The Great Outdoor Group Grow: Beastly Buds To Honor Bonsai

Morning guys hope y'all having a blessed evening.... :snowboating:

If I may chip in mr.Derby I'm not sure if by weathered you mean left open to Mother Nature or covered with tarp or plastic....haha
For my garden I dug knee deep holes bout 10-15gal, line the bottom 15cm with small rocks for drainage and fill half the hole with composted manure and bonemeal. Then rest of mix is compost/promix, kelp meal and amendments.

What would I change this coming summer make the mouths of the holes wider and half the depth of the centre hole ( hot tub seats style if you looking from above ) more area for roots to spread out for a firmer base as wind is a bugger. And if you have a bad back like me let her legs grow till waist high then lollipop for airflow and save yourself a whole lot of bending...haha
Weathered to me is that's it's been open to the weather and been thru a freeze cycle. Thanks for sharing the info and I'll look into some of the amendments.

Weathered to me is that's it's been open to the weather and been thru a freeze cycle. Thanks for sharing the info and I'll look into some of the amendments.

When you turn it the centre will be your gold...

Well I didn't get an invite so I guess I'm gate crashing but I'm not gonna miss watching all the fun in bonsais name.

Hey don't worry mr.Bucket I saved ya a place told them it was for @Bilbobudkin420 but it's ok I got a spare beanbag too... :passitleft::snowboating:

Okay early on page 2 isn't too bad for a weekend! Hi, my name is InTheShed from legal Los Angeles, CA! I grow outside during the day (when the sun's out) and inside at night under Samsung strips and a Mars Hydro SP-250.

I have been testing MegaCrop nutes and adding only silica post flip. So far so good! I try to keep a flat canopy to make it easier to carry the plants around, because they are each moved twice a day 365 days a year. For training, I always go with supercropping my photos and LST for my autos (see the LST tutorial in my sig :)).

My biggest challenges are cold nights in the winter (cold for the plants...I can't complain) and thrips once the weather warms...like now!

My grow is perpetual, and here's a recent shot of what's happening here:

I just took down the Sour G today, the AK-47 comes down next weekend, and the Candidas are about 11 days into flip (put in a dark space at night).

Thanks MadDab for putting this thread together in honor of Bonsai. :rip:

:green_heart:

Awww @TurboBucket just assume you're the roommate that doesnt need an invitation cause the party is already in our backyard!

My outdoor will be finished by the time most on here will be getting cranking so I'll just share the video I would have posted in my own thread today here instead.

Growing in Australian outback, Guerilla style. Most seeds were randoms except for 3 Northern Lights, a small Jack Herer I already chopped and a shitty looking Neville's Haze that will probably still be budding when Spring hits lol Majority of the others smell like my Sal, a skunk red hair, for those unknown to her.

garden prep was a whole heap of pig shit, chook shit, fresh soil from the chook yard, and some ashed up charcoal from winter bon fires. Couple feeds of liquid fertiliser in veg and some potash and pk booster through flower.

Biggest challenge going guerrilla was the trudging of water but managed to run enough hoses from my property to where the bush grow is to keep up with the harsh Aussie summer. Fencing was essential to keep pests at bay, and luckily enough nothing has munched on them now they've outgrown the fence. Wooden stakes in the plot are 1.5m high for reference.

Thanks for the tag Dabs even though it carries with it saddening news. Nice of you to pay tribute and I hope all who drop by share in our common passion.

OMG... that was such fun! We need an emoticon that expresses that level of joy. Oh! .....

:yahoo:

@Tunkers, first, nivek would be honored if you’d share that on his creativity thread. The link is in my signature.

Second, nice job protecting them from critters! :high-five: Amy’s gonna love that film, if she hasn’t seen it already. Lol!

Ahhh.... thanks Tunkers. :hug: What a neat way to end a lovely day!

Dabber, great thread. :thumb:

RIP @Bonsaiweed blessings to your family cuz.
Ahhh Bilbos in! Wasn't gonna mess outdoors this year but in Bonsais honour ill drop a couple autos and make sure i do it right for you my G. Hope you got poofs wherever you are in this infinitely amazing universe.

Generally horse manure needs to be composted to prevent burning.

It can be used as a tea, but carefully.
I have a lot of horse poop.

Something went wrong, posted multiple times.

I'm in, going to try a Northern Minnesota grow with two auto's outside.
Thanks Miss Sue for the helpful link.

Hi all

Im going to do another outdoor grow this year. Last year's efforts were ok and provided a good supply of product.

This year will try to improve the timing of the finish (end August) and feed the girls a much improved diet.

One of my in the meadow girls from 2018.

Highya Guys,

I live near the coast of Maine, similar to BlewHiller. I'm dropping beans on the 6th this month. I have aquired a strain called "Moose and Lobsta" bred for this area - cold wet fall causing much botrytis. I grow in garden soil outdoors, with only organic locally sourced nutes. This year I'll be making all the nutes.

I didn't know Bonsaiweed, but am sorry he's passed. I hate to see anyone leaving this world who enjoys a joint with some friendship. I have respect for all fallen cannabis warriors.

I'm intending to do a journal for this summer. I have trouble (not tech savvy) getting pics online, so I may just post a few pics here this summer, if it's alright. Last year one Carnival went 9.5 ft. I'll see if I can find the pic.

Nice journal, MD. Thanks for setting this up. Btw, are you near the coast of Alaska? I think they have more snow interior. Fun watching you grow up there! Cheers

Never had issues once I used DE

Which would also add valuable silica to the soil for strong branches to support the riot of blossoms. :battingeyelashes:

Shelle sends her love and appreciation. :love:

I sent the link to her yesterday and she’s quietly peeking in. She wanted me to share how touched she is to see the outpouring of love for Bonsaiweed, and hopes everyone has a banner grow. :circle-of-love:

#IfYouBuildItTheyWillCome

Great work everyone!

@Oldbear we are in north pole, just outside of fairbanks. Weird weather this year for sure! But no complaints. There's a possibility of snow tonight, but any unshaded areas have all but melted. I wouldnt mind one more hard freeze to kill off any skeeters that hatched early. It seems to cut back the population significantly.

@SweetSue that's for passing along the link. It's the least we can do for someone who made such an impression here at 420.

Back
Top Bottom