No its a real place we go fishing.
Merry Christmas.
I've never went ice fishing!!! I want to go sooo badly! I'm always so jealous whenever I watch Life Below Zero!

I've never went ice fishing!!! I want to go sooo badly! I'm always so jealous whenever I watch Life Below Zero!
You can rent cabins on the ice.
Stay out there for days.:bong:
It's a fun escape from regular life.
My buddy owns a lodge on lake Nosbonsing .
That's where we go now.

20221225_043302.jpg

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

That's where we go now.

20221225_043302.jpg

You look like you are in your glory! Wish I was there!

Must have been waiting a while for a tug on that line huh

:bong::bong::bong:

You look like you are in your glory! Wish I was there!

Must have been waiting a while for a tug on that line huh

:bong::bong::bong:
It was a wonderful day.
Just Stacey's son and I. :love:
Big hut to ourselves

20221225_045000.jpg

Hope Teddy isn't mad at me over these!

I see a Dick's bag so I'm happy with that. And get your heads out of the gutter non Americans...Dicks is a sporting goods store here in the states not a well you know.... :rofl:

..same to you Chicago :green_heart:
Cmon now Jersey I know what the SGs store is we have them here to. I’m happy Santa was kind to ya but I’m thinking 🤔 you prolly bribed him with a little herbal tea +such.lol CL🍀

That's where we go now.

20221225_043302.jpg

Nice Walleye ya got there Bill,did you fillet + fry em? CL🍀

Nice Walleye ya got there Bill,did you fillet + fry em? CL🍀
Yes it was absolutely beautiful.
Fish & chips, mmmmm.
Can't get any fresher than that. :thumb:

Fish & chips, mmmmm.

That’s how I did it in Florida, I’d fillet it my girl would fry, blackened or broil and the cat would go nuts wanting some. Cool cat 🐱,only cat I ever cared about. CL🍀

It was a wonderful day.
Just Stacey's son and I. :love:
Big hut to ourselves
:love::circle-of-love::love:
20221225_045000.jpg

Hope Teddy isn't mad at me over these!
Hahaha...he's on vacation but I'm sure he loved seeing this side of you anyways!
Cmon now Jersey I know what the SGs store is we have them here to. I’m happy Santa was kind to ya but I’m thinking 🤔 you prolly bribed him with a little herbal tea +such.lol CL🍀
I was gonna but just the standard milk and cookies cause

FB_IMG_1671402364725.jpg

Fish & chips, mmmmm.
I love fish and chips! Wish I could still eat them!
Merry Christmas Krissi , Family and 420 Company.
Merry Christmas West!! Love you!! Xoxo
That’s how I did it in Florida, I’d fillet it my girl would fry, blackened or broil and the cat would go nuts wanting some. Cool cat 🐱,only cat I ever cared about. CL🍀
Mmmm blacked anything. Gosh I'm still full from last night, though...

Hi guys!

Hope everyone had and/or contonue to has a wonderful holiday!

Mine ia contiuning in an hour so I have to be quick so I apologize for the lack of Krissi commentary, just pics!

Actually took these in the wee hours but I didn't have a chance to upload them until just before.

My Big Bull girls, Alvin and Simon, are sitting pretty and covered in trichomes at Day 85/86, DAY 28 FLOWER.
Got some close ups with an original idea to talk about trichomes and sugar some but tike is ticking and I'm trying to update 2/3 journals at least before I have to go again!

Check back tomorrow with a follow up to this post!

Happy growing this New Year's week!

Krissi! I love the name of this journal!! Them bud are looking proper as well! Hope I’m not too late
You found me! Thank you, I thought it was so fun! Glad you came by, it's never too late! Happy to have you but more happy you're enjoying yourself here and in this community!
So much to learn and so much laughing to be had while doing it-we have a great bunch of growers, glad we can now add YOU to our wonderful mix of members!

Sorry no updates for my journals this morning guys and gals, I just woke up about 15 minutes ago, luckily the baby slept in with me in bed once he got up from his. The holidays are exhausting everyone!

Be back tonight or early morning with some more of the girls!

Highya Krissi,

I'm glad you're getting your rest!! Happy Smokin'

Highya Krissi,

I'm glad you're getting your rest!! Happy Smokin'
Hi Bode! Have to run to do returns today but then it's back to the house. Hope to be out and back in a jiffy. But I'm not moving until at least 2 more cups of coffee are down the hatch! I was wondering where you were, I was surprised not to hear you comment on the Big Bull buds, you're always the first to comment on sugar! Hope you had a great holiday Bode, resting today and I'll be back in the mix tomorrow!

Highya Krissi,

I visited your journals. Saw that you were so busy, didn't want to add to your burden! I left an entry in one journal. I'll chat more as soon as your schedule eases. My system gets out-of-sorts pretty easy, these days! I hope you're able to get more rest after you get those things done!! Happy Smokin'

Highya Krissi,

I visited your journals. Saw that you were so busy, didn't want to add to your burden! I left an entry in one journal. I'll chat more as soon as your schedule eases.
Oh I know you did, super kind of you to think of my hustle bustle the last few days or so but you never have to shortchange yourself our conversations for my schedule!
My system gets out-of-sorts pretty easy, these days! I hope you're able to get more rest after you get those things done!! Happy Smokin'
Mine does too, it has taken me til today to recover, another day babe and I stayed in bed til 10AM. Tomorrow night, we have to be somewhere over an hour away too. Then it's over. Thank goodness. Look forward to chatting again!

So hey there guys and gals. As I sit here on the rug in my laundry room typing this update up, I sip on my coffee and am thinking to myself how much despite all the CONTINUOUS effort that needs to go into making one of our grows successful, somehow, some way, we find the energy to do it.

When you love doing what you do, it's never work. The 16 jug days, the trimming, the pruning, the training, the cleaning, the everything, it is so worth it!

I'm coming into today with some more developmental bud shots. I'd really like to keep this journal moving forward in terms of a budding focus. These 2 @CannaPot Big Bull photoperiods from the Kannabia Seed Bank are bulking up fast, sugaring up heavily, and changing colors with every day.

I figured today we would talk a little about one of the 3 parents to this European created strain of BLACK DOMINA X EARLY PEARL X SKUNK.

BLACK DOMINA in the ROUGH

Black Domina
is our focal parent of the day so let's go ahead and discuss just where this strain came from and how it plays a role in the development of my girls. We see a lot of this strain in the final product, as it has a heavy hand on the genetics of Big Bull.

Black Domina is a near-pure indica, with a sativa/indica ratio of roughly 5:95. That means the high is centered almost entirely on the body, leaving patients lazy, euphoric, sleepy, and happy. THC potency is fairly high in Black Domina, topping at least 18% in some tests.

This strain is a product of a four-way crossbreed between Northern Lights, Ortega, Hash Plant, and Afghani SA, all strong indicas.

MEDICINAL USES

Effective medical uses for this strain include anxiety, low mood, migraine headaches, chronic pain, nausea, stress, and insomnia.

THE FLAVOR/AROMAS

The flavor contains notes of citrus, coffee, and nuts, while the smell is a combination of berries, citrus, loam, nuts, and spice. The fragrance is fruity and spicy similar to blackberries and pepper.

THE BUDS

The buds are dark green and purple, with dense, frosty trichomes and lots of sticky resin. One of the best characteristics of Black Domina is its color. Super dark green with splashes of dark purple and in some conditions, it can appear almost black. Orange hairs pop out in great contrast. It truly has one of the best bag appeals on the market.

TRICHOMES

As I wanted to touch on trichomes the other day, figured we would close today with a little information on their development as it is clearly playing a role at DAY 29 FLOWER for these Big Bull girls.

Trichomes become more prominent during the third or fourth week of the flowering stage of your plants. At this phase, you should have already started inducing the needed nutrients that your plants need to improve trichome production and effectiveness.

Trichomes are microscopic resin glands found on many plants, including cannabis. These resin glands range from 50-100 μm and have a mushroom-like shape, with a “stalk” and a roundish head, where the cannabinoids (such as CBD and THC), terpenes, and over 400 other chemical compounds are produced and stored during the flowering stage.

Although most growers start closely examining the colour of their cannabis trichomes towards the end of harvest, the trichomes are present on cannabis in smaller quantities from being a young plant, though some of these will be invisible to the naked eye. As the plants ages, the trichomes increase in quantity and start to become most noticeable midway through bloom.

For most growers, the denser the trichomes, the better. Towards the end of bloom, if you started with the best cannabis seeds, you will see a thick resin crusting of trichomes on the buds and the leaves. This can give a white/silvery, appearance to your blooms. If you squeeze the buds, the oils and terpenes in the resin head burst out onto your fingers producing a great aroma.

As you can see from the picture spread today, we see a lot of these Black Domina characteristics already, in our Big Bulls.

The staple squat indica appearance is of course one of the main similarities, but the color/shape of the developing buds and the heavy trichome production are also indicative of this strain

Hope everyone has a fantastic grow day and I'll be around whenever I can catching up where I can today. Off to the next journalz catch you all on the flip side!

Highya Krissi,

Big Bull's are putting out massive quanities of trichomes!! It's very noticeable, alright! Very big buds! Very happy looking plants! And they're starting the color show! How pretty.

I have a question about trichomes. First, I'm assuming THC (CBD, terpenes, etc.) are only in trichomes. Are trichomes in the buds as thick as on the sugar leaves? Smoking bud with sugar leaves isn't as good as smoking well-trimmed bud? It doesn't make sense to trim the trichomes off from the buds. Just bringing it up for discussion.

Do you have a busy New Year's schedule? I don't even stay up to "watch the ball drop". Life here is very low-keyed! I guess it's part of the aging process. Happy Smokin'

Highya Krissi,

Big Bull's are putting out massive quanities of trichomes!! It's very noticeable, alright!
I think so for early in week 4!
Very big buds! Very happy looking plants! And they're starting the color show! How pretty.
I loves me some Alvin and Simon. So blessed to have these seeds and smart of me to run them again. I really enjoy this indica very much.
I have a question about trichomes. First, I'm assuming THC (CBD, terpenes, etc.) are only in trichomes. Are trichomes in the buds as thick as on the sugar leaves? Smoking bud with sugar leaves isn't as good as smoking well-trimmed bud? It doesn't make sense to trim the trichomes off from the buds. Just bringing it up for discussion.
OK so...there are technically 3 kinds of trichomes on our buds: bulbous, capitate sessile and capitate stalked while glandular trichomes are specialized hairs found on most plants.

In cannabis, capitate sessile trichomes are what make up most of the trichomes on the leaves. Their main purpose is to protect the leaves from pathogens but they also function to store and secrete secondary metabolites.

Bulbous trichomes are all over the place while the ones we really like on the buds and also the ones that come in most abundance during flower, are called capitate stalked. They carry with them the highest amount of cannabinoids and terpenes.

....Cutting the leaf off is just for me, a looks thing paired with a smoother smoke. I don't want to waste trichome resin either....

Do you have a busy New Year's schedule? I don't even stay up to "watch the ball drop". Life here is very low-keyed! I guess it's part of the aging process. Happy Smokin'
Nope. Sure don't. Going to be home ALL DAY.

I am aging right beside you, don't feel bad

OK so...there are technically 3 kinds of trichomes on our buds: bulbous, capitate sessile and capitate stalked while glandular trichomes are specialized hairs found on most plants.

In cannabis, capitate sessile trichomes are what make up most of the trichomes on the leaves. Their main purpose is to protect the leaves from pathogens but they also function to store and secrete secondary metabolites.

Bulbous trichomes are all over the place while the ones we really like on the buds and also the ones that come in most abundance during flower, are called capitate stalked. They carry with them the highest amount of cannabinoids and terpenes.

....Cutting the leaf off is just for me, a looks thing paired with a smoother smoke. I don't want to waste trichome resin either....
That is why it important to do a trichome shake on all your leaves.
Don't want to be throwing away something like this

IMG_2598.JPG

Back
Top Bottom