousin so I could play Overwatch and D3 with em. We are just waiting for D4 to come out or Pantheon. But I’m pretty much out of that scene and totally into Growing too. There is def not much free time so I’d rather be into growing and if I have a couple hours here and there I can hop on to one of those games.

Too bad on the seeds but u will prevail. Germination is always a crap shoot. I also drop the ball a lot at that time and really need to focus on the next beans I start to be able to get excellent germ rates. I still manage 85% so can’t complain. But there is improvements to be made.

Next time ur popping some seeds try this. CFL light in 6500K. Pickup a propagation done or something where u can really get that small area high RH like 60-65% all day. Then just put the little 23w curly over the dome. The seedlings I have brought up this way always look so high Brix and vibrant compared to ones I stick in a 1gal and under bigger lights in a bigger tent. It makes sense too the bigger tent is much harder to keep at like 60-65% RH 24/7. The dome I just have a mist sprayer beside and every day or two I can re mist the inner walls. Also might save u some elec $$$. 23w is a lot less the. 150-200. Also 6500k is the ideal seedling / veg spectrum. Not 3000k or 3500k although they will work.

Temp matters a lot too. I use a seedling heat mat. And set it with the digital controller to 81f. When I do seedlings like this they always turn out better then in the tents. Just my advice if u wanna step up the germination / Seedling stages of your grow. Good starts lead to amazing early veg and u can keep that going till the flowering. That’s my goals for this year.

Dang Gnats eh? Walmart carries some Spinosidal Spap sprays too. The sticky traps. Fan is a great recommendation too. I had em once. Same thing I brang them inside from outside. I wouldn’t keep my soil out there if I didn’t have too. Even in the Garage or a shed may help.

I just ordered the Spinosidal spray from the Zon so I will have some on hand and I already have the DE. I just turned the fan on (Thanks Penny) but I was looking at the plants when I turned the fan on and it was blowing the loose dirt on top of the pots off a little so not sure how the DE will stay on the top of the dirt in the pot with the fan blowing. As soon as I water I will have to reapply the DE because it gets washed down when I water.

I must have Panama strains on the brain. I bought Malawi x Panama a while back then I bought Panama Haze, I remember that one from when I was 12 , 13 smoking weed, or at least I think it was PH, It had a Nice Head high causing me total Depersonalization when I smoked it and I remember Panama Red from the same time period, causing the same Depersonalization. Now I just bought the Panama Breeders pack from ACE. I should be set on Panama strains for awhile Lol.

Dam he gave you a gaming rig with SLI 1080tis DAM he must have really wanted you to play. Sounds like you have a Nice rig..... I am pretty much done with trying to keep up with the Bleeding edge computers and equipment. It cost WAY too much for me to keep up with. I ran a bunch of credit cards up buying all the gear. The computers I have now are still pretty high end and I don't play very often at all anymore so no need to keep up. I spend my time now on the mag and in my little garden. It has been a good amount to get started in grow equipment etc. and I want to make a room in the basement so I will be investing in getting it all set up as well. I also have a ton of work getting things in order in the garages and basement so I will not have time for playing games until that's all done

So, I've had great success with my "perlite/DE gnat killa".

I mix 25% DE to 75% perlite & top dress about an inch on every pot. When watered, it will form a "cake" on top of your medium. Anything (babies & eggs) that are in the soil will be forced to crawl through it to emerge. They die! 100%.... you'll see the little black specks all over that white perlite within days.

The perlite also keeps the top inch dry, so they never want to return.

This, coupled with a fan & sticky traps, you'll have them wiped out in 5-6 days.

Good day PC and friends. Lottsa good ideas to help you get rid of the bugs you brought in with the INFECTED non DBHBB soil....pfft! By chance, do you have your DBHBB soil stored AWAY from that other stuff? Sumpin to maybe think about...just sayin, ok.
Yellow sticky traps work awesome. You will eventually kill them all that way , as long as more INFECTED soil is not brought in.
Talkin bout soil, i need to mix up my next batch of 6th run....cheers PC. :high-five:

Mosquito dunks can do the trick also.

Screenshot_20200423-143918_Chrome.jpg

So, I've had great success with my "perlite/DE gnat killa".

I mix 25% DE to 75% perlite & top dress about an inch on every pot. When watered, it will form a "cake" on top of your medium. Anything (babies & eggs) that are in the soil will be forced to crawl through it to emerge. They die! 100%.... you'll see the little black specks all over that white perlite within days.

The perlite also keeps the top inch dry, so they never want to return.

This, coupled with a fan & sticky traps, you'll have them wiped out in 5-6 days.
That sounds like a plan Preston Thank You. I cant handle perlite with my breathing problems so when my buddy comes over tomorrow I will have him put some Perlite mixed with DE in the tops of the pots. Should I get it wet so it stays. If not then I will have to figure something out because the fan will blow all the DE and Perlite off the top of the pots, Any suggestions ?

That sounds like a plan Preston Thank You. I cant handle perlite with my breathing problems so when my buddy comes over tomorrow I will have him put some Perlite mixed with DE in the tops of the pots. Should I get it wet so it stays. If not then I will have to figure something out because the fan will blow all the DE and Perlite off the top of the pots, Any suggestions ?
Once you water it, the mix will cake up a bit. It doesn't blow around.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom