Relaxed's Winter Experiment

Drive by to see what happening Lester. Plants are looking good. I'm taking it you aren't really trying for a bush with these girls? You must have some great winters going for ya. I take it your planing on finishing these girls outside weather permitting? BTW I also looked back to page 1 and seen you were going to try a strain I was looking at awhile back, KC-45. Guess I need to scan back and see what happened to her.
I seen a picture of some of your girls hanging out in a evergreen type plant. That reminded me of a pretty plant I was growing way back when, but I was living in a newer house and wasn't any kind of cover out back to hide this bigger plant except in one corner. Big evergreen was growing on the other side of the fence kind of leaning in my empty yard so ofcourse that's where she ended up. Was at the most, the 3rd day before I could check back with her, but when I did she really got hammered bad with 'bagworms'. Pissed me off. Threw her in the trash but I think of that ever time I see a evergreen with pot.
Tasty looking buddage. Keepem Green

High NW:high-five:, thanks. Yeah, not going for anything bush-like with these (KC-45's). Figured I'd just let them grow tall and wild since it's just a winter experiment ( I guess winter is an overstatement for me though ), we rarely get a frost and I don't think it has ever snowed here. But with my spring/summer plants, I will definitely turn them into bushes. That "evergreen" plant is the juniper, when it flowers it makes the berries, but we don't use them to make gin -- as traditionally done. They are nice ground cover. Good story with the worms, I have the same problem with these, but it's to the point where I smell my budding plants, depending on which strain it is, it reminds me of a horrible worm experience. Can't help but remember 'em, so traumatic. Oh, and yeah the KC-45s are going to finish up outside, very soon I'm just going to leave them outside until they're done. Anyway thanks for cruisin through, may all be well in your neck of the woods! :ciao:

Hey RL. I've missed ya and all on this site I lost my old login info and recreated this user name similar to my last one. Good to see you still active here

Howdy GS! Welcome back; long time no see! Good to have you back and aboard. I'll check out your next journal when it's up and running - just let us know.:thumb:

Plants looking great, Lester. Waiting on all threat of frost (even though rare where I'm at) to pass, before placing a bean here, a bean there, of KC45. :) Watching your's with anticipation!

Happy Skunkday Lester. Your babies are become young girls. Looking really good. :thumb:

I'm jealous, (not really) as I cant grow outside. Just proud to have the opportunity to witness an outdoor grow from seedling in real time.
Thanxx Lest.

Plants looking great, Lester. Waiting on all threat of frost (even though rare where I'm at) to pass, before placing a bean here, a bean there, of KC45. :) Watching your's with anticipation!
So far, the KC-45's grow like mad weeds (no pun intended), now I am just anxious to see the flowers develop.... hopefully soon!:Namaste:

:thanks:

Happy Skunkday Lester. Your babies are become young girls. Looking really good. :thumb:
Happy Skunkday my friend, indeed, still need to weed the boys out so I hope they show sex soon!! :cheer:
They getting tall quickly :thumb:
Yeah they are. It was sort of boggling that KC brains claimed this autoflower can reach up to 7 feet tall in the summer..... I'm guessing with the ones I'm growing right now they will be 4-5 feet tall by the time they are done ( at this rate )... we'll see though!
Nice nug in the midst of that plant. :cheesygrinsmiley: Those girls sure love that real sunshine!
Oh yeah, they love every minute of it because they only get about 4 hours of direct sunlight per day, but with all the reflected light after the Sun has passes the optimum position for them, they still do a lot of photosynthesis. It is surprising sometimes how good buds can be even if they are grown in near complete shade, like some of my bait plants I stuck away in the corner last year, produced some fine buds even with only a few hours of actual sun light per day... so I would say this experiment is trucking along quite well :)
I'm jealous, (not really) as I cant grow outside. Just proud to have the opportunity to witness an outdoor grow from seedling in real time.
Thanxx Lest.

Well BAR, you and everyone else will be invited to my new outdoor medical grow this year ( once I get the garden dialed in for all the different plants we are growing,etc ). I'll get that journal up and running in early March. We got these roofers that will need to fix the roof, should take about 3 days, those 3 days are going to impact the current KC-45's, as I don't want the roofers to walk by a bunch of 3 ft marijuana plants everyday, let alone know I have a stash.... going to have to literally put the plants into some of the backyard wilderness and leave them there for 3-4 days... definitely going to add to the uncertainty of the experiment. So much to do... so little time....

So much to do... so little time....
That seems to some up life in nut shell Lest.

Today is very dry (9% RH), super windy, and hot. Atleast 80 in the sun, easily sunburnable. Plants slightly wind and heat stressed, but I'm sure they'll be just fine. I think I see something forming at an internodal point on the tallest slenderest one, looks like it could be a pollen sack or calyx. Hopefully we find out soon.:Namaste:

:thedoubletake:

For some pictures on this page, one more short lived night time update, they will only get a few more days under the lights before just leaving them outside to tune into the natural light cycles like their relatives.
IMG_048821.jpg
IMG_048920.jpg
IMG_049022.jpg
IMG_049126.jpg
IMG_049222.jpg

wow air is never near that dry here
Happy Munchday Relaxed :thumb:

It is never that dry here either, it is an extreme rarity. But it is a rarity that I long for, typically I am having to worry about mold because tyically the RH doesn't really go below ~60%. I always worry about simple things like the nightly coastal fog, or morning dew causing bud rot. If I had a full crop going, these RH figures would be excellent news. Today is going to be a great day, still really dry, winds slowed down a bit, but still going to be 81° today.

Happy Tokerday cron:thumb:

Here are some morning glory shots of the young ones getting a start to their day. I think I'll stop with the CFLs and just let them do their thing outside now.. :peace:
IMG_049320.jpg
IMG_049418.jpg
IMG_049520.jpg
IMG_049624.jpg

I think the shadowed plants are male. (see the shadow on the right?) ;)
PS If you notice the burnt leaf, it is because it is a burnt leaf edge from getting too close to the CFL.

RL, as an outdoor grower, do you top your plants at all, or just let nature go her way?

Back
Top Bottom