The Quest For A Kilo

Before I do a proper update some pics from a couple of days ago.

When these pics were taken she was two days after the training session and so far behaving herself with an even canopy.

420-magazine-mobile1238572901.jpg
420-magazine-mobile232335407.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1496134600.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1257843530.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1383606762.jpg

And the other tent, the northern lights x big bud at the rear right looks like she will be done in a week or two, the purple kush is going to take a lot longer.

420-magazine-mobile1801616090.jpg

420-magazine-mobile994293629.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1798560592.jpg
420-magazine-mobile701358737.jpg

And what's left of the stash from the last big girl ;)

420-magazine-mobile1997579289.jpg

Hey mono I'm not sure which I salivated the most at, anticipation of what the big girl will look like, or the remains of your last big girl :)

Here are the two 'problem' plants that I currently have, to top them would leave quite a wound as their stems are pretty thick as you guessed. Would they survive it?

Killer Skunk:

IMG_041852.JPG

Crossed Incredible Bulk and White Strawberry Skunk:

IMG_049151.JPG

It's going to be a bit of a struggle for flowering to say the least.

I just noticed that the second picture has the topped IBxWWS side by side with it's untopped sister. I don't think this strain appreciates topping so much.

I think thats the case everywhere, here law enforcement have their hands full trying to go after heroin which is everywhere where im at.

It's never good to hear when hard drugs are rife in an area, it's saddening what it does to the lives of the users and their families.

Fortunately around here, it's mainly a police force with nothing to do. Every so often they do a spate of minor drug arrests or traffic violations to up the quota.

Hey mono I'm not sure which I salivated the most at, anticipation of what the big girl will look like, or the remains of your last big girl :)

Here are the two 'problem' plants that I currently have, to top them would leave quite a wound as their stems are pretty thick as you guessed. Would they survive it?

Crossed Incredible Bulk and White Strawberry Skunk:

It's going to be a bit of a struggle for flowering to say the least.

I just noticed that the second picture has the topped IBxWWS side by side with it's untopped sister. I don't think this strain appreciates topping so much.

Damn Kriaze! Those plants are huge!

Doing an aggressive topping would really slow them down, but would get them back under control.

You should have good success if you take them from about 12 inches above ground and slowly but firmly bend the main stem horizontally, it should just fold in half and create a kink like supercropping. You may have to tie it a bit to hold her over, or prop her up so they don't lay on the ground.

This is what I'm meaning (on a smaller scale) I just pinched the stem with my left hand and whilst maintaining pressure used my right hand to slowly and gently bend the stem until it folded.

It seems to work better on harder stems as the newer growth tends to snap much easier.

420-magazine-mobile1992414115.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1523711641.jpg

It should just make a fold in the stem which will form a lump. Although you might get some breakage too, which isn't too bad unless it's cutting through most of the stem.
420-magazine-mobile1849689356.jpg

Good thing is you would get them under control and the 'lump' acts as a nutrient junction giving more goodness to all the growth between the lump and the tip of the plant.

Mono I wanted to ask brother do you hand water that beast daily??

Hey pat. She gets watered to run off every morning at lights on (blinking 6am).

I basically take two five litre bottles of water. Add 15ml of canna coco a and b to each bottle with a small pinch of dolomite lime and pour the bottles onto the coco.

It saturates the medium and drains into a bucket to be disposed of. Usually about 1 litre (10%) run off each day.

Next run I'm going to try a flood and drain with a pump to see if it makes life any easier and or improves the yield :)

M gonna set up my ebb n flow table on my next run! Mono ur beast is looking great and ur right behaving very well. Mine always shoots here then there tie this branch then tie this branch. It's crazy how u can get plants to grow a perfect flat top!! Lol love the updates!!

I couldn't bring myself to fold the plants yesterday Mono they *cough* needed watering (wimped out). Today though they were so close to the lights that I had to do something, so I tried it on my IBxWWS to see how it went:

IMG_051156.JPG

I don't know who hurt more, the girl or me. I had her blood on my hands! Smelled bloody great though lol. She's now more the size of most the other plants:

IMG_051556.JPG

and if you want a good laugh here is my even canopy over in the flowering tent:

IMG_052639.JPG

Thanks for the advice mate, appreciated and I'm sure (hoping at least) that she'll bounce back :thumb:

So we have been on 12/12 for nine days now, the canopy is pretty even although some runaway shoots will need some attention over the weekend.

I'm also going to have to raise the light a couple of inches and potentially lower the plant down a little as the buds begin to grow.

At the start of 12/12 I opened her up and took quite a bit of the height out, she is now back to her starting height and hopefully close to finishing stretch.

420-magazine-mobile459226306.jpg
420-magazine-mobile492080061.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2133473044.jpg

I did a little work in the other tent this evening, mainly a little removal of lower growth and a watering with plenty of run off, starting flush on two of the plants in a week or so. Purple kush has much longer to go but seems to be turning purple...

420-magazine-mobile1459620346.jpg

Is it just me, or is she taking on a little bit of a purple hue? About four weeks of flowering left for her.

420-magazine-mobile1557473244.jpg

There's a little more space in the tent now I've removed the northern lights x big bud for harvest. She's getting the chop this weekend during her 7th week flowering.

420-magazine-mobile1211401317.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1102883078.jpg

420-magazine-mobile886981481.jpg

A little more breathing space under the led now.

420-magazine-mobile78543223.jpg

And we are officially flowering on the big girl :):)

420-magazine-mobile1288706629.jpg
420-magazine-mobile601278622.jpg

One more week of vegetative growth to go, and I think I have her right where she needs to be.

With a good stretch, I think she can join the kg contenders club.

420-magazine-mobile658898311.jpg
420-magazine-mobile657892758.jpg
Being new I haven't seen a whole lot of plants, however I've been researching since last July and your plants are prettiest I've ever seen. Can I call them pretty? :)

M gonna set up my ebb n flow table on my next run! Mono ur beast is looking great and ur right behaving very well. Mine always shoots here then there tie this branch then tie this branch. It's crazy how u can get plants to grow a perfect flat top!! Lol love the updates!!
So true. It makes mine look let a real mess. I have rope going everywhere and moving it daily to get it right. I veg & flower in one spot, just a couple, but by the end my "grow tub" is a disaster not to mention rope everywhere. Still learning.
I've really enjoyed reading your journal. Wow! I'm not sure how I ran into it. It's the 1st one I've ever read. Good job!

Back
Top Bottom