The Quest For A Kilo

Thanks all and welcome to the new faces! :)

I moved the plants around this morning, the big girl is now under the HPS on a 12/12 light cycle, once the lights go off this evening she will have her first long night.

I've put the screen on the middle of the plant to keep it lower for a couple of days, once she has started stretching it will be time to open her up and fill the tent.

420-magazine-mobile2146947091.jpg

420-magazine-mobile303521041.jpg

She has a good size to her at the moment, if she stretches like every other northern lights x big bud I've grown then we might just see the kg.

420-magazine-mobile1696080575.jpg

So in regard to having to shut the grow down for a week at the start of June, all plants are now under 12/12. The filler run is finishing under the led (update tonight).

I've kept one clone, which will be the next big plant and the mother of the next filler run :)

420-magazine-mobile1034032303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Cheers guys! This is where the fun starts haha. Long veg times can get really boring after a while.

Another three - four weeks on the other flowering plants, then we can start building up the clone for a big plant along with 9 plants for a quick filler run.

I'm going to try a 9 plant flood and drain with coco for the filler run next time to see if it improves yields or not ;)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Hey Mono, you probably the best person to ask this so I thought I'd drop in!

My plants are in 66% perlite 33% soil in 4galls under 600w HID.

They're 1.5 feet tall and average 2 feet in canopy diameter. They have all undergone supercropping and topping and have been LST. 10-20 tops each.

If I was to flip now and maintained decent environment throughout any idea how much to expect? I know it's hard to tell due to number of factors but you can see my set up on my Jaris Secret Garden journal.

420-magazine-mobile2137736373.jpg

420-magazine-mobile779141007.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1465051371.jpg

420-magazine-mobile294159497.jpg

These are the girls in veg. There are 16 of them

Flower room is 3m X 1.5m with 3x 600watt air cooled HPS.

Greatly appreciate your insight and really respect your work. Thanks Mono can't wait to see those flowers!

Sent from my GT-I8200N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Mono, you probably the best person to ask this so I thought I'd drop in!

My plants are in 66% perlite 33% soil in 4galls under 600w HID.

They're 1.5 feet tall and average 2 feet in canopy diameter. They have all undergone supercropping and topping and have been LST. 10-20 tops each.

If I was to flip now and maintained decent environment throughout any idea how much to expect? I know it's hard to tell due to number of factors but you can see my set up on my Jaris Secret Garden journal.

420-magazine-mobile2137736373.jpg

420-magazine-mobile779141007.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1465051371.jpg

420-magazine-mobile294159497.jpg

These are the girls in veg. There are 16 of them

Flower room is 3m X 1.5m with 3x 600watt air cooled HPS.

Greatly appreciate your insight and really respect your work. Thanks Mono can't wait to see those flowers!

To many girls in a tight space ones you flip they going too grow lot more for a little while more and you have not mentioned what are you growing, going optimum conditions an all 4 pounds my guess

To many girls in a tight space ones you flip they going too grow lot more for a little while more and you have not mentioned what are you growing, going optimum conditions an all 4 pounds my guess
The veg tent is 2.4 X 1.2 the flower tent is a little bigger at 3 X 1.5. Not only that but there are 4 Super Lemons that are in the veg tent now that are going to be vegged like Mono here does. Each pot will have 50cm2 when I flip in 2 weeks and they're in the big tent the leaves will just be touching. I will be using a Scrog too so I have high hopes.

If I was too clustered is it possible to remove some of the lower branched tops so plants can focus on fewer colas? Is that possible? Appreciate the advise Balat. Mono is a wizard and it is wise to never anger a wizard so ill be quiet now. This is my favourite Journal though!

The Great wizard don't mind and yes you could definitely do that make sure to use that scrog and rule of thumb is that gram per watt is what you'll get so if you keep your plants happy you could get that 4 pounds

Hey guys! Wanted to say thanks again and show you how my girls will scale up to the 3 X 1.5 !

420-magazine-mobile991944170.jpg

420-magazine-mobile496036475.jpg

I took the plants out to treat them for bugs. Only a couple of chewed leaves so more of a precaution.

I set them down in the scrog frame I'm using for the flower tent.

Looks like I'm set for the 2 more weeks of veg! See you round fellas! :Namaste:

Jarimuana, looks like your question was answered ;). Very nice looking garden you have there fella!

The big girl has been on 12/12 for a couple of days now and finally showing signs of stretch. Which means it's time for a marathon training session to open her up and fill the tent.

We are going for a scrog style grow this time around, just without the screen... low and wide is the name of the game.

Until I do an update after the training this evening, some buds in the other tent :)

They have all been on 12/12 for five weeks now

420-magazine-mobile145060110.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1765755497.jpg
420-magazine-mobile670515295.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1029155390.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1728009125.jpg

Purple kush looks like she is going to take a while, only really just getting going.

420-magazine-mobile974224377.jpg

Finally, the marathon training session is over and she looks to be a very happy plant indeed.

Before training -

420-magazine-mobile1223048136.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1468017403.jpg

I took all the main limbs and pulled them towards the sides of the tent, this roughly doubled her width and took about 40% from her height. She's only been stretching for a day or two so I'm sure she will need another session, but all is well for now.

The tent is almost full, other than a small gap at the rear left and near right. Another weeks veg would have been good, but over the next week I'm sure the last gaps will be filled.

420-magazine-mobile189809206.jpg

420-magazine-mobile628491677.jpg

The middle branches I have super cropped and bent over as there is no where else to put them...

420-magazine-mobile356589473.jpg
420-magazine-mobile326303444.jpg

Over the next week or two, there is going to be a fair bit of bending, tucking, super cropping, Defoliation and thinning out, but I will leave her as she is for now :)

I wish I had the balls to train like that Mono, I'm always afraid of snapping my stems after it happened on my last attempt. I have a couple of plants in veg that have hit almost 5' tall untrained and untopped, what would you recommend I do for those please? I have pics available if you want to see them, one is from the feminised seeds I made with Colloidal Silver, an Incredible Bulk female crossed with a White Strawberry Skunk female and one is a Killer Skunk...both massive :thumb:

Lookin good bro, ive got a few in the cupboard again just too many folk around here( my area) getting raided so no pics or that just yet still deciding wether to journal or not lol

Whoa! Glad I found you Mono! Genius weed wizardry at work, stand back!:cheer: Go the kilo! Subbed :popcorn::nomo::tommy:\

:thanks:

Love the training session! She is gonna b a monster!! I have good feelings that kilo is coming!!

Thanks guys! She is doing well, and seems to be behaving herself during stretch at the moment :):)

I wish I had the balls to train like that Mono, I'm always afraid of snapping my stems after it happened on my last attempt. I have a couple of plants in veg that have hit almost 5' tall untrained and untopped, what would you recommend I do for those please? I have pics available if you want to see them, one is from the feminised seeds I made with Colloidal Silver, an Incredible Bulk female crossed with a White Strawberry Skunk female and one is a Killer Skunk...both massive :thumb:

Hey Kraize, feel free to post up some pics if you want fella!

Not too sure what to do with plants of that size, im guessing the stems will be pretty thick and solid? If you really want to lower their height, then you could do a really aggressive topping, taking 1/3 of the growth... Or...

What i would do is, being very careful, bend the main stem over every six inches or so until it folds, creating a bend or even a break in the stem (being careful not to snap it). You should, with some patience be able to practically fold the plant in half without snapping the main stem, this might get them a little more under control.

Lookin good bro, ive got a few in the cupboard again just too many folk around here( my area) getting raided so no pics or that just yet still deciding wether to journal or not lol

Hey TM fella! Cheers!

That sucks to hear of folk getting raided round your parts, there doesn't seem to be much movement around here with the police at the moment, although they seem to go through periods of not caring, then all of a sudden weed is the biggest enemy haha

Back
Top Bottom