Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow

Everyone seems pretty happy. The AG were praying this morning. There doesn’t appear to be any more spotting - another day or two will tell.
IMG_4263.jpeg
IMG_4264.jpeg
IMG_4266.jpeg

IMG_4265.jpeg

per gallonI'm glad you caught it👍 Just curious, by the mixing instructions on your calmag, did you go with a light feeding or a heavy one?
I gave them 4 ml per gallon. The instructions on the bottle call for one tsp per gallon...

All looking good, but those DCs really shine. Cheers
Agreed cr8! Lush says it all with those two. I defoliated 4 days ago & today they look like they did beforehand. I'd expected them to grow similarly based on breeder info (that I most likely misinterpreted) but that ain't the case. One of them is actually an inch or so taller than the AG. I'm hoping they stretch similarly. Flipping in 6 days...

I'm 99% sure that the spots on the AG in the 5 gal sip aren't spreading any further but I'm not so sure about the 10 gal. I've taken pics at the same spot on the plant for a couple days & I'll post those & one from tomorrow morning for comparison tomorrow. The leaves that are already spotted look uglier than when I first spotted it, but again, it doesn't seem to be spreading. I'm planning on flipping them in a few days but I'll wait if the new growth starts showing the same deficiencies. I definitely don't want to put them in flower if they're not healthy. I can move the DC & flower them separately if necessary, but I don't mind giving them a little extra time to grow. My preference it to flower them under the same light to save electricity, but I like having the option of flowering them separately. I probably have room for both of them in a 3'x3'x6' but I have two of those tents also, so I'm prepared to do whatever it takes! I really do have high hopes for this grow & if I have to nurse the AG along for a bit, so be it!
It's hard to judge at this point whether the soils made a difference in their health because of the difference in size.

I'm 99% sure that the spots on the AG in the 5 gal sip aren't spreading any further but I'm not so sure about the 10 gal. I've taken pics at the same spot on the plant & I'll post those for comparison tomorrow. I'm planning on flipping them in a few days but I'll wait if the new growth starts showing the same deficiencies so I'm certain to send healthy plants into flower. I can move the DC & flower them separately if necessary, but I don't mind giving them a little extra time to grow. My preference it to flower them under the same light to save electricity, but I like having the option of flowering them separately. I probably have room for both of them in a 3'x3'x6' but I have two of those tents also, so I'm prepared to do whatever it takes, baby! I really do have high hopes for this grow & if I have to nurse the AG along for a bit, so be it!
It's hard to judge at this point whether the soils made a difference in their health. Time will tell...
Been there…all ended well. Cheers

My apologies to those waiting with bated breath for the comparison photos, but I decided on a different strategy. Since I'm so close to flower, I decided to pluck the affected leaves to eliminate the guesswork. If more spotting shows up in the next day or two, I'll separate them into their own spaces & try & get them healthy before I flower them..
IMG_4280.jpg
IMG_4283.jpg
IMG_4276.jpg
IMG_4277.jpg
Honestly, I'd feel confident flipping them tonight, but a few days of waiting will be a good exercise in patience. The only reason I want to wait is to make sure they're ready, but I'm really tempted to flip them now. The targeted flip date is six days from today. What do y'all think?

My apologies to those waiting with bated breath for the comparison photos, but I decided on a different strategy. Since I'm so close to flower, I decided to pluck the affected leaves to eliminate the guesswork.
IMG_4280.jpg
IMG_4283.jpg
IMG_4276.jpg
IMG_4277.jpg
Honestly, I'd feel confident flipping them tonight, but a few days of waiting will be a good exercise in patience. The only reason I want to wait is to make sure they're ready, but I'm really tempted to flip them now. The targeted flip date is six days from today. What do y'all think?
I would go with my gut feeling. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom