Hi Krissi, Happy Thanksgiving! That roll. Is that the one that tastes like a smoked shoulder but is all compacted and in a roll?
Happy Thanksgiving Stone!! The roll? We talking like Stromboli or what? What roll? I'm so confused! Should I be confused? Did I miss myself talking about a roll somewhere? Damn this weed

Happy Turkey Day HG, I hope you have a wonderful favorite holiday of the year! I'll be smoking considerably today as I trim Curly and I'll think of you as I eat my pork roll, egg and cheese on a whole wheat everything bagel while I do-the Thanksgiving brunch of champions!

Thanks, Krissi. We celebrate Thanksgiving in October as I'm Canadian. But, thanks for the kind thought.

Sorry to hear of the numb arm/hand. Is this a symptom of your condition (MS???)? I hope it's eased by now.

Happy Thanksgiving Stone!! The roll? We talking like Stromboli or what? What roll? I'm so confused! Should I be confused? Did I miss myself talking about a roll somewhere? Damn this weed

I think Stone is talking about your pork roll mentioned above.

Thanks, Krissi. We celebrate Thanksgiving in October as I'm Canadian. But, thanks for the kind thought.
Oopsies.....of course...
Sorry to hear of the numb arm/hand. Is this a symptom of your condition (MS???)? I hope it's eased by now.
I'm not sure until I see the neurologist again in late January after my MRI. My rheumatologist just told me I was misdiagnosed when I lived in Indiana and I don't have psoriatic arthritis, it is early advanced degenerative osteoarthritis and he feels as if this is all because of nerve damage based off of the deformation of my bones from my neck (why I saw the neurologist in the first place) and my shoulder (what my orthopedic originally was treating me or not treating me for before referring me to the neurologist) all the way to my hips, elbows, knees. My mother had double hip replacement at 55 and never played a sport in her life. I was told I got bad genetics. The brain fog and occasional blurred vision, lethargy, forgetfulness on top of the numbness is what is causing concern for an MS diagnosis after the MRI. Also with the tests I just had done by my rheumatologist, he told me I have thick blood and it could be a sign of PV which is a type of rare blood cancer that just shows up over time after a genetic mutation in the JA something gene from what he told me. Causes the body to produce too many red blood cells. Symptoms fall in line with some of the ones I mentioned for MS earlier and could answer why my CEA numbers (a carcinoembryonic antigen) have been increasing and have been elevated over normal for the last almost 3 years. He is forwarding all of this new information over to my oncologist who I see Jan 10th that can hopefully help provide answers I've been searching for.
I think Stone is talking about your pork roll mentioned above.
Aaah yes pork roll. It is a combination of bacon, Canadian bacon, ham but in a form that's a log and its sliced but sears up crisp. It's got the flavor profile of all of the above and resembles a cut of Canadian bacon the most. It is delicious and was only recently available over the last several years anywhere but over my way. Pork roll egg and cheese on a hard roll with Sriracha omg

So I trimmed Curly up and I am sorry for not having pictures right now of her buds but it was a long day for me that day and I just wanted to get cleaned up so I could move onto my next task.

I did get a couple cool shots of her trichome ridden leaves for you guys and I'll be back with nug shots of the harvest in a few days when I go to jar her probably mid week for burp and cure.

I've got some photos of the SSC girls but I need to upload them still, just trying to catch up on communications best I can before I need to run errands today.

I'll be back later with the near week 8 flowering ladies for now, a sneak peak of Curly's harvest photos....

OK back with the SSC girls photos then off to run errands!

We are getting close, they are finishing off quickly and showing their little foxtail structures as they bulk

Highya Krissi,

Gorgeous color! They're huge! They look like they'll break the bamboo sticks for being so heavy! And the frost is unbelievable. They look ready for harvest except for some white pistils. This year at harvest time, my SSH's did that too. I thought "are they going to stop with the white pistils?!?" Well, they did! When they start turning golden/orange, they'll all turn fairly quickly. I hope the same for you!! Such nice looking nugs!! Happy Smokin'

Highya Krissi,

Gorgeous color! They're huge! They look like they'll break the bamboo sticks for being so heavy!
They are bulking up big time. I'm a firm believer in this Humboldt's Flower Stacker now that I have used it last and this grow. Absolutely makes an impact on the size of the buds come harvest.
And the frost is unbelievable.
The frost has me so gitty! I can't wait to be all sticked up trimming them! Thinking they both will finish at the same time, too. I've never had that happen to me before!
They look ready for harvest except for some white pistils. This year at harvest time, my SSH's did that too. I thought "are they going to stop with the white pistils?!?" Well, they did! When they start turning golden/orange, they'll all turn fairly quickly. I hope the same for you!! Such nice looking nugs!! Happy Smokin'
It's these foxtail curlies! They just keep making new pistils! I'm gonna get in here for a good trichome check end of the week. I won't be able to trim next weekend if they're ready, they'll just have to sit in the tent without lights for a while. My parents are flying in Friday and will be here through Tuesday so we shall see!

Thanks for the advice and the love!

The one i was thinking of is about 3 lb's of smoked shoulder in a tube like a salami. It oddly tastes exactly as if I made a boiled dinner with a shoulder. I found one during a manic covid food gathering back in 2000 sometime when food shortages were a thing. I'd put it in a canned ham ++ category. Tasty but not something I normally choose. Now what you just described sounds like gold! Bacon is king!

It’s just bliss :love:
Awww Nev, my old friend. It's so refreshing to see you pop up on my journals. How is everything? You still have the 3 plants going buddy?
The one i was thinking of is about 3 lb's of smoked shoulder in a tube like a salami. It oddly tastes exactly as if I made a boiled dinner with a shoulder. I found one during a manic covid food gathering back in 2000 sometime when food shortages were a thing. I'd put it in a canned ham ++ category. Tasty but not something I normally choose. Now what you just described sounds like gold! Bacon is king!
At first I thought you meant Braciole but now I am curious what it was! Pork roll I feel like you should have access to in MA!!

Awww Nev, my old friend. It's so refreshing to see you pop up on my journals. How is everything? You still have the 3 plants going buddy?

At first I thought you meant Braciole but now I am curious what it was! Pork roll I feel like you should have access to in MA!!
Nope. Just a smoked shoulder all jellied up and into an inedible casing like a bologna so you can either slice it or throw it in a pot for a boiled dinner(it will fall apart into its chunks) with carrots potatoes onions turnip etc.. I had it once and was floored at how much it was like a traditional Sunday dinner at our house as a kid. I wasn't driven to go again though. I'd rather a bone in like Ma made and get a pea soup too.

Nope. Just a smoked shoulder all jellied up and into an inedible casing like a bologna so you can either slice it or throw it in a pot for a boiled dinner(it will fall apart into its chunks) with carrots potatoes onions turnip etc.. I had it once and was floored at how much it was like a traditional Sunday dinner at our house as a kid. I wasn't driven to go again though. I'd rather a bone in like Ma made and get a pea soup too.
Sounds super yummy! But my FAVORITE soup is Split Pea so I am totally with you! I'm always given the bones whenever there is a ham somewhere cooked for that very reason! Man after my own heart!

So guys and gals, the time has come for my SSC girls, Mo and Larry. I chopped them today, 1st time ever cut the tree down and hung them upside down and I'm going to end up dry trimming them. First time EVER.

I figure, I'll learn something new and not inundate myself with more stress trying to get the Deelite in jars and them on racks (I had to order another rack as I wasn't expecting both to be done at the same time) and with the company coming and the Big Bulls and Blueberry Autoflower from the 4 x 4 needing to go somewhere for spatial reasons, this just seemed like the best idea.

I hate to see this beautifully colored tent now cleaned and empty waiting on a shift but I enjoyed every minute of this grow and I can't wait to get pics of all 3 of the girls beautiful nuggets.

This journal will remain open until I can do that for all of you.

So expect some quiet time here and then a bunch of beautiful Deelite and Super Silver Crack nuggets for you all to enjoy!

Until then, here's the last of this tent and a few trichome shots- somw were on the foxtailed buds and some from underneath those where the older growth is.

Have a wonderful evening and rest of your week if I don't post here again until then!

Highya Krissi,

Totally gorgeous!! Well grown! I know you know that. I'm just agreeing with you!
Talk to you when I can. Happy Smokin'

Highya Krissi,

Totally gorgeous!! Well grown! I know you know that. I'm just agreeing with you!
Talk to you when I can. Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode, my happy little girls are now big girls ready for the pasture. This is the cycle we live with our plants, just try to make their time with me as happy as I can-I think they got it!
That's the goal, to get em upside down! Sweet day when it happens! So nice!
This is a true story! They were a remarkable grow, I'll hold onto that! Thanks for following along with them Stone!

3.27 OZ of Deelite jarred and curing. Thank you Curly for all your hard work my little Auto.

Deelite-jarred.jpg
Deelite Autoflower-jarred.jpg
Deelite-Curing.jpg

Cured bud photos to follow next week along with trimming photos of my first-ever dry trim attempt with the Super Silver Crack sisters.

Happy growing day!

I'm not sure until I see the neurologist again in late January after my MRI. My rheumatologist just told me I was misdiagnosed when I lived in Indiana and I don't have psoriatic arthritis, it is early advanced degenerative osteoarthritis and he feels as if this is all because of nerve damage based off of the deformation of my bones from my neck (why I saw the neurologist in the first place) and my shoulder (what my orthopedic originally was treating me or not treating me for before referring me to the neurologist) all the way to my hips, elbows, knees. My mother had double hip replacement at 55 and never played a sport in her life. I was told I got bad genetics. The brain fog and occasional blurred vision, lethargy, forgetfulness on top of the numbness is what is causing concern for an MS diagnosis after the MRI. Also with the tests I just had done by my rheumatologist, he told me I have thick blood and it could be a sign of PV which is a type of rare blood cancer that just shows up over time after a genetic mutation in the JA something gene from what he told me. Causes the body to produce too many red blood cells. Symptoms fall in line with some of the ones I mentioned for MS earlier and could answer why my CEA numbers (a carcinoembryonic antigen) have been increasing and have been elevated over normal for the last almost 3 years. He is forwarding all of this new information over to my oncologist who I see Jan 10th that can hopefully help provide answers I've been searching for.

That's a lot. Well, I hope it's not cancer. And, it sucks about bad genetics. But, I hope you get a confirmed diagnosis of whatever it is and I hope that with treatment, your life will be good again. :hug:

Congrats on Curly's harvest. I'm going to miss her. Almost 100 grams is a good yield from an autoflower.

That's a lot. Well, I hope it's not cancer. And, it sucks about bad genetics. But, I hope you get a confirmed diagnosis of whatever it is and I hope that with treatment, your life will be good again. :hug:
:hug: thank you girlfriend. TK's family has been pushing me to find an answer now, Like go to the hospital and demand test after test but that just gives me more anxiety that I don't need. Just keeping the positive energies flowing and hoping for the best. My parents don't want to know I don't think, they have had enough stress lately with my Aunt passing.
Congrats on Curly's harvest. I'm going to miss her. Almost 100 grams is a good yield from an autoflower.
Decent yield. She was said to be a small 2 oz plant or so in terms of harvest amounts so I'm pleased with it. 3 oz just for me. She smells like dank, skunk with a citrus undertone. Very smooth smoke on both the palette and chest
Hi Stone. Happy Holidays my Mass friend :love:

Super Silver Crack buds smell like fierce kerosene, skunk and earthy danky dank. Reminds me a lot of how my NYC Diesel smelled but more earthy dank than kerosene.

Bizarre for me trying to trim these dry with all the leaves! Aaaah! I was freaking out trying to trim them up nice when I had to leave in an hour to get my parents from the airport.
Probably should have picked a better day to dry trim but they were ready for jarring and I didn't want to over dry them! Needless to say, I was 20 min late to the airport....

I had taken a few pics here and there over the last week and a half so I just uploaded them and I'll throw them all out here for you guys. Not the best pics, I was just trying to get any shots I could if I had a free minute which was seldom-my apologies for the current less than stellar photography, I know you all expect more from me buuuuuuut.....

I'll be back before I close the journal with final cured pics of the buds when the burp process has finished.

Back
Top Bottom