Pinky's Fairy Garden - 2x4 Indoor - Soil - LED's - 6 Plants - Grow 3

I know there is no real answer, but how long do you personally prefer your tap root to be before you put it in soil? :thanks:

Pinky,If I may offer my two cents worth, I sprout seeds in Rapid Rooter plugs (once the tap root appears)
0205161309a.jpg

0121161316b.jpg

0218161839c.jpg

if going into soil except my clones which go straight from cloner into Solo cups with soil. I like to have some root mass before putting them outside. You can sprout into rock wool, but I usually do that if going into hydro. Back to soil.....I learned how to do transplanting watching the movie, The Green Rush. Jorge Cervantes also has a good video on transplanting outdoors. One thing I do differently from both of them is using a sprinkle of Mykkos or White Shark in the hole before inserting the plant. I pour some water in the hole, let it leech into the soil then remove my baby from the cup (sometimes small pot) and put it in the hole. Pack the soil tightly around the plant and you are finished. It is ALWAYS good to wait until the evening hours right before sunset to do so. The next morning I go check the transplants to make sure they handled being transplanted. I will be doing about ten or so as soon as the ones outside at present are finished. I really believe having a good root mass is the best way to go although I know of some people who say transplanting is a no no:thedoubletake: What works best for you is always best. If you go outside too soon you run the risk of them going to flower too soon and your yield may be lower than you would like. A couple of examples if I may,
From Cloner
IMG_141434.JPG

Into Solo
IMG_141828.JPG

In rock wool
IMG_141933.JPG

Into hyro (once it's up right into hydro)
IMG_142524.JPG

I hope this helped answer your question, I tried to make it as logical as I could:cheesygrinsmiley:

You asked earlier about your lights... I love them both... I only had the 4 cob one and I let someone borrow it and his grow burned and he is doing 11 years so I didn't think I should ask for the light back...:yikes: but especially for flowering... I loved it and everyone knows how I feel about my reflectors...:) so IMO you have the best of both worlds...:high-five:....:circle-of-love:

Pinky,If I may offer my two cents worth, I sprout seeds in Rapid Rooter plugs (once the tap root appears)

I hope this helped answer your question, I tried to make it as logical as I could:cheesygrinsmiley:

Wow Hozona! Thanks so much for spending the time to explain that to me. Wow, what nice roots! It sure looks like it speeds the growth up! Thanks for the tips! :Namaste::thanks::peacetwo:

420 has asked us to spread the word:

420 Magazine's 420 Photo Contest On 4/20
Thanks Canna! :green_heart:

You asked earlier about your lights... I love them both... I only had the 4 cob one and I let someone borrow it and his grow burned and he is doing 11 years so I didn't think I should ask for the light back...:yikes: but especially for flowering... I loved it and everyone knows how I feel about my reflectors...:) so IMO you have the best of both worlds...:high-five:....:circle-of-love:

Sorry to hear that (11 years), but glad you like your reflectors!

I bought a soil ph, light, and moisture tester. It said my light was low. When I put them on Veg and Grow, it came out normal. Will this hurt them in the veg process??

:green_heart::helpsmilie:

That is so good to hear Dennise! Thank you so much for responding. I was sitting here really nervous :bitingnails:if I did the right thing or not. They've been getting their legs under them for a week, so it should be perfect timing for it! What a relief!:phew::phew:
Hugs :hug::hug:
:thanks:
:circle-of-love:

I run my M-H's with both switches after about a week... just long enough for them to get their legs under them and I find I get much better veg growth with both switches on...:thumb:....:circle-of-love:

I do mine 12" to 18", according to suggestions from my LED manufacturer. (Mars Hydro)
Does your znet give a suggestion on any of their package contents?

What Cannafan said! CFLs on the other hand I use the top of my hand just above the plant and if it feels real hot (uncomfortable) I move the light up:cheesygrinsmiley:

I will add in a X3 to this. Sometimes I let them slowly get closer but never less than a foot really. I also have Mars Hydros. Both switches stay on most of the time too, pretty much all the time actually.

Morning! :yummy:
Bob ;)

I do mine 12" to 18", according to suggestions from my LED manufacturer. (Mars Hydro)
Does your znet give a suggestion on any of their package contents?
Yes, but I wanted to know what all of you have been doing. You 420ers' are sooo smart! :thanks: Thanks Canna! :circle-of-love:

What Cannafan said! CFLs on the other hand I use the top of my hand just above the plant and if it feels real hot (uncomfortable) I move the light up:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Hozona! My first grow had CFL's, and they were so much hotter! :smokin::passitleft:

I will add in a X3 to this. Sometimes I let them slowly get closer but never less than a foot really. I also have Mars Hydros. Both switches stay on most of the time too, pretty much all the time actually.

Morning! :yummy:
Bob ;)

Ah, that is so reassuring to hear Dr Bob! Lights were 2 1/2 feet up, they are now 18 inches up from the girls! Grow and Bloom are all on, and my girls are so happy! I hope your having a great day! Time to pull dinner from the oven. :dreamy::peacetwo::green_heart:
I agree with all the above stated...:)....:circle-of-love:

:woohoo::thanks::allgood:

Back
Top Bottom