Scorpio's Cavalcade Of Horrors With Hempy, Genetics, Perpetual & Much Much More

I like catching Northerns. Very good eating if you know how to fillet them correctly and get those 5 yummy boneless fillets. Tastes close to walleye and perch.
Not sure my 4# line will do the trick...lol

Keep getting raped of bait

The trout are biting, nothing yet

Switch to a smaller hook, less bait.

Did, and bigger, same same same

Think it's crappie nibbles

Died off now, my old backpacking telescopic pole busted so down to one

Half HR more and it breakfast time

BACON and eggs...oh ya

My dad and I used to go on camping/fishing trips all the time. No hiking, just drive to a campsite on a lake, set up camp and fish fish fish. We would mostly got Schroon Lake just north of Lake George in the Adirondacks. Sometimes to Raquette Lake but back before it became a tourist attraction like it is today. My favorite was Forked lake where we would catch loads of Lake trout and Salmon. No huge ones, but a lot of them which keeps a kids attention and is more fun. Oh wait, I'm still like that fishing!

My dad and I used to go on camping/fishing trips all the time. No hiking, just drive to a campsite on a lake, set up camp and fish fish fish. We would mostly got Schroon Lake just north of Lake George in the Adirondacks. Sometimes to Raquette Lake but back before it became a tourist attraction like it is today. My favorite was Forked lake where we would catch loads of Lake trout and Salmon. No huge ones, but a lot of them which keeps a kids attention and is more fun. Oh wait, I'm still like that fishing!
I hear ya

No fish, but caught a great breakfast

Too warm now to fish and the bugs are terrible

Packing up, time to re locate

Sounds like your off to an eventful start to your day! I have to start organizing things today too. Headed back to the lake Saturday

Sounds like your off to an eventful start to your day! I have to start organizing things today too. Headed back to the lake Saturday
Nice, the other lakes farter east on the rim are better

I'm now in the pines, cooler and pretty quiet, occasional atv, but free dispersed camping
Hoping to Rambo an elk tonight....lol

IMG_20180720_104039.jpg

Power bait baby.....power bait
I'm hoping for a Pike this AM, no clue what to use, better hit Google
Tried powerbait many times, never could get anything to bite it. Its funny too....the chartreuse spinner out caught all the other colors we fished with by a 10 to 1 ratio. Same design to the spinners, same retrieval speed, everything the same but the color. Trout, especially Rainbow and Cutthroats love the Panther Martin spinners but will practically jump on shore if they think there is a chartreuse one!

Beautiful! Much sunnier today huh?

I see the Boomer clouds forming, but I'm more protected here
Storms thru tonight, not as much chance tomorrow
Tried powerbait many times, never could get anything to bite it. Its funny too....the chartreuse spinner out caught all the other colors we fished with by a 10 to 1 ratio. Same design to the spinners, same retrieval speed, everything the same but the color. Trout, especially Rainbow and Cutthroats love the Panther Martin spinners but will practically jump on shore if they think there is a chartreuse one!

Back home everything works. Most trout In Stocked lakes are harder to hit on spinners and such

I have a bunch with me but power bait never fails as long as the bottom dosent steal my gear like today...lol

I'm a fan of the black panther too. OS that what it's called? I use the flashier lures on cloudy days in murky water and the more natural ones in clear sunny conditions.

Strangely enough, last trip we couldnt catch shit with the spoons we caught 20+ trout with the week before. switched to chartreuse power bait and killed it. I may need to grab some rooster tails with a good green.

You got me... headed to the river now....

I'm a fan of the black panther too. OS that what it's called? I use the flashier lures on cloudy days in murky water and the more natural ones in clear sunny conditions.

Strangely enough, last trip we couldnt catch shit with the spoons we caught 20+ trout with the week before. switched to chartreuse power bait and killed it. I may need to grab some rooster tails with a good green.

You got me... headed to the river now....

Try Garlic Power bait, it's the shizz
Guy said it mimicks the hatchery food the best, I always have two cars in me
And rainbow

Chartruse is always a good rooster for sure
I use fly's and floating bober and line in mt lakes, like fly fishing but with spinning gear, brookies love em

Well I didnt have any luck, but it was a beauty of a day!

Well if and when I get into town I'll for sure grab some of that garlic bait. I wanted to grab another cheapo rod too. I'm stuck with old rusty cause the wife likes mine better....

Yeah the storms seem to always come up from the south towards the end of the day during monsoon season. Makes for some beautiful sunsets though

Back
Top Bottom