SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

re: SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

Alright guys I know the pictures its hard to tell exactly the measurements and everything of the room
so i went ahead and created the blueprint towards the room via Paint haha

it basically lays out how i set up my room

WHAT IS BASICALLY IS:
blue_print.JPG

DETAILS:
- 9'X15' ROOM
- (3) KING COBRA SUN LEAVES 1000W REFLECTOR HOODS
- (3) 1000W HPS PWRED BY: (3) "DIMMABLE" DIGITAL LUMATEK SUPERLUMENS* BALLASTS
- NASA sized CARBON FILTER w/ 1260cfm FAN
- 700cfm INTAKE/EXHAUST FAN AIR-COOLING (3) 1000W HPS
-- the source of air is going to come out of a different room. no air is being exhausted out of the room
- (1) 14,000btu A/C & (1) 10,000btu UNIT "comming soon.."
- 70 pint DEHUMIDIFIER
- SENTINEL CHHC-4 CONTROLLER (ENVIRONMENT)
-- c02 TANK W/ REGULATOR ^ "FUZZY LOGIC"
- (2) WHITE FLOOD TABLES - (1) 4"X4" & (1) 4"X8"
- (24) 2L TRAYS ( HOLDS 8 2L BOTTLE(S) IN PLACE )

That is the project so far...
whatcha' think?

Alright guys I know the pictures its hard to tell exactly the measurements and everything of the room
so i went ahead and created the blueprint towards the room via Paint haha

it basically lays out how i set up my room

WHAT IS BASICALLY IS:
blue_print.JPG

DETAILS:
- 9'X15' ROOM
- (3) KING COBRA SUN LEAVES 1000W REFLECTOR HOODS
- (3) 1000W HPS PWRED BY: (3) "DIMMABLE" DIGITAL LUMATEK SUPERLUMENS* BALLASTS
- SENTINEL HPH-8 LIGHT CONTROLLER ( HOLDS UP (8) 1K BALLASTS )
- NASA sized CARBON FILTER w/ 1260cfm FAN
- 700cfm INTAKE/EXHAUST FAN AIR-COOLING (3) 1000W HPS
-- the source of air is going to come out of a different room. no air is being exhausted out of the room
- (1) 14,000btu A/C & (1) 10,000btu UNIT "comming soon.."
- 70 pint DEHUMIDIFIER
- SENTINEL CHHC-4 CONTROLLER (ENVIRONMENT)
-- c02 TANK W/ REGULATOR ^ "FUZZY LOGIC"
- (2) WHITE FLOOD TABLES - (1) 4"X4" & (1) 4"X8"
- (24) 2L TRAYS ( HOLDS 8 2L BOTTLE(S) IN PLACE )
- (1) BADAZZ BLADEZ WALL-MOUNTED OSCILLATING FAN
- (1) iPOD RADIO LISTENING TO TOP 40 BILLBOARD *THE GIRLS ARE DIVA(S)*
- TIMER(S)&HYGROMETER
- HANNAH INSTRUMENTS pH / PPM / TEMP METER

NUTES:
CYCO PLATINUM SERIES
BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS ELITE 3-PART + LIQUID BLUE BLOOM BOOSTER

EXTRAS:
-PULLY SYSTEM TO LOWER/RAISE LIGHT(S)
-"ROUND UP" FEEDING SYSTEM
-JORGE CERVANTES BIBLE!!! *
-FULLY INSULATED WALLS & ROOF! ALONG WITH INFRARED BLOCK&REFLECTOR ON ALL THE WALLS AND CEILING
-EXTENDED HEAVY DUTY POWER CHORD(S)& POWER STRIP(S)
- misc. TOOLS ( ex: measuring cups, etc. )

ADDITIONAL CHEMICAL(S):
- CLEAREX / SM-90 / OGRANICIDE / SUPERTHRIVE / GENERAL HYDROPONICS pH UP&DOWN

and most importantly
LOTS OF LOVE!!!

That is the project so far...
whatcha' think?

:420:

Hey whats up? Thought Id pop in and check things out. You had a bumpy start but i'm loving the grow space. I'm jealous . Anyways, I'm in from here.

Looking good man. I can't wait to see how they respond. The only thing I would change would be the side that your light cooling fan is on. It should be on the intake side pushing not pulling. The air will be cooler running thru the fan if it is on the intake side saving it from wearing out quite as fast. I am jealous of you set up man Reps and a 5 star.

haha im blushing
:blalol:

thanks guys ! much appreciated!!

Yeah what I will be doing is taking ducting the front intake of the air-cooled lights thru the drywall straight into the other room where it will be a/c cooled air and have it intake from there straight thru the lights.. im sure the 700cfm centrifugal fan has enough power to pull the air thru the lights and it being colder air already should be optimal. But if it doesn't work then I will go ahead and maybe add another like 300cfm fan or so so assist in pushing air thru while the 700 cfm fan remains pulling.

also! update on the mother chamber!!

I have expanded the mother room ! its about 3 times the size now.. I plan on having at least 20 STRONG BIG ASS MOMMYS
I want to be able to take 192 cutting(s) at once! and drop them all at once I realized to get this on the scale I want it to be ..I need massive clones... so i should have (3) 72 site cloners running like the one I have.. take the strongest cutting(s) and drop them in..

will be expanding and expanding overtime!

I took another 48 cutting(s) last night.. hopefully at least 45 strong ones make it thru.. and I will be droppin those into flowering in 2 weeks.

Girls in flower are on day 18 today!

I left my camera chord.. photo updates tomorrow!

The room expansion should be done tomorrow as well.. lots of construction going on.. busy busy busy

stay tuned!
:lot-o-toke:

Hey SpiriTHC- not sure how I missed your journal up till now... but WOAH. Nice setup.
I'm glad to see you're in better spirits these days, keep on keepin on my friend.

a question: It looks from the drawings that you are using the same intake for the lights and A/C? Or do you have separate intakes for each? I think the point of using cool outside air for the intake of the A/C would be defeated if you're using air that just came over the lights...

Anyway, Love the setup, grade A stuff. I wish I had that much space :) +Reps

Hi SpiriTHC,

Things are looking good...looking forward to pics

:popcorn:

Hey surfbuddy!
thanks! and welcome aboard.. I can tell you already have your surfboard for the ride ! :surf:

yeah i have to edit that blueprint! lol
the a/c intake and exhaust are both out of the room.. and the intake goes thru the wall into another room which is a/c cooled..
therefore, no air in the room is being exhausted.. my carbon filter scrubs it and it is c02 enriched :geek:

TSUNAMI OF GREEEN'

The first wave which will be called "Kahuna" started its swell in April 25th.
The wave has risen to approx 20 inches in height! At day 20 (day was photo taken)
Green_192.jpg

Green_195.jpg

Green_200.jpg

-- Cyco vs. BPN ..seems to be a tie as of right now.. we'll see when later flowering occurs
ppm: 800ish pH.5.8-6.0

UPDATE ON THE MOTHER ROOM EXPANSION
- to start off .. it has pretty much tripled in size.. adding an additional 9ft x 7-8ish ft
Now, we can get the party started.. make this perpetual thing pick up in wave size.. (i plan on planting a bunch of seeds)
Green_190.jpg

Green_190.jpg

Green_204.jpg

Green_205.jpg

Green_206.jpg

Green_207.jpg

ALL DONE :high-five:
Green_213.jpg

Green_212.jpg

Happy BABY CLONES :party:
Green_211.jpg

CAURTO DE FLORISTA
FLOWERING ROOM UPDATE!
- To show you how it works.

STEP 1: A/C blows from the garage down to what is left of a narrow hallway between the Mother Chamber (right) and Flowering Chamber (left) passing straight into the laundry room (which is now a/c cooled)..

Green_217.jpg

STEP 2: The a/c cooled laundry room has a whole thru the dry wall that leads to the Flowering Chamber.. This will act as the intake by the 700 cfm fan (which is plentiful for three 1000hps)

Green_220.jpg

Green_219.jpg

Green_218.jpg

End result leading to maximizing our equipment.. ALL THREE LIGHT(s) ARE ON NOW AND CAN BE CRANKED!
No air what so ever is leaving the room and the carbon filer no long exhausts into the attic..
It will be on a timer.. to come on for roughly 2 minutes every so often..
it has a 1060 cfm 12inch fan on it right now. And the room is 1080 cu/ft therefore 2 minutes is more than enough to suck in all the air and cleanse it up.. then the c02 meter will kick off fill up the room back to c02 enrichment requirements and power back off (thanks to the sentinel CHHC-4 controller) The room stays at 78-79 degrees right now.. which will be perfect !

rH still a problem somewhat.. hit 60% after feeding..wayy too high for my comfort.. the dehumidifier doesn't seem to be working as i want to.. it is a kenmore 70 pint, but i did realize today i set it to the lowest setting possible.. so i am gonna let it run tonight on the highest standard and see what happens.. :hmmmm: oh well i will play with that and figure it out .. as everything else.. LOL NOOBIE FTW

come on :420:

Lemme hear what you have to say..
I am really happy if I may say so myself..

I feel as if this remedied my confused heart and soul

:thanks:
Once again,
:rollit:

Air conditioned outer room is great. You could mount a window ac in the wall of the flowering room to the hallway. This ac could help dial in humidity by removing moisture that can be collected in the hallway. It's good water for reuse. As long as lights are getting cold air pushed across them or pulled and vented to the outside the wall ac might work. Ive built a room this way. It's borrowed from a trusted method where a series of flower chambers are built around 2 1000 lights and a window ac. The ac is set high in line with the lights and that's it. Sealed rooms easily contained. Filter for scrubbing. The key is the larger room or outer room is sealed and clean but that it also has intake and exhaust. This must breathe and also remove odor. While acting as a lung.

High Spiri, your epic grow is impressive. I admire the scale of your ambition.

I have an idea about the light heat. The sealed air stream could come from outside and exit to the same. Can't be that hot outside that you couldn't cool your lights with it. Save your AC energy for the grow air?

Another thing, the moms that are on a low table. Raise the table and cover with visqueen, all shaped & sloped to channel water to a bucket. Then you can feed with drippers on a half inch line and a small sub pump on a timer. Run-through/overflow containment is the engineering crux; auto dripping is easy cheap and good.

I offer these thoughts, but you are dealing with all issues as they present themselves. If you keep up with your plan's demands you will learn more than you dreamed, and be rewarded ;)

+rep for the show :thanks:

Thanks a million!!
I appreciate it!

I thought about cooling the lights with the outside air.. but its 90 degrees on average here.. way too hot for my comfort lol.. and it will get even hotter in the peak of summer.. as far as the drip system... YEAH i def gotta come up with something.. especially the flowering girls.. the moms are easy to feed .. its like twice a week at most.. but those 2L DWC-H are so mini that they drink it up in no time..

i think if there is a drip system in there those little devices will produce some explosive buds.

THANKS OG and Propa !
Glad to have you guys here and the inputs are always helpful in the development of this grow!

+REPS to you both!

Sup Spirit? Looks like u will be coming up on defoiliation in next day or 2. Do you plan on practicing this technique? Plants look good man. Also do u plan on cranking those ppms up a bit here shortly? What ppm is your co2 running at? Should be about full strength now right? Last question. How far up are your lights?

Let me start by saying, oooohhhhh how I wish I had your setup. Superb to say the least. For a noob I think you got it all and then some! Top notch setup dude.+reps. K nuf said, I am a hvac guy and can tell you from experience that you need to get rid of that 14000 btu ac boat anchor, and replace it with a window shaker. You can get a 12000 btu from the biggest box store for under $250.00. The reason for this is that the portable ones push way too much air out than they cool, just feel the air going out through the exhaust side and compare it to the cooling side, should be about three time the amount of air, Extremely inefficient. Plus if you set the window air to circulate, not draw in fresh air, it will act as your dehumidifier, yes air conditioners are almost the same thing as a dehumidifier. Another thing, after you change out the ac, turn all of your lights on and see where the temp goes, cause I can tell you from past experience, that you dont want to be adding another ac unit and all of its construction with a room full of plants. This is important to do, run them all full blast to see if you need another ac unit. All the manufacturers say what the unit can do under NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES, not in a grow room. Plus this would be one less exhaust going into your attic. Witch brings me to another point. Check the humidity in your attic, VERY IMPORTANT! If you are exhausting into your attic, and the humidity is high up there it can rot and mold your attic. If anyone has had to deal with mold in a house they know what I'm talking about. Even if you have an exhaust fan in your attic, check the humidity, can cost you thousands of dollars in mold eradication. Other than those two points you are well on your way dude, the best of luck, and I'll be checkin in, later.

looking fantastic!,, i have a thought or 2 how commited to the h-dwc? do you have a backup plan if this unproven system ends up not living up to your hopes , im worried about them since i finished up a a couple myself ,thats alot of valueable plants to lose if ( god forbid) anything go's wrong, i would be reluctant to try that many , but im sure it will be fine! lol your mother space is bigger than my entire operation several times over, this is gonna be much fun to follow along with! great job + reps:thumb:

Sup Spirit? Looks like u will be coming up on defoiliation in next day or 2. Do you plan on practicing this technique? Plants look good man. Also do u plan on cranking those ppms up a bit here shortly? What ppm is your co2 running at? Should be about full strength now right? Last question. How far up are your lights?

Hey tip!
I honestly do don't know If I want to stress out the plant in any means right now.. so I am debating.. it is a hard decision that I must come up with within the next day or so.. And the ppm's will be cranked up .. the c02 tank will be runnin at 900ppm - 1000ppm i think for now.. kinda build up into it.. the light are a little above 2ft because of some light burn occuring.. will see how that plays out.. those lights are no joke.. thank god they are dim able!

Back
Top Bottom